2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Rubbish.

makecry
makecry

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
04 May 2024, 23:11
Rikrikrik wrote:
04 May 2024, 22:47
The Aston Martin's Downgrades is working . Incredible.
Don't think so is all about the car. I really feel that these tyres can't support the 2024 F1 cars.Last year they made a tyre update, but since then the cars 1.5s faster. I mean look at Q3 everybody was driving the car like driving on ice,even Verstappen. I also don't know what happened between Q3 first run and 2nd run because everybody was half sec slower however this should be the opposite.
What does that have to do with the car being slow RELATIVE to competition.

This is like a bad student who fails and blames exam being difficult. You are at the bottom relative to your class, that’s a stupid argument . Same thing here. It’s irrelevant, tires apply to all

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

-wkst- wrote:
04 May 2024, 08:02
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:32
SSJ4 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:25
i mean he was 3 tenths slower than his Q2 time. only thing i can say as a kind of excuse is that was his first run on the softs all weekend.
Is just because the soft tyre. Is pretty fast overheting compare to harders amd actually you loosing time .
And I thought top3 is for sure.
Yeah ,you had right, but I still think is not (just) car problem.

zoroastar
zoroastar

SchuMassa wrote:
04 May 2024, 22:34
Horrific pace. Also, Alonso is consistently slower than Stroll in S2 and S3. That's really poor.
they have no traction in sector 3. alonso was probably trying to save tires for the last sector where they dropped off massively. obviously didnt work. may should have just tried the mediums haha this track sucks

Jambier

Bad weekend … let’s try something with the safety car tomorrow there is nothing more to do

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Jambier wrote:
04 May 2024, 23:40
Bad weekend … let’s try something with the safety car tomorrow there is nothing more to do
I think nothing will to work. Alonso last year 17.2 this year 18.4 . And this year car was much faster at every qualification than the 23 car but us not just Aston the Redbull also slower than last year,much slower... Alonso last year 17.2 now could be enough fir the pole position. I would say,really worth spend so much money for the low quality Asphalt.

xReVo
xReVo

This team needs Newey and I even read people saying they didn't want him😂😂. Everything is turning out as expected

sport777
sport777

xReVo wrote:
05 May 2024, 00:11
This team needs Newey and I even read people saying they didn't want him😂😂. Everything is turning out as expected
Newey is not Spanish, why?

KimiRai
KimiRai

Important to keep calm before immediately dooming...

makecry
makecry

KimiRai wrote:
05 May 2024, 00:22
Important to keep calm before immediately dooming...

All speculation. We will see tomorrow

SSJ4
SSJ4

Feel like qualy today was indicative of how good the car is looking after it’s tires if you look at the final qualy position for the most part

Red bull are the best
Ferrari second
McLaren 3rd

zoroastar
zoroastar

xReVo wrote:
they offered him a contract worth around 100 million dollars, and probably giving him whatever he wanted to do with their hypercar project. id hate to see what theyd pay someone that they did want. newey probably has other priorities than "top cash offers" at this point. ive heard that he may have some misgivings about working in a team run by lawrence stroll, and the possibility of stroll using a newey signing to boost up market share and then selling off shares of the team. he also likes to have say in the drivers picked. besides alonso, he may have a problem with the lance stroll situation. regardless, we still have to wait to see what newey does. i bet that hed like to work with alonso to get him another WDC, but that and money arent the only factors obviously.

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
05 May 2024, 01:13
xReVo wrote:
they offered him a contract worth around 100 million dollars, and probably giving him whatever he wanted to do with their hypercar project. id hate to see what theyd pay someone that they did want. newey probably has other priorities than "top cash offers" at this point. ive heard that he may have some misgivings about working in a team run by lawrence stroll, and the possibility of stroll using a newey signing to boost up market share and then selling off shares of the team. he also likes to have say in the drivers picked. besides alonso, he may have a problem with the lance stroll situation. regardless, we still have to wait to see what newey does. i bet that hed like to work with alonso to get him another WDC, but that and money arent the only factors obviously.
Lol

peewon

This sport has become an absolute joke. The 2 penalties worth 6 points for Alonso compared to absolutely no action for Russell divebombing Piastri in Japan and Hamilton today shows clearly who has influence over the FIA. Never even in the F(errari )IA days did I see such inconsistent stewarding. Its probably also why youre seeing journalists dig up quotes from 20 years ago to go after Sulayem. Probably doesnt play ball with them.

KimiRai
KimiRai

peewon wrote:
05 May 2024, 03:32
This sport has become an absolute joke. The 2 penalties worth 6 points for Alonso compared to absolutely no action for Russell divebombing Piastri in Japan and Hamilton today shows clearly who has influence over the FIA. Never even in the F(errari )IA days did I see such inconsistent stewarding. Its probably also why youre seeing journalists dig up quotes from 20 years ago to go after Sulayem. Probably doesnt play ball with them.
Yes I've had the exact same thought about Sulayem and the constant press attacks against him. Coincidentally, he supports Fernando :lol:

It is funny that (admittedly some of it could be self inflicted) Alonso's had issues with stewards/FIA for the entirety of his career while others were saved by cranes to avoid DNFs among other things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , no wonder he keeps having this almost paranoid feeling about being mistreated.

It begs the question just out of curiosity: had Alonso been born in Britain could he have had more than two world championships, even with the same career moves? In my opinion it is possible, and I do not have any ill feelings against Britain at all. Let's not forget championship runs such as 2007 were decided with the smallest of differences like penalty outcomes such as Hungary. And to think that one is still only the tip of the iceberg of bull**** penalties over the years. Racefans in fact made an article on this.

https://www.racefans.net/2024/04/17/why ... penalties/