BBC / Sky Sports

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
enkidu
enkidu

Re: BBC / Sky Sports

To conclude this thread, I believe not one single F1 fan here in the UK thinks this is right, yet there are only 20 thousand that signed the petition.

This is bad for the teams and sponsors yet the teams have done nothing.

This is bad for the viewer which can't afford Sky TV.

Bend over Britain is what I say, I'm left totally gutted because I can't afford Sky sports or Sky TV and F1 is my only sport I watch and enjoy.

Richard
Richard

A timely news story about the dangers of Sky's dominance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14585925

Must keep remembering "this is fantastic news for F1 fans". Sky said so, it must be true.

Deany_t
Deany_t

enkidu wrote:To conclude this thread, I believe not one single F1 fan here in the UK thinks this is right, yet there are only 20 thousand that signed the petition.

This is bad for the teams and sponsors yet the teams have done nothing.

This is bad for the viewer which can't afford Sky TV.

Bend over Britain is what I say, I'm left totally gutted because I can't afford Sky sports or Sky TV and F1 is my only sport I watch and enjoy.
yeah im suprised about the only 20k sigs. need to get jake Humphrey to tweet the link or something :mrgreen:

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

I doubt he's going to that now...
http://www.itv.com/formula1/news/2011/8 ... deal-6475/

Basically, the BBC could have let it go to another channel, but decided to maintain their contract and 'sub-let' half the races to SKY.

wesley123
wesley123

I dont understand how Ecclestone got the figures that there will be more watching Sky now then on the BBC. the BBC is watched all over the world Sky is available in just a few selected countries, something tells me that, plus a 600$ bill that barely anyone can afford, that cannot be correct
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

enkidu
enkidu

You know I even tried to work out my finances to see what cut backs I could make so i could watch f1. Then i thought I dont always watch it at home, alot of the time im round friends/girlfriends house. They wont be getting skysports! Im so upset by this its unreal. Bye bye f1

Sawtooth-spike

Sorry to Drag this one back up.

Did anybody catch the bit at the end of Monza where all the fans on the other side of the fence where chanting "dont want sky" or something to that effect.

Made me smile. The movement is not dead, but i dont think we can win. But it does sound like the BBC will have to expain how blocking Channel 4 was in the publics best interest.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

raymondu999

Sorry, what's Channel 4? Would it be pay TV? Sorry, not in the UK
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Sawtooth-spike

Channel 4 is a free view channel (one of the classic terrestrial channels), it would of had to add advert breaks which is a downside. But it would be Free and in HD. Plus they did a good job of the Cricket.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

raymondu999

I was in Indonesia for business and watched F1 on their local channel there and I need to say that you do NOT want commercial breaks. I would much rather pay for an advert-free experience. It has (I kid you not) one commercial every 2 to 3 minutes; and each would last 40-60 seconds. Absolutely horrendous.

I can take the lack of HD; and the commentary is taking the audio feed off the Beeb so it's Brundle and DC commentating so that's ok. But I didn't see half the darn overtakes!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bjpower
bjpower

just logged on to sky.co.uk
I would have to pay £40 per month.
screw that