2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

ispano6 wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 19:37
djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 12:29
Wouter wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 12:22

"It’s much closer between Yuki and Daniel than the trolls here would have you believe," according to
a huge blind subjective Ricciardo fan.

How about my post in replay to your: "Oh dear, Wouter caught making sh!t up again! #-o"??

My post in which I showed you that you once again falsely accused me!! But hé, than you don't respond that you were wrong
and instead you start talking about Trolls again! =D>

I've told you before that it's okay to be a huge fan of Ricciardo, but don't expect others to be the same.
Every person has their own preferences which you could respects them but you don't.
Maybe I should use the term hater, seems more accurate.

All you do is bash bash bash Daniel. It’s tiresome!!!
It all started when the pro Ric/Lawson crowd from down under started belittling Tsunoda. Many here are tired of the euro-ausie-commentary against Yuki that his "ceiling" is low, he's not an elite driver, he's only there because of Honda. Guess who sounds like the Trolls/haters? We come to this forum expecting objective analysis and we get comments like Liam should be Max's teammate before Yuki, despite not having a single complete season on his CV, potentially placing Liam on a path similar to Albon's or Kvyat's (though you never know, even Sainz may come full circle back to RB).

After the recent Australia quali and how Ric was "skeptical" of the VCARB performance, and with the team opting to replace his PU, it reminded me of how he walked from Red Bull due to his fear/uncertainty of Honda. After all, he won all his races in Renault PUs. It probably is that Ricciardo hasn't yet come to grips with the Honda PU, similar to how Perez struggled to adapt to the Honda after coming from Mercedes power.
Red Bull's Sergio Perez has said that getting to grips with the Honda power unit and its driveability proved to be one of the biggest headaches of his season as he adjusted to life with the team. Perez was snapped up by Red Bull to join as teammate to Max Verstappen, having spent every season since 2013 driving cars powered by Mercedes. While Perez had a somewhat mixed year in terms of results, it was only the end of the season where the veteran started showing some consistent form. Reflecting on his year, Perez picked out the engine as being a particular struggle to get used to, due to the very different way it delivers its power. "Even as a driver, you underestimate these things until you live them, and experience them," he told media, including RacingNews365.com . "But driving a different power unit, it's a completely different task. "Like driving a completely different philosophy of car with the high rake versus lower rake... it's a completely different task and the way you approach things are just extremely different. "You have to learn new techniques. Basically, what I used to do, nothing really worked."

Perez believes that if newly-crowned World Champion Verstappen swapped away from Honda power and into a Mercedes-powered car, he'd have the same difficulty in initial adjustment. "So it would be the same, for example, if Max went to Mercedes – they are very different. They produce very similar lap times, but the way they get the lap time is extremely different," he explained. As for where he feels he's losing out to Verstappen, he says there's no specific area of weakness. "Every circuit is different; there are some circuits where I'm more competitive than others, so it's very much down to circuit-specific rather than certain corners," he said. With Perez getting that adjustment season out of the way, he is on a much more level playing field alongside Verstappen for 2022, as F1 goes through a huge regulation reset. As a result, he's confident that this season will be a much more competitive showing on his side. "We already have a baseline that we can work from and improve that one, so that makes a huge difference," he said. "I already know the people, I already know what is what and how to get the most out of every single individual around me, so that's a very different picture."
No! We have never belittled Yuki, most of us really like him! We have only criticised him when he's done stupid things or lost his temper, when he does well we give him his dues!
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 21:55
ispano6 wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 19:37
djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 12:29

Maybe I should use the term hater, seems more accurate.

All you do is bash bash bash Daniel. It’s tiresome!!!
It all started when the pro Ric/Lawson crowd from down under started belittling Tsunoda. Many here are tired of the euro-ausie-commentary against Yuki that his "ceiling" is low, he's not an elite driver, he's only there because of Honda. Guess who sounds like the Trolls/haters? We come to this forum expecting objective analysis and we get comments like Liam should be Max's teammate before Yuki, despite not having a single complete season on his CV, potentially placing Liam on a path similar to Albon's or Kvyat's (though you never know, even Sainz may come full circle back to RB).

After the recent Australia quali and how Ric was "skeptical" of the VCARB performance, and with the team opting to replace his PU, it reminded me of how he walked from Red Bull due to his fear/uncertainty of Honda. After all, he won all his races in Renault PUs. It probably is that Ricciardo hasn't yet come to grips with the Honda PU, similar to how Perez struggled to adapt to the Honda after coming from Mercedes power.
Red Bull's Sergio Perez has said that getting to grips with the Honda power unit and its driveability proved to be one of the biggest headaches of his season as he adjusted to life with the team. Perez was snapped up by Red Bull to join as teammate to Max Verstappen, having spent every season since 2013 driving cars powered by Mercedes. While Perez had a somewhat mixed year in terms of results, it was only the end of the season where the veteran started showing some consistent form. Reflecting on his year, Perez picked out the engine as being a particular struggle to get used to, due to the very different way it delivers its power. "Even as a driver, you underestimate these things until you live them, and experience them," he told media, including RacingNews365.com . "But driving a different power unit, it's a completely different task. "Like driving a completely different philosophy of car with the high rake versus lower rake... it's a completely different task and the way you approach things are just extremely different. "You have to learn new techniques. Basically, what I used to do, nothing really worked."

Perez believes that if newly-crowned World Champion Verstappen swapped away from Honda power and into a Mercedes-powered car, he'd have the same difficulty in initial adjustment. "So it would be the same, for example, if Max went to Mercedes – they are very different. They produce very similar lap times, but the way they get the lap time is extremely different," he explained. As for where he feels he's losing out to Verstappen, he says there's no specific area of weakness. "Every circuit is different; there are some circuits where I'm more competitive than others, so it's very much down to circuit-specific rather than certain corners," he said. With Perez getting that adjustment season out of the way, he is on a much more level playing field alongside Verstappen for 2022, as F1 goes through a huge regulation reset. As a result, he's confident that this season will be a much more competitive showing on his side. "We already have a baseline that we can work from and improve that one, so that makes a huge difference," he said. "I already know the people, I already know what is what and how to get the most out of every single individual around me, so that's a very different picture."
No! We have never belittled Yuki, most of us really like him! We have only criticised him when he's done stupid things or lost his temper, when he does well we give him his dues!
Yeah that's very true. In no way can you compare that hate directed at Ricciardo to a bit of valid criticism towards Yuki about stuff like the Bahrain cooldown lap.

runningmanz
runningmanz

CaribouBread wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 15:14

New floor to come in Suzuka, hopes to bring better downforce stability.
That's great news, excited to see how it improves the cars performance and also if it helps Dan feel more comfortable in the car to be able to extract his best like Yuki has been able to lately.

runningmanz
runningmanz

NAPI10 wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 14:56
runningmanz wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 14:33
djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 11:17
It’s much closer between Yuki and Daniel than the trolls here would have you believe, just look at the data like Tommy has.

Thanks for that. Very well presented with solid facts and reasoning. It's certainly alot closer than many think.
Yuki is not Max or Alonso to say 'Closer' is enough for Ric to be considered for a competitive seat (with any top team).
Just 3 races to make any call but pressure is mounting on Ric.
To be fair Yuki has improved alot and is performing at a very high level currently. Ricciardo is only on average around 0.186sec off in qualli as mentioned in that analysis and thats taking into account that big gap in Jeddah which imo could very well be just an outlier as it was never that big even last year. Its not as bad as it looks. He is obviously not performing at his peak at the moment. The questions are when both drivers are at their peak who has the higher performance ceiling and can Daniel get back to performing at that peak level. If they can sort the car out for him like they did with his input at Renault imo there is a good chance. Time will tell.
Last edited by runningmanz on 28 Mar 2024, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Straight from Marko himself..

"Helmut Marko plays down talk of Liam Lawson and Daniel Ricciardo swap
Marko apparently thinks the story belongs in the ‘realm of fables’, insisting that Red Bull have issued no such ‘ultimatum’ to Ricciardo.

He suspects that RB inadvertently triggered the speculation when they agreed to let Ayumu Iwasa drive his car in FP1 at Suzuka."

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/helmut ... am-lawson/

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

I think it’s a bit of a stretch for shaming people to say they “hate” on RIC. Let’s be honest, his struggles have been mostly of his own making here. Whichever way you want to slice the cookie it’s his on track performances that have cast a shadow over his credentials. His stint at McLaren and now at RB are not what one would expect from someone who was tipped as a future WDC. I’ve said it many times, I’m a fan of his personality and “last of the late brakers” aura but very few drivers get the chance to have two teams trying to get him comfortable in a car. He has to produce because current form isn’t good enough. Even though it’s close with Yuki he “should” be leading the pair on credentials and experience alone

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

runningmanz wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 11:30
If you genuinely think he's trolling stop this back and forth bickering and put him on your ignore list. Just polluting this thread with needless arguments.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Marko praises Yuki for overcoming some of the issues that have affected him in the past.

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/helmut ... is-season/

Bill
Bill

yuki maybe getting all the praise but he aint getting that redbull seat.redbull will always invent reason why not give him a seat ,the latest from Marko is maybe Ric is weak so yuki is not all that.before the season began all Ric had to do was to put Yuki under control but that rule does not apply equal for yuki he will need to do more based on some arbitrary goalpost marko may come with randomly

HPD

Would RB let Yuki go to Aston Martin?
In the future, perez is not an option (due to age according to Marko).
Ricciardo surpassed by Yuki.
Liam inexperienced.

Will they let Yuki go? Or are they going to look for another driver outside the RB family?

Bill
Bill

yuki is from honda school ultimately they will have final say.redbull at these point have max they dont care particulary about secound car

hudnut
hudnut

Lawson or Sainz I reckon.

kptaylor
kptaylor

Yuki is there due to Honda funding. His immaturity and inability to effectively communicate under stress is telling and will prevent him from moving up to RBR. Does that mean Aston will take Yuki along with the funding or that Honda will still package him with their contract? Who knows?

Bill
Bill

kptaylor wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 16:41
Yuki is there due to Honda funding. His immaturity and inability to effectively communicate under stress is telling and will prevent him from moving up to RBR. Does that mean Aston will take Yuki along with the funding or that Honda will still package him with their contract? Who knows?
You are clinging on to the past when yuki came in he was a teenager now he is grown up and maturing.

HPD

kptaylor wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 16:41
ispano6 was referring precisely to these comments to discredit Yuki. Since last year we have been like this.