[Rumor] Schumacher about to extend contract to 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marcush.

Re: [Rumor] Schumacher about to extend contract to 2014

come on ...you could not light up a cigarette in public today even as a non celebrity..
Maybe Schumacher is controversial,but that´s surely a media thing more than anything else.Life under the microscope something Fangio surely did not experience ,he did not earn the same amoun t of money as well,so fair enough.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

You can't compare Schumacher to Fangio for one simple fact - they are from different eras.

Any comparision between drivers of different eras is complete BS and a fools errand.

est1984

AWESOME! I LOVE THIS UNDERRATED SCHUMACHER, HIS FERRARI DAYS CAN NEVER BE TARNISHED!

LionKing

Pierce89 wrote:
Jeffsvilleusa wrote:You can draw the ironic comparison with Lance Armstrong- both 7x winners, both made lackluster comebacks. David Hobbs remarked, 'I wouldn't have done it.'

But he came back, suffered being beat by Nico, and if he wants to stick it out, more power to him! I don't think any young driver is being neglected for having Michael in the sport, even if he seems to be a shadow of his former self, he still seems feisty as ever, and if Fangio could win at 'advanced ages' why not Michael?

Personally I don't think his comeback was wise, but if he's willing to stick it out F1 is the better for it.
It's disgraceful to compare the Schoser to Fangio. Fangio was a true old school racer. You know, lighting up a fag coming to the checkers, real man. Schumacher does not deserve a comparison to a driver that was so respected by his peers.
Have you ever watched Fangio when you were young?

Jeffsvilleusa

I don't mean to say who is better, or who is on who's level, but that the current unwritten age limit for F1 drivers may be a fallacy. Old school drivers were... older, but they motivated and inspired succeeding generations of drivers to emulate their success, and the line of reasoning can be drawn, "if they won in their 40's, why can't I?"
Box! Box!

HampusA

I think Schumacher shut up some critics today. It was a spectacular drive from him in the wet which we all know turns the table in terms of car vs driver.

Not bad for an old man..
The truth will come out...

alvinkhorfire

As Norbert Haug pointed out, Schumacher was the fastest man in the field on intermediates. Too bad that as the track is drying up, the Mercedes was inferior to Red Bull and McLaren in slicks. Otherwise, Schumi would have secured his first ever comeback podium. Sigh. :cry:

Schumi still retains most of his superior racing skill, but he badly needs a much faster Mercedes to maximize its potential.

HampusA

He never lost any of his racing skills. It´s been the car all along.
And now he´s ahead of Nico in the championship.
(same points but still)

Apart from rain, starts it also a good way to showcase driving skills or racecraft.

Here you can see a pretty good start aswell as what a dog of a car he had last year.
Constant oversteer not being able to put the power down.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAkOgx84Q7k[/youtube]

This one is pretty good aswell, good reflexes there.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mcBPMUC ... re=related[/youtube]
The truth will come out...