Challengers concede f1 title

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Challengers concede f1 title

First it was Alonso now Hamilton.
‘We can’t beat the Red Bull. They would need to fall off the track for me to beat them. There was over a second per lap difference today. That is just ridiculous.

‘We’re not giving up. I’m just being realistic.’
full article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... ettel.html

Lets face it guys, it's over...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Traction

Re: Challengers concede f1 title

in the Canadian GP Button won the race and it was in some quarters that people were saying he "beat " SV but in fact he only won because of a slip at teh end byVettel but none the less he set blistering times and was right up there doing enough to challenge Vettel in pace so why now the defeatest attitude from the camp. i can`t understand what has changed in the drivers or the cars that they were so far off teh pace this week. A couple of races ago even LH was all over SV and nearly won but since then.... :?: ...Even in pre race interviews LH said he would be happy just to finish the race... :!: :?
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

marcush.

Alonso beat Webber ,so it´s not RBR unbeatable it´s seb who is on a roll.
The most important thing is that both drivers of RBR do finsh allr aces this year which is a big difference to what we saw in recent years.
I had hoped KERS would give them more trouble but as it looks they now get slowly a bit better with their judgement and can use kers now more often.
The technical hickups this year are concentrated on Webbers car as well (last year just the opposite)

beret

Yes, It's over now until Vettel meets an accident like Kubica (I know I'll get brickbats for this). The crux of the matter is RB7 is two steps ahead of its rivals, and Horner & co. is having better strategiests than the Scarlet and the Silver.
Aerodynamics for people who dont build powerful engines.-->ENZO FERRARI

i70q7m7ghw

marcush. wrote:Alonso beat Webber ,so it´s not RBR unbeatable it´s seb who is on a roll.
The most important thing is that both drivers of RBR do finsh allr aces this year which is a big difference to what we saw in recent years.
I had hoped KERS would give them more trouble but as it looks they now get slowly a bit better with their judgement and can use kers now more often.
The technical hickups this year are concentrated on Webbers car as well (last year just the opposite)
That would indicate that Webber is clearly not getting the maximum potential out of the car, he SHOULD be unbeatable, just as Seb is, no reason not to be.

Traction

Diesel wrote:
marcush. wrote:Alonso beat Webber ,so it´s not RBR unbeatable it´s seb who is on a roll.
That would indicate that Webber is clearly not getting the maximum potential out of the car, he SHOULD be unbeatable, just as Seb is, no reason not to be.

or....he`s just not as good as Vettel.... :idea:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

First off, the Daily Mail is not a good source. They'll no doubt blame the possible lack of a British champion on Albanian illegal immigrants, the Greek economy and German bean sprouts. All under the banner of "Damn Foreigners” of course. However, as this has been reported in several reputable sources I guess it is on the level.

To be honest, this is pure BS aimed at luring Red Bull into resting on their laurels. There is still a lot of racing to be had so writing off the season at this early stage is completely stupid. No one knows what tomorrow will bring.

i70q7m7ghw

Traction wrote:
Diesel wrote:

or....he`s just not as good as Vettel.... :idea:
Explain his 2010 performance then? Where has that gone this year? Same place as Schumachers big joy?

Clearly you'll disagree with anything I say that suggests Vettel is anything other than a Formula 1 driving god. :roll:

Ciro Pabón

Same thing happens to Hamilton when compared with Button. 12 points at this stage proves that... what does it prove? I don't know.
Ciro

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Ciro Pabón wrote:... what does it prove? I don't know.
Nowt, nada, zilch, nothing, hee haw.

Traction

@Diesel...No I will agree if its valid but lets look at Webbers 2010 ....3rd? A good spell where he collected good points but he still ended 3 rd...where did SV end? Lets look at overal career stats....160 odd races and only single digit wins...he's up there with the greats like Barrichello...Patrese... Massa.... Berger...Alesi.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sebastian Vettel

i70q7m7ghw

Your right, what was I thinking!? Vettel is clearly the greatest racing driver ever to have lived!

Traction

Diesel wrote:Your right, what was I thinking!? Vettel is clearly the greatest racing driver ever to have lived!
:lol: no...not yet...but hes certainly better than Webber :lol:
Sebastian Vettel

i70q7m7ghw

I agree Vettel is a better driver than Webber, but not quite as much as this years results suggest.

donskar

andrew wrote:First off, the Daily Mail is not a good source. They'll no doubt blame the possible lack of a British champion on Albanian illegal immigrants, the Greek economy and German bean sprouts. All under the banner of "Damn Foreigners” of course. However, as this has been reported in several reputable sources I guess it is on the level.

To be honest, this is pure BS aimed at luring Red Bull into resting on their laurels. There is still a lot of racing to be had so writing off the season at this early stage is completely stupid. No one knows what tomorrow will bring.
Could be, but I think it is the McL drivers trying to get a little more out of their technical team.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill