2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

hasika wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 17:13
I guess there is no chance for Yuki to get RB seat if Horner take control of the team.
There are some videos in the internet that Horner completely ignored Yuki and went to Ric's car and tolk to him before race start,
while Marko had some talk to Yuki.So it seems Horner support Ric and Marko support Yuki more.
That's right. Ricciardo has always been Horner's favorite. That was already when Max came to RBR. Excessive hugging and all that.
Ricciardo was even allowed to drive the wedding car all day when he got married with Geri in 2015.
That has remained the case even after Ricciardo abandoned the team in 2018 and failed to show up in Hungary to sign the contract .
Marko then waited for him all day. Ricciardo didn't dare call him. Marko doesn't forget something like that.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

yuki chances at redbull will depend on what Honda is willing to offer.redbull has clear no 1 and no 2 so sadly the have genius Max and no2 who can bring construct points and big sponsor so they wont be willing to give that up.realty is they dont need yuki .realistic for yuki he need to aim for merc seat by being comprehensively the best driver in the midfied.Rb is a car that is 0.3 tenth behind aston and 0.4 behind merc but yuki is able to overcome that over a quali lap so people should not underestimate what he is doing.he did that in brazil last year and abu dhabi.redbull also need to think of life after Max .if he retires in 2026 because he doesnot like regulation or pu is poor then they could find themself in difficult position

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 17:20
hasika wrote:
I guess there is no chance for Yuki to get RB seat if Horner take control of the team.
There are some videos in the internet that Horner completely ignored Yuki and went to Ric's car and tolk to him before race start,
while Marko had some talk to Yuki.So it seems Horner support Ric and Marko support Yuki more.
That's right. Ricciardo has always been Horner's favorite. That was already when Max came to RBR. Excessive hugging and all that.
Ricciardo was even allowed to drive the wedding car all day when he got married with Geri in 2015.
That has remained the case even after Ricciardo abandoned the team in 2018 and failed to show up in Hungary to sign the contract .
Marko then waited for him all day. Ricciardo didn't dare call him. Marko doesn't forget something like that.
Wow could you try to do a better hatchet job on Ricciardo? I've never heard anyone running one driver down so constantly.

Ricciardo attended the Hungary test, he wasn't expected to sign the contract there. Why would Dan call Marko first anyway?? He called Horner later in the week to let him know of his decision he didn't just abandon the team. It was a difficult decision for him but part of the reason he left was after what happened at Baku when he was made to apologise to the factory after Max was clearly at fault with that double move.

Again it wasn't an easy decision he said so himself which is why he took so long to call Horner.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorspor ... c23294ad25

Its not like Marko dislikes Ricciardo either or is holding a grudge. He came up to Dan on the grid just before the race at Hungary to wish him luck last year which he never does for any other drivers not currently at RBR.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport ... 692af63773

He also praised him highly after Mexico and after Australia said the team needs to give him a car he is comfortable in. He never if ever says stuff like that.
Last edited by runningmanz on 27 Mar 2024, 00:21, edited 7 times in total.

djos

runningmanz wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 23:39
Wouter wrote:
hasika wrote:
Wow could you try to do a better hatchet job on Ricciardo? I've never heard anyone running one driver down so constantly. Stop spreading nonsense.

Ricciardo attended the Hungary test, he wasn't expected to sign the contract there. Why would Dan call Marko first anyway?? He called Horner later in the week to let him know of his decision he didn't just abandon the team. It was a difficult decision for him but part of the reason he left was after what happened at Baku when he was made to apologise to the factory after Max was clearly at fault with that double move.

Again it wasn't an easy decision hecsaid so himself which is why he took so long to call Horner.

I saw an interview with Daniel recently where he basically admitted that he was getting bad advice from his management team and they pushed him hard to take the Renault offer.

Thankfully his current manager seems to be doing a better job.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 23:49
runningmanz wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Wow could you try to do a better hatchet job on Ricciardo? I've never heard anyone running one driver down so constantly. Stop spreading nonsense.

Again it wasn't an easy decision hecsaid so himself which is why he took so long to call Horner.

I saw an interview with Daniel recently where he basically admitted that he was getting bad advice from his management team and they pushed him hard to take the Renault offer.

Yeah in hindsight it was a bad decision as Renault just haven't looked anywhere near getting back to their championship winning ways which is partly what Dan thought was possible after speaking to them before making the decision with his manager to move to Renault.

runningmanz
runningmanz

A reminder of Dan's charge through the field in the 2019 Renault which he wasn;t even fully at one with unlike the 2020 Renault which he excelled in. That he was able to produce a drive like this in that situation and other times at Japan hopefully gives him confidence going into this race to kickstart his year. Obviously having said that it would be better to qualli well tho too so you don;t have to come back through the field :)

djos

runningmanz wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 03:11
A reminder of Dan's charge through the field in the 2019 Renault which he wasn;t even fully at one with unlike the 2020 Renault which he excelled in. That he was able to produce a drive like this in that situation and other times at Japan hopefully gives him confidence going into this race to kickstart his year. Obviously having said that it would be better to qualli well tho too so you don;t have to come back through the field :)

That was epic! Let's hope he gets through to Q3 and doesn't need to race through the filed like that.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 03:19
runningmanz wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 03:11

That was epic! Let's hope he gets through to Q3 and doesn't need to race through the filed like that.
Yeah was a great recovery drive. Hopefully so!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:
hasika wrote:
Dan did call Marko after taking time over the contract with his manager..

""On Thursday, he then called and told me he was going to Renault."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/marko ... 6/5294316/
Last edited by runningmanz on 27 Mar 2024, 04:13, edited 1 time in total.

djos

runningmanz wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 04:11
Wouter wrote:
hasika wrote:
Dan did call Marko..

Oh dear, Wouter caught making sh!t up again! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

Watto
Watto

djos wrote:
runningmanz wrote:
Wouter wrote:

I always though the from Dan pov was the risk of how long it would take Honda to get up to pace with their engine.

If it took too long knew Max's driving would mature (which it had) Max had the raw pace, Dan had the consistency/minimal mistakes. IF it took Honfa too long then Max would be more consistent and faster. If he knew Honda would be very competitive soon I tend to think he probably would have stayed. He also pushed Max pretty hard during their time together. Maybe like a Rosberg Hamilton no arguments Hamilton/Max were the better drivers but the 2nd driver wasn't too far off with Max

djos

Watto wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 05:01
djos wrote:
runningmanz wrote:

I always though the from Dan pov was the risk of how long it would take Honda to get up to pace with their engine.

If it took too long knew Max's driving would mature (which it had) Max had the raw pace, Dan had the consistency/minimal mistakes. IF it took Honfa too long then Max would be more consistent and faster. If he knew Honda would be very competitive soon I tend to think he probably would have stayed. He also pushed Max pretty hard during their time together. Maybe like a Rosberg Hamilton no arguments Hamilton/Max were the better drivers but the 2nd driver wasn't too far off with Max
Honestly, I think the evidence is that "Honda" was an excuse - Markos comments and actions seem to be the main catalyst (link from runningmanz):

https://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/3 ... e-f1-again
The second major moment, which appears to have been a catalyst for what followed, is a comment made by Helmut Marko, the head of Red Bull's driver programme and a key supporter of Verstappen behind the scenes, shortly before the Monaco Grand Prix. During contract negotiations with Ricciardo's agent at the time, Glenn Beavis, Marko said, off the cuff: "I want to win the title with Daniel in 2018, and then win it with Max in 2019 and 2020."

Beavis, in the middle of negotiating a deal for 2019 and 2020, couldn't believe what he was hearing. Marko had clearly intended it as a good thing, but it seemed to suggest the team's long-term ambitions were focused around Verstappen. More remarkable was that Marko then doubled down on that comment in a meeting with Ricciardo and team principal Christian Horner also present on top of the team's floating motorhome in the Monte Carlo harbour, repeating to the Australian what he had until then only heard second-hand from his agent.

On hearing Marko say this, it is understood a frustrated Horner slapped Marko on the leg and told him the team did not, in fact, think like that. But coming from someone as influential internally as Marko, the comment resonated. Ricciardo would not win the title in 2018 and Verstappen would not win it until 2021, but whether Marko's goal was achievable or not was less important than what he felt Marko was saying: Max is our guy.

Ricciardo's suspicions would only be strengthened a handful of weeks later when he and Verstappen collided at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix in Baku. Most observers believed the collision was the fault of Verstappen, who was still showing the habit for moving under braking which had so irritated the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in his early F1 seasons. While Verstappen bore the brunt of Horner's anger in the postrace debrief, his teammate felt that in the days and weeks that followed the blame from senior management, both privately and publicly, shifted away from his teammate and onto him.
"In downforce we trust"

Watto
Watto

djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 05:15
Watto wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 05:01
djos wrote:

Honestly, I think the evidence is that "Honda" was an excuse - Markos comments and actions seem to be the main catalyst (link from runningmanz):

https://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/3 ... e-f1-again
The second major moment, which appears to have been a catalyst for what followed, is a comment made by Helmut Marko, the head of Red Bull's driver programme and a key supporter of Verstappen behind the scenes, shortly before the Monaco Grand Prix. During contract negotiations with Ricciardo's agent at the time, Glenn Beavis, Marko said, off the cuff: "I want to win the title with Daniel in 2018, and then win it with Max in 2019 and 2020."

Beavis, in the middle of negotiating a deal for 2019 and 2020, couldn't believe what he was hearing. Marko had clearly intended it as a good thing, but it seemed to suggest the team's long-term ambitions were focused around Verstappen. More remarkable was that Marko then doubled down on that comment in a meeting with Ricciardo and team principal Christian Horner also present on top of the team's floating motorhome in the Monte Carlo harbour, repeating to the Australian what he had until then only heard second-hand from his agent.

On hearing Marko say this, it is understood a frustrated Horner slapped Marko on the leg and told him the team did not, in fact, think like that. But coming from someone as influential internally as Marko, the comment resonated. Ricciardo would not win the title in 2018 and Verstappen would not win it until 2021, but whether Marko's goal was achievable or not was less important than what he felt Marko was saying: Max is our guy.

Ricciardo's suspicions would only be strengthened a handful of weeks later when he and Verstappen collided at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix in Baku. Most observers believed the collision was the fault of Verstappen, who was still showing the habit for moving under braking which had so irritated the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in his early F1 seasons. While Verstappen bore the brunt of Horner's anger in the postrace debrief, his teammate felt that in the days and weeks that followed the blame from senior management, both privately and publicly, shifted away from his teammate and onto him.
I don't doubt that was an element to it all as well.

But I also tend to think if Dan knew RB Honda were made the gains and be competitive as quickly as they did he probably would have backed himself in the shorter term to maybe pinch a win (over a season) over Max through consistency and speed - he wasn't that far off Max and like Rosberg/Hamilton they could push one another pretty hard. I think in general more than Checco has - Checco has has his moments where he was quicker/pushed Max but overall has his number.
So given he saw - with some evidence it becoming an even more Max focused team - they unknowns into how long it would take them to compete he looked at what other opportunities there were. Renault said sure things, probably offered him more. That he returned to RB (with some guidance from Toto iirc) suggests the issues they had were not too fundamental.

Bill
Bill

The same Horner said they were going to build team around Max.rbr has a no1 and no2 policy everything is just pointless
charter.no1 is quickest guy in the team.

Wouter

djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 04:13
runningmanz wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 04:11
Wouter wrote:
Dan did call Marko..

Oh dear, Wouter caught making sh!t up again! #-o
I am making sh*t up again?! :lol:

You're from Australia. Why didn't you post this from the News.com.au site?! :?:

You can read there that Ricciardo should sign his contract on Tuesday. Marko was waiting during testing
but he didn't came to the appointment and also didn't call Helmut!

On Thursday he called Marko, TWO days later!!
Tyson Otto from News.com.au
August 22nd, 2018 9:24 am

RED Bull chief adviser Helmut Marko has accused Daniel Ricciardo of contract treachery in the final days before his bombshell announcement to join Renault next year.

The Red Bull driving line-up kingmaker has opened up on his team’s seismic moves since the start of the summer break, which began with a bang when Ricciardo’s two-year deal with Renault was announced.

Marko told Austria’s Servus TV that Ricciardo informed him he would sign a new contract with Red Bull just days before he signed with Renault.

According to Marko, Ricciardo led the team to believe that he would sign his new deal with Red Bull on the final day of the testing event at the Hungaroring (Wednesday, August 1 AEST).

Instead he signed with Renault the following day and began telling Red Bull colleagues on Friday (AEST) when the story broke.

Marko said he suspects Ricciardo’s decision to leave after 10 years with Red Bull and Toro Rosso could only be as a result of the money Renault was able to offer — or the uncertainty surrounding Red Bull’s move to Honda power units from next year.

“I cannot understand the change. That was a very strange story,” Marko told Servus TV.

“The negotiations were difficult but Wednesday before the Austrian Grand Prix we were talking for two hours
and came to an agreement.

“During the weekend, we were talking and renegotiating again.

“In Hungary, he told (Red Bull owner) Mr (Dietrich) Mateschitz and me that he was OK with everything and that he was going to sign during the test on Tuesday. But he didn’t.

On Thursday, he then called and told me he was going to Renault. I can only assume that maybe he doesn’t believe in the Honda project or that Renault offered him a lot of money.”
==========================================

From Racefans.net. Horner about Ricciardo:
“He sees Max growing and growing in terms of speed and strength and he doesn’t want to play a support role, I guess,
for want of better words,” said Horner. “Not that they’re in any way treated in any way different.”

“I can’t but feel that was perhaps a large part of Daniel’s decision-making,” Horner added. “I could understand if it was to Ferrari
or Mercedes. But it’s an enormous risk at his stage in his career.”

Red Bull was prepared to meet all of Ricciardo’s contract demands, said Horner. “It’s been a bit like trying to convince a girl to go out with you, that’s being pretty reticent.”

“Daniel’s had conversations with Dietrich [Mateschitz, Red Bull owner], with Helmut [Marko, motorsport director], with myself. And we’ve bent over backwards to make it happen.

“But if someone’s heart’s not really in it. And it just felt like that. In the end of the day we gave Daniel everything that he wanted and asked for and it still wasn’t enough I think in his mind to say ‘I want to keep going at Red Bull’.
The Power of Dreams!