All kinds of news about F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

JordanMugen wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 13:48
Mogster wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:18
I don’t understand why the 2022 regs didn’t mandate a shorter wheelbase.
They did. The first time a maximum wheelbase rule was introduced.

It is ironic that people complain about the wheelbases when that is the only dimension that was still free until 2021 (maximum width rule since 1973, maximum height rule since 1977).

Teams were merely chasing maximum performance as they are entitled to do, since that is the whole objective.
Of course the fact that F1 keeps going to circuits that are wider than ever doesn't help. If the races were still held predominantly on older style circuits, I suspect the cars would not have reached the same length as a Humvee (guessing, don't actually know the respective lengths).

JordanMugen

PapayaFan481 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 14:12
Of course the fact that F1 keeps going to circuits that are wider than ever doesn't help. If the races were still held predominantly on older style circuits, I suspect the cars would not have reached the same length as a Humvee (guessing, don't actually know the respective lengths).
Nah, long wheelbase (& more floor area) is faster even in Monaco.

I'm not sure why the thinking was so different 30 years even to the extent of using transverse gearboxes on the Ferrari V12, but the trend in the last 15 years is that if you have a longer car with more floor you go faster.

organic

Crofty not going to 3 GPs

cplchanb
cplchanb

They shouldve brought back James Allen for those 3 races

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Doesn't surprise me, I suspect we'll see most broadcasters doing likewise as staff will want time off during the busiest season yet.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

cplchanb wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 17:04
They shouldve brought back James Allen for those 3 races
Nah, get Danica to do it....

(Joking)

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

in view of some in F1 currently being so conspicuous in the news .....

can the bozos who refer to one rules-limited F1 car part by calling it the vanity panel ......

henceforth call it by the correct name ? which is .... MODESTY PANEL

stephen

Australia to host 2025 season opener. What do you think about the 2025 F1 calendar?

Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver

Zynerji

3 races in the US is a bit much... I would love to see one traded for one of the classic euro tracks that are missing...

tinuva

Any other site confirming this?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-big ... e_vignette

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Wouter

tinuva wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 10:50
Any other site confirming this?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-big ... e_vignette

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
No other site is confirming this. They all quote the two sites above who came with the rumour.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Haas driver Nico Hülkenberg is scheduled to drive for Audi in 2026. 🚨
So one of the two places would be taken, reports Sport1.

↪️ Audi is said to offer Hülkenberg a 3-year contract, there is no official statement yet.
Hülkenberg decision made!

https://www.sport1.de/news/motorsport/f ... g-gefallen

The future Audi team in Formula 1 is now doing its thing. Nico Rosberg believes in a good decision.

April 24, 2024 • 1:33 p.m
The big shift in the Formula 1 transfer market is gradually taking shape. According to information from SPORT1,
one of two places in the future Audi team is now occupied! Audi and the German Nico Hülkenberg (36)
agree to go together from 2025. The only thing missing is the signature.

Those involved are still officially silent, but a statement could be released by the end of May.
Hülkenberg smiled to SPORT1: “I don’t take part in speculation.”

Seidl still has to wait for his second dream pilot. The Spaniard Carlos Sainz is still hesitant. He has to decide by mid-May,
then Audi wants to talk to other drivers, for example with the French Pierre Gasly and Esteban Ocon.
Both of their contracts with Alpine are expiring and both are toying with a change.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

And it is confirmed!! Congratulaions Nico! 🎉

The Power of Dreams!

stephen

Do you see Newey joining Aston Martin?

Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver

wogx

U.S. Congress members demand answers on Andretti's exclusion from Formula 1
Former F1 world champion Mario Andretti held a press conference outside the U.S. Capitol with Michigan Rep. John James to make their case for admitting Andretti Cadillac on the grid.

WASHINGTON — Twelve members of the U.S. Congress sent a letter to Formula 1 owner Liberty Media on Wednesday demanding answers for why it is excluding Andretti Global from the sport, giving the American team powerful new allies in its bid to enter F1.

The bipartisan group of lawmakers said they have “concerns with the apparent anti-competitive actions that could prevent two American companies, Andretti Global and General Motors (GM), from producing and competing in Formula 1.”

They invoked the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890 and sought answers for the rationale for rejecting the team, including whether it is designed to unfairly protect the European teams from competition in the U.S., where the fan base has grown dramatically.

[...]

James accused the F1 owners of engaging in “cartel-like behavior.”

[...]

“We hope that we can resolve this to do business together for our mutual benefit, but particularly for America,” he said. “But if not, we will have our questions answered. Because we have an obligation to protect the American consumer, to protect American companies, and that is our first allegiance. And those who are seeking to take advantage will be held accountable.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/sports/us-congr ... rcna150189
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.