How soon can Vettel win 2011 WDC?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: How soon can Vettel win 2011 WDC?

ringo wrote:He wont win ....

Just checking; are you still hanging on to your earlier statement Ringo?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

ringo wrote:He wont win ....

I still believe!!!

vettel is going down!!
He crashes twice and 2 engine failures. 8)
For Sure!!

HampusA

About the same as Hamilton then?
The truth will come out...

WhiteBlue

I assume that Webber is out of the race. As we have seen in Silverstone a man to man fight will not be allowed by Horner if it leads to the risk of collisions and point loss. So if I extrapolate this graph I would say Vettel will open the gap by another 18-20 points by Singapore at least which will be enough with only 100 points for grabs by then. That would be my pessimistic view. Optimistically he could do it in Monza, if the race throws up some unusual results, but I'm not betting on that.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

WB you're missing a race out. There is 150 to play for in Monza; and 125 in Singapore. Here's a thread I have devoted to that: viewtopic.php?p=275494&f=1
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

I'm talking after the Singapore result is in. By then it is just four races.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

Suzuka, Korea, India, Abu Dhabi, Brazil. Five.

Vettel cannot take it in Monza even if he wins and the other 4 people DNF. Earliest he can hypothetically do it is in Singapore; with Suzuka being the most likely race.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

Oops, you are right. I got Brazil missing in my graph.

marcush.
marcush.

it´s not about how soon he can win ,but what has to go wrong to avoid it happening already in singapore..
When Domenicaly speaks with great respect about REDBUllRacing as an organisation it tells something.
RBT alread gearing up for KERS supply to Team lotus next year starting recruiting people -7 positions advertised...
I wonder how much they are asking for that service from Fernandes...sure a fair bit more than the 1mill€ which was the Marelli price tag not long ago?

raymondu999

Actually not a lot has to go wrong for Vettel to not win in Singapore. If he wants to win in Singapore he has to outscore:

Webber by 34 points (17 points average)
Alonso by 24 points (12 points average)
Button by 16 points (8 points average)
Hamilton by 13 points (6.5 points average)

Hamilton and Button are in danger of getting knocked out; MAYBE Alonso has a far shot of getting knocked out, but it'll take some beating to knock Webber out by Singapore.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

God forbid, but what if vettel brake a leg in the next race.

How will the battle look to get those points. Something tells me he'll still win with the others taking points out each other.

Let's look on that scenario. Team orders at Mclaren. Webber under pressure to win the other 6 races to save Vettel?
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Webber and the two Toro Rosso drivers could just torpedo Alonso and the McLarens every race I guess :P

And what happened to your earlier comment of "I still believe he won't win?" :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

When it comes to sports you can't count you chickens before they hatch.
It looks like the championship is over, but it aint over till Haug sings.
For Sure!!

CHT
CHT

ringo wrote:When it comes to sports you can't count you chickens before they hatch.
It looks like the championship is over, but it aint over till Haug sings.
Like in any sports, if the gap between the leader and the rest of the pack has became so wide there is really hardly anything the latter group could do but to hope for freak accidents that forces Vettel out of the remain race or Vettel/RBR being disqualified due to drugs, cheating or stealing competitors secrets.

CHT
CHT

1 more down, 6 more to go.

Vettel could just seal the WDC in Singapore.

1 Sebastian Vettel 284
2 Fernando Alonso 172
3 Jenson Button 167
4 Mark Webber 167
5 Lewis Hamilton 158