New Safety enchancing device: Wheel Spray deflectors

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
PlatinumZealot

Re: New Safety enchancing device: Wheel Spray deflectors

This was the original definition. I guess they got the proposal! :lol:
PlatinumZealot wrote: โ†‘
18 Sep 2017, 01:45
I hereby propose to the FIA - if any of you are reading this - a device that reduces the second biggest threat to safety in wet weather driving next to aquaplaning: water spray from the tyres.

Water spray from the tyres severely impair the vision of following drivers. Water puddles, braking points, the position of rivals and the worst of all troubled cars on the track are more threatening when hidden behind the screen of water spray.

Therefore a solution to reduce water spray from the tyres is a welcome improvment in the ongoing work of improving safety in motor sport. We will loose that spectacular rooster tail but it is for the benefit of safety.

I will propose to you a device that is mounted behind the wheels of the car that deflects water spray from the contact patch in a way which:

Keeps the cars open wheeled

Is rigidly fixed bodywork

Does not deterioate aerodynamics of the car. Infact, it may be made to improve the aerodynamics so that if the device is broken off the car's performance is penalized. (yes it is safety device but not a critical one so the car may continuein
the race).

Diffuses water spray so as to not cause a flow stream onto the ground infront of following cars.

I will try to draw something up but while I do that,I invite all memebers to share their version of this concept. I also open the floor to constructive criticism. This thread is to develop this idea. There is no need for bashing and flaming here.

Thank you!
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

โ˜„๏ธ Myth of the five suns. โ˜„๏ธ

โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
LxVxFxHxN