New Jersey Grand Prix track in 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

Re: New York Grand Prix track in 2013

How about a Manhattan gathering on Saturday night before the race, I have some ideas on where and when?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Pup
Pup

Maybe the when should wait until the race has a date? :wink:

Nando

Pup wrote:It certainly should be realistic, since the only permanent structure is actually a parking garage for the ferry.

I think is a good strategy, frankly. But I do wonder how the 'temporary garages' that the lower half of the grid get will work.

And given the layout, I also wonder if this race will be Monaco-without-the-passing. :wink:

I mean, I hope it isn't, but the only good passing spot seems to be the hairpin, and even it's been Tilkefied with a weird kink.

Here's a somewhat high-res plan - don't think it's been posted yet...

Damn i thought the layout was supposed to go the other direction...
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

xpensive

Pup wrote:Maybe the when should wait until the race has a date? :wink:
Perhaps so, but I wouldn't consider suggesting anything of the kind in Austin until they at least have a track.

FW17

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has cast doubt on whether the new Grand Prix of America in New Jersey will take place in 2013 as planned.

The event on public roads alongside the Hudson River overlooking New York City had been expected to join the calendar in June next year.

But Ecclestone told BBC Sport there was some doubt about whether the track would be ready in time.

"Maybe the New York race will be 2013," he said. "It's a when - 2013 or 2014."

It is the first time any doubts have been expressed about the much-anticipated event, which is the second new Formula 1 race scheduled to take place in the USA in the next 14 months.

astracrazy

is it me or does he always do this on new tracks?

xpensive

astracrazy wrote:is it me or does he always do this on new tracks?
I was thinking the same thing, he certainly did it with Austin.

WhiteBlue

You have to see the full picture here. In the same interview he also mentioned that two more European races will have to go to make place for Russia and New Jersey. It is all part of the usual posturing. With the 2013-2020 Concord more or less done and dusted Bernie is now returning to other ways of pushing the profit. He obviously wishes the teams to agree to more races like 22 per year. The threat against NJ or European races is the stick. The carrot obviously will be a greater revenue pot in which they will participate.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

astracrazy

WhiteBlue wrote:In the same interview he also mentioned that two more European races will have to go to make place for Russia and New Jersey
Why not drop Bahrain and save a European race. Bahrain race causes more trouble than its currently worth (excluding Bernie's back pocket). Sorry off topic slightly.

xpensive

astracrazy wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:In the same interview he also mentioned that two more European races will have to go to make place for Russia and New Jersey
Why not drop Bahrain and save a European race. Bahrain race causes more trouble than its currently worth (excluding Bernie's back pocket). Sorry off topic slightly.
I wonder if NJ is supposed to pay the same outrageous annual fee as the Asian races?

FW17

Hope they have to pay atleast what Austin is paying.

While we know to some extent about the financial backing at austin, NJ is yet to reveal anything.

Pup
Pup

Just Bernie being Bernie.

I hope.

xpensive

WilliamsF1 wrote:Hope they have to pay atleast what Austin is paying.

While we know to some extent about the financial backing at austin, NJ is yet to reveal anything.
New York should be an almost ideal marketing spot for MrE, plenty of money there!

FW17

xpensive wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Hope they have to pay atleast what Austin is paying.

New York should be an almost ideal marketing spot for MrE, plenty of money there!
So you are one of those who think it will be profitable :lol: :lol:

astracrazy

only person that makes money is MrE