2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

runningmanz wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:54
Wouter wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 12:45
WOW, what a great career! You think he is a great driver and I think he is a mediocre driver.
Only in 2014 and 2016 he was a better driver. Let's agree to disagree.

2011 - 27th place in the WDC
2012 - 18th
2013 - 14th
2014 - 3
-------------------------
This just proves you are trolling. Anyone that does any serious research on Dan knows he has achieved alot in his career of which details have been mentioned by Djos and others in here. Much more than just a list of wdc positions without any context.

Don't play the victim complaining about being accused of trolling when your posts are clearly displaying that.
😘 and have a nice day!
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

From Helmut Marko's Melbourne report on Speedweek. Translated:
Daniel's speed has improved, but Yuki is currently riding at a very high level - and remains error-free. Franz Tost and I always believed in him; his speed was always beyond doubt for us. His problems were lack of control, outbursts and proneness to errors. All of that is gone this season. Yuki came to Europe very young and that is very, very hard for a Japanese person. It's a completely different life with us. But now things are working and Yuki is being noticed on the driver market.

His seventh place in Melbourne is important for the Racing Bulls. It's incredibly hard for the last 5 teams to finish in the points. That's why I understand Williams' decision to give Albon Sargeant's car after his crash. Albon is the much stronger driver and a championship point can be worth up to $10 million. In that respect it was a logical thing.

We are now looking forward to the Japanese GP in two weeks, where we should continue our form from the first two races. As is well known, Suzuka is an extreme driver's track where Max should set the horizons straight for the others. It will be a home game for Yuki. According to a recent survey, he is the most popular driver in the world among young people up to the age of 18. This could be something!
On Friday we will use our young pilot Ayumu Iwasa in training, an All-Nippon team.
In addition: The Suzuka track should suit the Racing Bulls car.
The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

runningmanz wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:54
Wouter wrote:
WOW, what a great career! You think he is a great driver and I think he is a mediocre driver.

2012 - 18th
2013 - 14th
2014 - 3
2015 - 8
2016 - 3
2017 - 5
2018 - 6
2019 - 9
2020 - 5
2021 - 8
2022 - 12
2023 - 17
This just proves you are trolling. Anyone that does any serious research on Dan knows he has achieved alot in his career of which details have been mentioned by Djos and others in here. Much more than just a list of wdc positions without any context. Don't play the victim complaining about being accused of trolling when your posts are clearly displaying that.
Well, but what does that matter?
I believed in Dan and got him into my FantasyGP team...but need to remove him and restructure for this next week. Marko basically confirmed, that it is just Dan who is slow. Just hopeless with him being even out on FP1.
I fear he will be replaced. I never rated Yuki high, I would have expected to see Yuki out...but with the current situation it will be Law for Dan middle of this season.
Don`t russel the hamster!

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 17:11
Daniel's speed has improved, but Yuki is currently riding at a very high level - and remains error-free. Franz Tost and I always believed in him; his speed was always beyond doubt for us. His problems were lack of control, outbursts and proneness to errors. All of that is gone this season. Yuki came to Europe very young and that is very, very hard for a Japanese person. It's a completely different life with us. But now things are working and Yuki is being noticed on the driver market.

His seventh place in Melbourne is important for the Racing Bulls. It's incredibly hard for the last 5 teams to finish in the points. That's why I understand Williams' decision to give Albon Sargeant's car after his crash. Albon is the much stronger driver and a championship point can be worth up to $10 million. In that respect it was a logical thing.

We are now looking forward to the Japanese GP in two weeks, where we should continue our form from the first two races. As is well known, Suzuka is an extreme driver's track where Max should set the horizons straight for the others. It will be a home game for Yuki. According to a recent survey, he is the most popular driver in the world among young people up to the age of 18. This could be something!
On Friday we will use our young pilot Ayumu Iwasa in training, an All-Nippon team.
I suppose this is what Yuki was talking about for FP1 :D

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 17:37
Wouter wrote:

Yes. :D
The Power of Dreams!

Logie
Logie

Seen alot or rumours on social media about Dan being replace.

Regarding his carrer it started great then went down hill since leaving RB. Cant blame him for leaving when Max was on the ride, he prob knew everything would be built around Max.

Yuki stepped up big time in quali and race

djos

Bill wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 14:40
the new generation of ground effect cars requires a different kind of driving style .the front wing are basic and teams cant find front end grip that Dan is looking for .even the great Lewis is not putting consistent performance. He will need to demonstrate that he can adapt. someone made a video on YouTube analyzing Dan driving style and said yuki style was erratic which is amusing but like i said in the past all that matter is laptimes in the end
I would say you have a valid point, except we know that when he drove the RB19 last year, he was within 1/100ths of Max’s best qualifying time.

And then he put the AT in 4th at the Mexican GP alongside Max who qualified 3rd.
Last edited by djos on 26 Mar 2024, 00:24, edited 2 times in total.
"In downforce we trust"

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

djos wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 00:18
Bill wrote:
the new generation of ground effect cars requires a different kind of driving style .the front wing are basic and teams cant find front end grip that Dan is looking for .even the great Lewis is not putting consistent performance. He will need to demonstrate that he can adapt. someone made a video on YouTube analyzing Dan driving style and said yuki style was erratic which is amusing but like i said in the past all that matter is laptimes in the end
I would say you have a valid point, except we know that when he drove the RB19 last year, he was within 1/100ths of Max’s best qualifying time.
A car with a very strong front end that Max and Danny like. If I remember correctly, the last upgrade of 2023 for VCARB was on the floor, which greatly increased rear DF, but there was still work to be done on the front axle. Still, hearing Ricciardo say that even with track evolution, he couldn't do that lap time that Yuki did should kick him out of contention for that Red Bull seat.

djos

Wouter wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:05
djos wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 12:51
Wouter wrote:

2012 - 18th
---------------------------
Let’s ignore the 8 Grand Prix wins shall we, in non-dominant cars! Only 14% of all F1 drivers have even scored a single win, Daniel has 8. In fact, Daniel is ranked 39th for wins of all time, in fact he’s tied with Denny Hulme and Jacky Ickx! Next you’ll be telling us those two drivers careers weren’t very good! 🤦‍♂️

https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques ... ombre.aspx

Lovely trolling as always Champ!
Why is it trolling if I don't think he is such a good driver? He was known for his dive bombs, but other than that he didn't show
exceptional things. He was lucky to be in a fast car at RBR where he could drive fast, but when he got into less fast cars
he didn't show anything, including that speed.
He is now driving with a team mate who has 10!! years less experience. Surely he should be able to beat him by far
if he were such an excellent driver but he is not. I'll leave it like that.
You are a huge fan of Ricciardo and I am ok with that but don't accuse me of trolling.
Your bias is showing again champ! 🤦‍♂️
"In downforce we trust"

JPower
JPower

Bill wrote:
I agree. I don't think Ricciardo will ever be at 100% in this regulation set.

I think there are many drivers on the grid that prefer a lot of front-end who have had to change their driving style to fit the ground effect era(Verstappen, Leclerc, Russell, Hulk...). They have adapted but he still hasn't found a way that allows him to consistently drive quickly the way these cars have to be driven.

Maybe that will change, but I haven't seen evidence of such.

runningmanz
runningmanz

The real truth as sourced from RBR not these BS rumours.

https://speedcafe.com/the-truth-behind- ... i-rumours/

djos

runningmanz wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 02:54

Journalism these days has really gone down the gurgler! Nice to see at least one journalist doing some fact checking!
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 03:02
runningmanz wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 02:54

Journalism these days has really gone down the gurgler! Nice to see at least one journalist doing some fact checking!
Yeah it's just out of control as usual after 3 races where particularly in 2 race weekends his race was pretty much dictated by a tenth in qualli and running wide in one corner. Hardly massive mistakes. Just needs to nail qualli. His race pace is good.

Roll on Japan the car sounds like it could be good there.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 17:37
Wouter wrote:

Official announcement.

The Power of Dreams!

hasika
hasika

I guess there is no chance for Yuki to get RB seat if Horner take control of the team.
There are some videos in the internet that Horner completely ignored Yuki and went to Ric's car and tolk to him before race start,while Marko had some talk to Yuki.So it seems Horner support Ric and Marko support Yuki more.