Dear Felipe Massa

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Massa: Keep/Kick?

Sack him
38%
Keep him
26%
Swap him for a Sauber driver
36%

Total votes: 39

Tozza Mazza

Dear Felipe Massa

Dear Felipe,
It has come to my recent attention that your performance as of late is verging on unacceptable. 5 years ago, you were the golden boy, the succesor to the big boss, but now, you're just a joke. Week in, week out, you get destroyed by your colleauges. I think, that in the best interests of the team, and your personal dignity, it's time to call it a day/rejoin Sauber.
Best wishes, Steffy Dogg.

SiLo

Re: Dear Felipe Massa

Kobayashi!
Felipe Baby!

Steven
Owner

I personally believe that Felipe is doing a much better job than last year. I wouldn't find a replacement just yet, but for sure I could name a few who might be a better pick for Ferrari.

HampusA

Massa is to inconsistent. his car must be in absolute perfect shape for him to fight for wins or even a podium.
If it's not then he's a middlemarker or has simply crashed his car.

Don't get me started on when the asphalt is wet.
Nope i think the time has come for Massa.

Kubica would be my nr1 choice. Can't wait to see him back up there like BMW 08.
I think Perez would be an interesting prodigy apart from the obvoius Vettel or Hamilton.
He's really starting to shine in F1 and i expect great things from him.
a quality driver.
The truth will come out...

Tozza Mazza

Tomba wrote:I personally believe that Felipe is doing a much better job than last year. I wouldn't find a replacement just yet, but for sure I could name a few who might be a better pick for Ferrari.
Maybe, although thats not saying much. I'd say the opposite though. Didn't Massa lead the standings after Malaysia last year. This season seems a continuation of dismal form IMO.

ESPImperium

Bianchi. The only credible replacement for him, however i think that Ferrari are looking at replacements, i just dont think they see amy replacement on the grid.

They could go for Buemi or Alguersauri from STR , whitch would mean Riccardo would get his chance. They could go for Perez or Kobiyashai, but i think they dont want them just yet as they dont have the broad experience they may need at a team such as Ferrari. As for others, Sutil and Liuzzi i think could be the only other credible replacements, that would be easy enough to get a hold of. Sutil as i think they would like a feisty racer with experience and also a racer that could be bought from his seat (Like Fisi in 2009). As for Liuzzi, they could buy that seat from Hispania easily and give them Bianchi or another FDA, but think theyd want to put Bianchi in the seat, or Hispania would want to get another avalable driver in that seat. Another driver that could be bought for the rest of the season id recon would be Glock, however im not sure again wou would replace him at Virgin, im sure that there would be someone avalable.

So, the short-ish list is this for me:

Perez
Kobiyashai
Alguersauri
Buemi
Liuzzi
Sutil
Bianchi
Glock

Massa is showing that he isnt worth a Ferrari now, and indeed is both stuck in Brazil 08 and Hungary 09. Massa needs to admit defeat now and take a slide down the grid, or try and salvage something in Endurance racing now.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Tozza Mazza wrote:Dear Felipe,
It has come to my recent attention that your performance as of late is verging on unacceptable. 5 years ago, you were the golden boy, the succesor to the big boss, but now, you're just a joke. Week in, week out, you get destroyed by your colleauges. I think, that in the best interests of the team, and your personal dignity, it's time to call it a day/rejoin Sauber.
And which F1 team do you drive for?

He is doing a good job but look at what is on the other side of the garage. He has no chance but deserves and is capable of better.

I would like to see him in a Red Bull.
Last edited by andrew on 30 May 2011, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Sebp

How about Luca Badoer? :mrgreen:

andartop

Kobayashi, Perez, Rosberg, Hulkenberg, Petrov, Heidfeld, DiResta, Kovalainen...

Can't say whether it's the tires, the car, KERS, DRS, Alonso, post-traumatic stress, voodoo, the financial crisis in Greece or the Armageddon approaching in October, but Massa seems to be "uncomfortable" (to put it this way) in Ferrari. Didn't expect him to be fighting for poles or victories with this car (yet), but the biggest problem is he always seems to be going backwards in the races, without even putting up a decent fight!

I do not believe a driver of his calibre can just "lose it". I think a move to another team like Sauber, Renault, Williams would be beneficial for him. Sauber seems the best option.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Tozza Mazza

andrew wrote:
Tozza Mazza wrote:Dear Felipe,
And which F1 team do you drive for?

He is doing a good job but look at what is on the other side of the garage. He has no chance but deserves and is capable of better.

I would like to see him in a Red Bull.
It's only pointless bashing if people pointlessly bash. I see none of that.

i70q7m7ghw

Ah yes, Massa, the almost champion. In my opinion there are a few drivers on the grid who are more deserving of that second Ferrari seat...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlJWwuV9eBw[/youtube]

DaveKillens

Ever since his accident in Hungary, I have wondered how Massa would do, and kept an eye on him. Obviously, he hasn't set the world on fire, and at times appears uninspired. But he is very competent, a dedicated team player, and only one of a few who know how to drive a Formula One Ferrari. Does anyone remember Ferrari's dilemna when they tried different drivers to replace Massa and not one managed to display comfortable confidence and competence in the car?

He's not that bad.

But then again, is he the right fit in Ferrari at this moment? It appears, like a comfortable shoe. The WCC is pretty much out of reach for Ferrari, and the only realistic goal for them is to get Alonso the WDC.

Massa has proven beyond any doubt that he is a team player and support whatever direction Ferrari wants him to go. Deep down inside he may have misgivings, but he will do what they say.

Massa is a pretty darn good support driver, he is very capable of getting in maximum laps per session in order to generate data, and he can run experimental parts before they fit them on the car that cannot fail, Alonso's.

Maybe next year things will be different, but that's not here and now, and hey, he did qualify 6th at Monaco.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

zeph

He hasn't really sparkled after his accident, but he's doing a good no.2 job.

I would not sack him. Not yet, anyway.

Belatti

The only reason I would not zack him may be economical. In a top F1 team you may have 1, 2 or even 3 bad races but 20 in a row is too much...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Jeffsvilleusa

Ferrari seem to have some sort of personal obligation to Massa- perhaps Nicholas Todt, his manager has something to do with this- but imagine, they had Kimi Raikonnen and an injured Massa, and they chose to fire Raikonnen to hire Alonso! Sure, they would have been viewed as heartless to let Massa go at that point, but it seems to me they have been bending over backwards for Massa for a long time!

If I'm not mistaken, Ferrari have given their word Massa will be there next year. In F1 that may not mean all that much, but it seems to be dragging on and on. I guess they figure as long as they have Alonso they've got their shot for a title.
Box! Box!