2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Dunlay wrote:
11 May 2024, 18:04
AR3-GP wrote:
11 May 2024, 17:51
Wouter wrote:
11 May 2024, 14:50
From a long interview on OE24 with Helmut Marko. There is still no peace in the team.

https://www.oe24.at/sport/motorsport/fo ... /593816032
I think it can be interpreted in many ways.

Precisely.
I would like to hear in what ways from you too. Thanx in advance.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

I think it he means that there has been someone senior leave, so everyone will just need a couple weeks to re-adapt and get back into the Red Bull way of things.

You could read into it as many ways as you like, and come to many different conclusions, especially with the language differences.

All will be good.

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
11 May 2024, 19:34
I think it he means that there has been someone senior leave, so everyone will just need a couple weeks to re-adapt and get back into the Red Bull way of things.

You could read into it as many ways as you like, and come to many different conclusions, especially with the language differences.

All will be good.
What is the difference between Max is saying: "I want peace/there is still no peace in the team"

and Marko says: "I want peace/there is still no peace in the team"?
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Not sure what your getting at there.

We know Marko often speaks in Austrian and translations can be a couple of ways and what it means.

Paa

Wouter wrote:
11 May 2024, 19:22
I would like to hear in what ways. Thanx in advance.
Although, you didn't ask me. I interpreted in a way, that news around Newey leaving caused some turbulence,but now that has been concluded they want to be calm again.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
11 May 2024, 19:22
AR3-GP wrote:
Wouter wrote:
11 May 2024, 14:50
From a long interview on OE24 with Helmut Marko. There is still no peace in the team.

https://www.oe24.at/sport/motorsport/fo ... /593816032
I would like to hear in what ways. Thanx in advance.
I see that Marko has only repeated something which he said a month ago.
"There is no peace in the team"
I think your interpretation is an extreme one. Almost as if there are fist fights and shouting matches after the races. I don't think so.

Three technical leaders made new commitments until 2028. Verstappen himself defended the team against Zak Brown's merrymaking. Verstappen dismissed claims of Mercedes negotiations. Oliver Mintzlaff offered PR statements seeking to end the Horner speculation, rebuked Toto Wolff, mentioned Verstappen's loyalty and that he is not aware of any plans for Max to depart. Ford reaffirmed commitment for 2026.

There has been news (Newey departure), and perhaps a restless mood after the defeat in Miami, but to our knowledge, not even Ralf Bach is able to offer speculation anymore. There are normal developments such as engineers being poached by others, but this happened before as well.

The leaders involved may not like the morals of their colleagues, but they understand that there is a business to be run and hundreds of other team members who do not deserve to have the leadership lay waste to what the team has created due to personal grievances.

ringo

The myth goes with Newey. Is he saying Lewis goes with Newey?
It may well be the case newey attracted lewis to Ferrari.
All in all, I cannot wait for the talk of turmoil in the team to go away. There is really no reason for the Redbull team to self destruct. There is no external pressure competitively. Even Mclaren is no threat to them. If the RB20 upgrades even brings 2 tenths, that puts them out of reach of any team. And I am sure Redbull will bring at least this amount and maybe improved cooling solution to push the engine even more.
Miami was a false dawn for Mclaren I feel. It just takes an RB20 upgrade to set Max further up the road from anyone else and let Checo slice his way to P2 again.

The mention of 220 Mercedes HPP workers to redbull by Horner does say the engine program for redbull is strong. The only thing they will lack is organizational knowlege that mercedes and honda have from their automotive divisions.
But i feel the cost cap is possibly why so many of these guys left to redbull correct me if im wrong.
For Sure!!

Dunlay
Dunlay

Wouter wrote:
11 May 2024, 19:23
Dunlay wrote:
11 May 2024, 18:04
AR3-GP wrote:

Precisely.
I would like to hear in what ways from you too. Thanx in advance.
Things started calming down in the team after Horner and the other group reached an agreement. With Newey's news and it's impact, Marko is saying the team need to calm down "again". It doesn't mean that the "old war" is still on. Just a different situation that requires team to calm down one more time.

Dunlay
Dunlay

ringo wrote:
12 May 2024, 02:51
The myth goes with Newey. Is he saying Lewis goes with Newey?
The "myth" could very well be the PR that it's Newey who is the single handedly responsible for the success of Red Bull cars.

ringo wrote:
12 May 2024, 02:51
The mention of 220 Mercedes HPP workers to redbull by Horner does say the engine program for redbull is strong. The only thing they will lack is organizational knowlege that mercedes and honda have from their automotive divisions.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... -boss-deal
Masashi Yamamoto, Honda’s former F1 managing director, will leave the company to set up a consultancy firm to work with Red Bull.
https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/re ... l-director
Red Bull Powertrains Appoints Ben Hodgkinson (Former Mercedes) As Technical Director
https://t.co/N8JQsCynoI
Ford is now also providing support for ICE and turbo to RBPT while the main focus is still on electrical parts

"The internal combustion engine and turbo were not on the initial list of things we would contribute to, but in terms of modelling and testing, we have knowledge that can help with that."

"So that is now being used, although our main focus is still on the electrical components. There is direct, technical support for all those elements from people on my team at the campus in Milton Keynes."

ringo

Looks like really strong support there.
Im am not very impressed with Ford against a Honda or Mercedes when if comes to engine performace, but it's still big factory backing that will go a long way for Redbull.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Engine buidling takes time. RBPT will be behind just like Honda was in 2015. They will be competitive but not in 2026. Max will be fighting for P6's and such until the engine comes good. And even then, Adian might be bought out by Ferrari, so it won't be automatic that RedBull will have the best chassis. Interesting times ahead.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

bananapeel23

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 May 2024, 17:20
Engine buidling takes time. RBPT will be behind just like Honda was in 2015. They will be competitive but not in 2026. Max will be fighting for P6's and such until the engine comes good. And even then, Adian might be bought out by Ferrari, so it won't be automatic that RedBull will have the best chassis. Interesting times ahead.
Remember that the engine regulations are fairly similar and that Red Bull inherited a lot of Honda employees and IP. They will have a pretty good base to build on

chrisc90

I thought Honda kept all the IP?

Ford used to design some good engines - especially the Cosworth division. These days Ford don’t seem to have made a good engine (especially the wet belt and eco boost (eco-boom) engines. But I guess the F1 engines is a whole new kettle of fish.

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
12 May 2024, 18:34
I thought Honda kept all the IP?

Ford used to design some good engines - especially the Cosworth division. These days Ford don’t seem to have made a good engine (especially the wet belt and eco boost (eco-boom) engines. But I guess the F1 engines is a whole new kettle of fish.
Yes, Honda kept their IP.
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

bananapeel23 wrote:
12 May 2024, 17:25
PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 May 2024, 17:20
Remember that the engine regulations are fairly similar and that Red Bull inherited a lot of Honda employees and IP. They will have a pretty good base to build on
They did not get any IP at all. Honda made this clear. You think Honda is crazy? lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN