A way to make Q3 more exciting?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
alelanza

Re: A way to make Q3 more exciting?

In my opinion Alonso's Spain lap is the exception to the rule, so i wouldn't use a single data point as basis for my approach to this.
My position however is not related to cost saving, simply to the fact that as I stated earlier on, given the RB/Vettel qualy dominance no matter what you do with the format, it will always be boring, so it's up to the other ones to catch up. I think their ability to switch the tyres on for one lap is part of why they qualy so good, so giving them even more freedom in that aspect should in my view extend their advantage.
Alejandro L.

doink

All this discussion to one side; if the price we pay for incredibly exiting races is a little less interesting Q3 sessions, then it's not a bad price to pay. And probably the best way to spice up Q3 is for the other teams is to stop tipping resource down the drain trying to develop flexi wings and EBDs and use that money to invest in cloning Adrian Newey.

Caito

Monaco should be more interesting, since the grid position has a greater importance. It might be worth doing more than 1 fast lap
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Fil

I'm amazed at the level of conversation over a minor post by a new forum member, when not one media identity, team member, or driver has even muttered about Q3 needing a fix this season.

The closest I've found is Brundle speaking of Red Bull's arrogance at not feeling compelled to set a time at the very end of Q3 (a reflection on their dominance, not the quali structure itself).
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

doink

Q3 today was really enjoyable!

I'm confused what you mean by your statement, Fil?