Have We Seen the End of Days For Quali???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: Have We Seen the End of Days For Quali???

WhiteBlue wrote:Qualli is fine now. Stop the attempts to fix what is not broken. Just lean back and enjoy the show. At least that is my pov.
I agree WB. This is what you get when wholesale changes in reg’s have multiple benefits or liabilities for others. Red Bull have great race pace because they can run fresher tyres throughout. If "The Scuds" could gain the quali pace in order to use the same amount of rubber as RB, and even make the second row they would be in the pound seats, as I think their real race pace is equivalent to RB especially in duration. McLaren are capable of the same thing, although I think they are a little harder on their tyres. But as long as Ferrari and McLaren have to fight each other to the bitter end in quali (with McLaren having the advantage) it plays into Red Bulls hand.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

alberto222mx

Re: Have We Seen the End of Days For Quali???

After what we've saw with Heidfeld and previously Webber in China, I think that some team could make an alternative strategy and maybe only pass the Q1 (try to don't getting stuck behind a HRT :)) and then save all the tires for the race. What do you think guys?

In China it wasn´t that impressive because Webber drives a RB7. But yesterday Heidfeld with the 4th o 5th fastest car, in a circuit where is difficult to overtake show how important the tires are, even more important than qualifying.

I think maybe Mercedes with Schumacher (by now he has nothing to lose) could try this... maybe no in Monaco but in Canada.
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970