2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Bill wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 08:33
The same Horner said they were going to build team around Max.
Could you give me a link where I can read Horner said that? Thanks.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

https://www.grandprix247.com/2017/12/29 ... round-max/ if you dont like the facts dont pretend you don know

djos

Bill wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 09:27
https://www.grandprix247.com/2017/12/29 ... round-max/ if you dont like the facts dont pretend you don know
That was well after Daniel left the team!
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Bill wrote:
Thank you for the link. I never read this F1 site. In October 2017 I was focused on Honda and Toro Rosso for 2018 and Alonso,
and not on Horner and Max. That started later in 2019 when they also drove with the Honda PU.

I could only found this:
Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner says that Max Verstappen should stay on at the squad and make it his own.

“I think he can see the strength and depth of the team,” Horner told Motorsport.com. “He feels comfortable in the team.
He’s the youngest grand prix winner, he’s the youngest double winner, he’s the youngest points scorer.

"And Lewis is pretty set at Mercedes, Seb has signed for three years at Ferrari. The obvious thing is to build a team around you.
But it’s down to us to provide him with a competitive car.”
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 09:57
Bill wrote:
That was well after Daniel left the team!
thats not true Horner already said that even when ric was still in the team he alluded to that. in Baku they crashed but redbull didnt blame Max even when at fault deepdown he saw the written on the wall

djos

It’s much closer between Yuki and Daniel than the trolls here would have you believe, just look at the data like Tommy has.

"In downforce we trust"

Bill
Bill

its not close over a quali lap.the midfield is pretty evenly matched to 0.1 to 0.2 depending on track so if u start p15 its hard to make ground.can ric outqualify an aston a merc.he did that in mexico , yuki does it regularly that's were the difference is.

djos

Bill wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 12:07
its not close over a quali lap.the midfield is pretty evenly matched to 0.1 to 0.2 depending on track so if u start p15 its hard to make ground.can ric outqualify an aston a merc.he did that in mexico , yuki does it regularly that's were the difference is.
The gaps between most other team mates are bigger. Eg Checo was 3.5/10ths slower than Max, Charles was 3/10ths slower than Carlos, etc etc in Australian qualifying.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 11:17
It’s much closer between Yuki and Daniel than the trolls here would have you believe, just look at the data like Tommy has.
---------------------
"It’s much closer between Yuki and Daniel than the trolls here would have you believe," according to
a huge blind subjective Ricciardo fan.

How about my post in replay to your: "Oh dear, Wouter caught making sh!t up again! #-o"??

My post in which I showed you that you once again falsely accused me!! But hé, than you don't respond that you were wrong
and instead you start talking about Trolls again! =D>

I've told you before that it's okay to be a huge fan of Ricciardo, but don't expect others to be the same.
Every person has their own preferences which you could respects them but you don't.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

checo is always 0.3 to 0.6 tenth to Max nothing new there it will get worst with upgrades.charles and sainz both made mistakes they should be on pole.

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:

Thanks for that. Very well presented with solid facts and reasoning. It's certainly alot closer than many think.

NAPI10
NAPI10

runningmanz wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 14:33
djos wrote:

Thanks for that. Very well presented with solid facts and reasoning. It's certainly alot closer than many think.
Yuki is not Max or Alonso to say 'Closer' is enough for Ric to be considered for a competitive seat (with any top team).
Just 3 races to make any call but pressure is mounting on Ric.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

New floor to come in Suzuka, hopes to bring better downforce stability.

Wouter

MELBOURNE
the Australian grand prix might be over, but @redbullracing Formula 1 drivers Max Verstappen and Checo Perez aren't done with racing just yet. They met up with @VisaCashAppRB racing team's Yuki Tsunoda and Daniel Ricciardo on Melbourne's Hampton beach to find out who would make the best beach lifeguards. Molly Picklum and Scotty James set them challenges using the surf life saver Can-Am Commander off road vehicles across the sandy beach racetrack, but only one team could win the (Un)Serious race 🏁
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

djos wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 12:29
Wouter wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 12:22
djos wrote:
---------------------
"It’s much closer between Yuki and Daniel than the trolls here would have you believe," according to
a huge blind subjective Ricciardo fan.

How about my post in replay to your: "Oh dear, Wouter caught making sh!t up again! #-o"??

My post in which I showed you that you once again falsely accused me!! But hé, than you don't respond that you were wrong
and instead you start talking about Trolls again! =D>

I've told you before that it's okay to be a huge fan of Ricciardo, but don't expect others to be the same.
Every person has their own preferences which you could respects them but you don't.
Maybe I should use the term hater, seems more accurate.

All you do is bash bash bash Daniel. It’s tiresome!!!
It all started when the pro Ric/Lawson crowd from down under started belittling Tsunoda. Many here are tired of the euro-ausie-commentary against Yuki that his "ceiling" is low, he's not an elite driver, he's only there because of Honda. Guess who sounds like the Trolls/haters? We come to this forum expecting objective analysis and we get comments like Liam should be Max's teammate before Yuki, despite not having a single complete season on his CV, potentially placing Liam on a path similar to Albon's or Kvyat's (though you never know, even Sainz may come full circle back to RB).

After the recent Australia quali and how Ric was "skeptical" of the VCARB performance, and with the team opting to replace his PU, it reminded me of how he walked from Red Bull due to his fear/uncertainty of Honda. After all, he won all his races in Renault PUs. It probably is that Ricciardo hasn't yet come to grips with the Honda PU, similar to how Perez struggled to adapt to the Honda after coming from Mercedes power.
Red Bull's Sergio Perez has said that getting to grips with the Honda power unit and its driveability proved to be one of the biggest headaches of his season as he adjusted to life with the team. Perez was snapped up by Red Bull to join as teammate to Max Verstappen, having spent every season since 2013 driving cars powered by Mercedes. While Perez had a somewhat mixed year in terms of results, it was only the end of the season where the veteran started showing some consistent form. Reflecting on his year, Perez picked out the engine as being a particular struggle to get used to, due to the very different way it delivers its power. "Even as a driver, you underestimate these things until you live them, and experience them," he told media, including RacingNews365.com . "But driving a different power unit, it's a completely different task. "Like driving a completely different philosophy of car with the high rake versus lower rake... it's a completely different task and the way you approach things are just extremely different. "You have to learn new techniques. Basically, what I used to do, nothing really worked."

Perez believes that if newly-crowned World Champion Verstappen swapped away from Honda power and into a Mercedes-powered car, he'd have the same difficulty in initial adjustment. "So it would be the same, for example, if Max went to Mercedes – they are very different. They produce very similar lap times, but the way they get the lap time is extremely different," he explained. As for where he feels he's losing out to Verstappen, he says there's no specific area of weakness. "Every circuit is different; there are some circuits where I'm more competitive than others, so it's very much down to circuit-specific rather than certain corners," he said. With Perez getting that adjustment season out of the way, he is on a much more level playing field alongside Verstappen for 2022, as F1 goes through a huge regulation reset. As a result, he's confident that this season will be a much more competitive showing on his side. "We already have a baseline that we can work from and improve that one, so that makes a huge difference," he said. "I already know the people, I already know what is what and how to get the most out of every single individual around me, so that's a very different picture."