2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
AMG.Tzan

Re: 2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Silent Storm wrote:
16 May 2024, 15:36
AMG.Tzan wrote:
16 May 2024, 15:19
There’s no point in keeping Martin although the results suggest otherwise…

He’s the classic 1-2 times champion wonder who wins the championship and then disappears! Something like Mir-Quatararo…! Classic big mouth always talking of how great he is and how much he deserves that seat…

Marquez on the other hand needed about 1-2 races to already start battling “the best” guys on their own developed bikes with an older spec bike too! Not only is his GP23 one year old, it doesn’t even have the late 2023 developments like the fork wings, front wheel lower wings, bigger ground effect tunnels and the better ride height device!

Where’s the only place Marc loses out? Acceleration! If he gets the new rear ride height device at least he’ll instantly gain in acceleration…
Wow... Didn't know Marc was on launch spec 2023 bike. That actually explains the loss in acceleration. I was wondering if GP24 is that much better or maybe riding style differences but this clears it up.
Yeah that’s the reality!

All the GP23s are on launch spec! They’re basically Zarco’s 2023 bike! Gigi at the start of the season said that this is because the late 2023 spec is quite complicated to setup! But I don’t buy it…late 2023 spec probably is much closer to the 2024 bike…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Farnborough
Farnborough

Agree with the MM sentiment.

If Ducati have MM in the palm of their hand, already riding their bikes, tbat should be their primary focus in retaining him within their team.

Martin hasn't proven anything yet, in terms of winning the championship.

I feel MM has a real chance of taking the championships this year, his pace and application lacking nothing now some level of familiarisation has been completed.

Undoubtedly MM is the biggest draw in the championship, having him on your bike is of immense value in marketing.

They'd have to fight against him, Ducati that is, if they let him slip through their fingers.

A KTM developed by Dani Pedrosa, sponsored by Red Bull and ridden by MM would make a potent championship combination.

CHT
CHT

Farnborough wrote:
16 May 2024, 17:43

If Ducati have MM in the palm of their hand, already riding their bikes, tbat should be their primary focus in retaining him within their team.

I feel MM has a real chance of taking the championships this year, his pace and application lacking nothing now some level of familiarisation has been completed.

Undoubtedly MM is the biggest draw in the championship, having him on your bike is of immense value in marketing.

They'd have to fight against him, Ducati that is, if they let him slip through their fingers.

A KTM developed by Dani Pedrosa, sponsored by Red Bull and ridden by MM would make a potent championship combination.
I think that is why this season will be very exciting. I am sure many are hoping to see if MM could take the championship with 23 bike.

cheeRS
cheeRS

Farnborough wrote:

Now that's an exciting thought... 2013 all over again.
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

Dunlay
Dunlay

CHT wrote:
17 May 2024, 01:37
Farnborough wrote:

I think that is why this season will be very exciting. I am sure many are hoping to see if MM could take the championship with 23 bike.
It would be humiliation of the field if he could win the championship on 23 bike. He is definitely capable of it and that's the exciting part. The way he is upto speed within 5 races is amazing. Another 15 races is a long season and if the 23 bike can hold the current pace difference to 24 ducatis, then it's definitely possible. Not sure if anyone has observed, but the factory Ducati has a few HP more in their engine/software compared to Pramac 24 bike. That bike opens a small difference on the straights.

Tyres hold the key and whichever bike/rider manages the tyres better, gains late race pace. Pecco didn't have anything left as he was pushed by Martin throughout the race and that aided Marc to come attacking in the end, who managed his tyres well.

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:

He’s the classic 1-2 times champion wonder who wins the championship and then disappears! Something like Mir-Quatararo…! Classic big mouth always talking of how great he is and how much he deserves that seat…

Marquez on the other hand needed about 1-2 races to already start battling “the best” guys on their own developed bikes with an older spec bike too! Not only is his GP23 one year old, it doesn’t even have the late 2023 developments like the fork wings, front wheel lower wings, bigger ground effect tunnels and the better ride height device!

Where’s the only place Marc loses out? Acceleration! If he gets the new rear ride height device at least he’ll instantly gain in acceleration…
Any reason to start this absurd Martin-Marquez debate? Ducati has 4 riders with GP24 bike, and Martin is leading them all, so if you´re willing to see Marquez with a 24 bike, I could understand if you defend Peco as the current champion, but... what about Bastianini and Morbidelli?

What´s the reason to state the rider who is leading the championship does not deserve that bike, while there are two more riders with same bike who are not performing at same level than Martin?

Absurd debate, Marquez obviously deserves a GP24, but there are not only one, but two seats a lot more appropiatte for Marquez, and Ducati

AMG.Tzan

Andres125sx wrote:
17 May 2024, 08:32
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Any reason to start this absurd Martin-Marquez debate? Ducati has 4 riders with GP24 bike, and Martin is leading them all, so if you´re willing to see Marquez with a 24 bike, I could understand if you defend Peco as the current champion, but... what about Bastianini and Morbidelli?

What´s the reason to state the rider who is leading the championship does not deserve that bike, while there are two more riders with same bike who are not performing at same level than Martin?

Absurd debate, Marquez obviously deserves a GP24, but there are not only one, but two seats a lot more appropiatte for Marquez, and Ducati
I don’t know where you got that “Martin doesn’t deserve the seat”

Martin surely does deserve the seat! But there’s a debate all over the internet on who will get the red factory seat and in my opinion for the reasons I stated above, Marquez is the better candidate of the two!

Farnborough
Farnborough

For my interest, there's no singular rider allegiance, just watching a rider really push it out and bring that pace to the bike/race that's spectacular.

MM bike was slower than MV Aprillia on the straight, but watching MM out of that last corner after passing MV was execution in perfection, dramatically fast from apex into traction and bodyweight manipulation of tire contact patch, this to take him metres out of reach from the Aprillia as it got into its stride.

MM pass on Giantonnio, squeezing it to level going up start straight, running next to the other into who blinks first through the right hander, that was G with MM still squeezing torque into the chassis, eventually to spin the rear just a little into yaw while squeezing the front laterally, almost a micro "highside" as the classis came back in line just before braking into the next turn =D>

Then to arrive at front two, having dragged his tires from 13th still to have grip and skill to spook the others. That's what I want to see in racing.

Acosta too, his stance coming out of last corner, body really far inside bike centre to keep rear traction at maximum, then bringing his bodyweight over across the bike to control radius of path without steering, then fully to opposite side in straightening out while pushing maximum torque through rear =D>

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 May 2024, 08:59
Andres125sx wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Martin surely does deserve the seat! But there’s a debate all over the internet on who will get the red factory seat and in my opinion for the reasons I stated above, Marquez is the better candidate of the two!
Probably Marquez deserve that red seat the most, but I think all parts would be happier if that red seat is for Martin, and Martin seat for Marquez.

This way both of them will improve, Marquez even more than Martin, and current leader will not be ignored, as promoting to the factory seat another rider who has not provided a single victory to Ducati yet, would be almost an insult to Martin

AMG.Tzan

Andres125sx wrote:
18 May 2024, 11:55
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Probably Marquez deserve that red seat the most, but I think all parts would be happier if that red seat is for Martin, and Martin seat for Marquez.

This way both of them will improve, Marquez even more than Martin, and current leader will not be ignored, as promoting to the factory seat another rider who has not provided a single victory to Ducati yet, would be almost an insult to Martin
Yeah I think this is what’s going to happen in the end!

Martin—> Ducati Lenovo
Marquez—> Pramac Ducati
Bastianini—> Aprilia

Question is: Will Pramac stay with Ducati or will they go with Yamaha?
Then Marquez stays with Gresini on a GP25 (staying with Gresini will be better in terms of familiarity for him I believe)

ptmonkey
ptmonkey

Right now Marquez seems that he’s capable of dominating the world championship. Putting him on a pramac to have them be world champions is something ducati will not do lightly.

Yuven
Yuven

ptmonkey wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:54
Right now Marquez seems that he’s capable of dominating the world championship. Putting him on a pramac to have them be world champions is something ducati will not do lightly.
Marquez stared to be on track to win the championship. However, sending him on a Pramac to secure a title is a risky decision for Ducati, given the business results.

Chuckjr

That sprint race was fantastic. So many guys throwing it away in the lead. It was amazing to see.

I can’t believe Bag threw it away on the last lap. That guy has thrown away a lot of races while in the lead, and I’ve only been watching MotoGP for a couple years now. The reaction from the Ducati pit was priceless. They were disgusted. Totally done with the guy. Bag can’t seem to hold the pressure. He cracks. I think he’s lucky he took the championship last year from all his needless mistakes. Great to see Esp take the win. Poetic since he just announced retirement. Reminds me of when G. Berger’s dad died and he went out an took the win. Anyway, great win. And of course the great Mar takes second in a bike that didn’t deserve it. Well done. The guy is amazing. Aco is a future world champion. No question.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

AMG.Tzan wrote:

<>

Martin to stay at Pramac, while Marquez getting the 2nd factory Ducati seat makes the most sense. They absolutely both deserve the latest year bike.

I already thought it was kind of absurd and disrespectful that they'd give Marquez a year old Ducati in the first place in a lower team.

etusch

I also think that Martin deserve ducati factory seat more than everybody else. He is the fastest man over there with a ducati. It look like he also learned to take it easy when you are not that good. If they want to give MM lastest spec, they can find a way. But If have to choose someone else to supply lastest spec, I would choose bezzechi before MM. If still there is seat then MM.
Last year one year old bike was looking better but this year lastest spec looks better. So gp23 is worse than gp24 and gp22. We don't know what will happen next year.