Petrov/Perez penalty

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Italy88

Re: Petrov/Perez penalty

andrew
you are right,in fact ,I repeat, mine comment was only a provocation
thanks for your opinion
La migliore Ferrari che sia mai stata costruita è la prossima

lebesset

I spoke to petrov face to face the day he signed his F1 contract
he is about the same size as DC , around 6ft , but built like a wrestler ...at least he was then
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Callum

What a stupid thing to say. Unless you can see through people's skulls and see that they do not have internal bleeding then going on the side of caution is fine!

beelsebob

Callum wrote:What a stupid thing to say. Unless you can see through people's skulls and see that they do not have internal bleeding then going on the side of caution is fine!
The bigger issue is a broken back. If a bone there gets broken, then the driver can be fine initially, but if moved, the spinal cord severed and the driver paralysed/killed.

Pierce89

Italy88 wrote:andrew
you are right,in fact ,I repeat, mine comment was only a provocation
thanks for your opinion
quite the provocation it seems. It is kinda trollish slagging a driver for not leaving the vehicle, when he couldn't feel his legs.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bot6

Add to that the fact that unless the car is on fire, staying in is much safer. If you step out of the car and another driver comes up and hits you, it's a hell of a lot worse than if he hits your car while you're still in it.

alberto222mx

Italy88 wrote:Hi, it may seem provocative but I think that nowadays after a (little) crash,drivers use to stay in the cockpit not for injuries but for ''their care''.
For example, doing the calculations,Perez's deceleration was not so high (the same of a 50km/h crash with a normal car, but with hans, helmet,and 5 point belt,and an 'athlet's body) and Petrov says that he stayed in the car because hi ''he could not feel his legs'' that is due to the fear, not to and injury!
Remenber the big crash of the past, driver, if not injured, used to jump out the car. Driver are now too''pampered'', so they can stop a qualify or a race olny because they have experience with the Ps3 or Xbox, not with the actual race's situations.
This situation is showed also by the fia penalty to race accidents like the hamilton-massa one. If there are not ''drivers of the past'' like alonso, hamilton exc. we will look at races without overtakes!

What is your opinion?
I don't know if you are joking, but if this is serious your post is simply nonsense. After all deaths in motorsport not only in F1, the first thing always should be SAFETY.
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970

DaveKillens

As science advances more and more each year, we learn what works, and what doesn't. The science of driver safety is a long and difficult road, usually involving tragedy or death. Racing is a harsh and cruel mistress, and occasionally she does take her victims.

I suggest the originator of this thread do a little research on some driver deaths that have spurred advances we now take for granted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Peterson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireball_Roberts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGq-fLNz7YA

If any of this disturbs you, then good. Driver safety is not an abstract concept that applies to carton characters. These are real human beings, very fragile, and vunerable to damage.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Pandamasque

Note, at 0:03 something falls into Petrov's cockpit :shock:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX5Qxaix ... r_embedded[/youtube]

Dragonfly

Italy88 wrote:Hi, it may seem provocative but I think that nowadays after a (little) crash,drivers use to stay in the cockpit not for injuries but for ''their care''.
For example, doing the calculations,Perez's deceleration was not so high (the same of a 50km/h crash with a normal car, but with hans, helmet,and 5 point belt,and an 'athlet's body) and Petrov says that he stayed in the car because hi ''he could not feel his legs'' that is due to the fear, not to and injury!
Remenber the big crash of the past, driver, if not injured, used to jump out the car. Driver are now too''pampered'', so they can stop a qualify or a race olny because they have experience with the Ps3 or Xbox, not with the actual race's situations.
This situation is showed also by the fia penalty to race accidents like the hamilton-massa one. If there are not ''drivers of the past'' like alonso, hamilton exc. we will look at races without overtakes!

What is your opinion?
You must be playing too much virtual reality computer games. Sorry, but this is a very bad opinion of yours.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Sebp

Pandamasque wrote:Note, at 0:03 something falls into Petrov's cockpit :shock:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX5Qxaix ... r_embedded[/youtube]
That looks like someone's visor.

Paul

Could it have been a piece of Sutil's rim?

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

It looks as though it may come from Petrov's car. Maybe the front left of the front wing.

I think a slow-mo of this would help. Does anyone have the technology to produce this using the above clip?