New Jersey Grand Prix track in 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pup
Pup

Re: New Jersey Grand Prix track in 2013

I believe everything Bernie says.

This doesn't look good though...
Grand Prix of America organisers have suffered a blow after the company's president, Tom Cotter, announced that he is to resign from his post.

Cotter was only appointed to the role in January. After leaving his position at the end of this month his duties will be taken over by Dennis Robinson, the event's chief operations engineer, and Richard Goldschmidt, the special assistant to race promoter Leo Hindery Jr.
Gotta love his quote...
"I have full faith in the Grand Prix of America team and look forward to sitting in the grandstands at a world-class race in 2013."
Probably in Austin.

"I have full faith that the remaining crew can keep this ship afloat. See you on shore."

Among the accomplishments of his brief tenure, this lovely logo...

Surely in the wake of Austin's impending success, they can make this thing work. Yes?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101876

aero expert 807

After all the news stories about Austin not happening, I am not listening to anything bernie says. :wink:
He is just trying to get a little more money out of them.

Will the US support 2 f1 races? only time will tell!

FW17

Ecclestone was quoted by the Guardian as saying New Jersey organisers "have not complied with the terms and conditions of the contract which is now gone anyway. They don't have a contract."
But although the 2013 calendar is set to be finalised at an FIA World Motor Sport Council meeting on Friday, Ecclestone said there was still hope for New Jersey.
"We are pretty close to the final deadline," he said. "We have got a world council meeting coming up.
"I think if somebody got behind them it could happen in 2013 because they have come a long way with the circuit."

WhiteBlue

This sounds as if they have not payed Bernie yet and they do not have the money to do so.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ChipAyten

I don't like the circuit design anyway, too many right turns - it feels like Singapore. If they could somehow come up with a great layout within the 5 boroughs (yes I understand the obstacles with this I'm from NYC) I'd be more on board.

FW17

ChipAyten wrote:I don't like the circuit design anyway, too many right turns - it feels like Singapore. If they could somehow come up with a great layout within the 5 boroughs (yes I understand the obstacles with this I'm from NYC) I'd be more on board.
What?

If the race happens it will be the best street circuit layout with just 10 turns and more elevation change than spa.

Nando

WilliamsF1 wrote:
ChipAyten wrote:I don't like the circuit design anyway, too many right turns - it feels like Singapore. If they could somehow come up with a great layout within the 5 boroughs (yes I understand the obstacles with this I'm from NYC) I'd be more on board.
What?

If the race happens it will be the best street circuit layout with just 10 turns and more elevation change than spa.
New Jersey will have 100 meters of elevation changes?
COTA will have 40 meters of elevation change but you say New Jersey will be a roller coaster in NY?
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

FW17

Pic from the pit straight. The buildings on top of the cliff is on JFK blv.

Nando

New Jersey will have a 150 feet elevation change.
That´s 45m of elevation change. Less then half of SPA.
The Hudson is banked on New Jersey by this massive rock formation — up past the George Washington Bridge, it forms a sheer cliff of exposed rock looking down on the river. Down at the track, it accounts for 150 feet of elevation change. Elevation change, traditionally, is what makes a track great and it has been seriously lacking from Formula One circuits built in the past fifteen years.
http://jalopnik.com/5910877/the-complet ... grand-prix
Slightly more then COTA but it seems over a much larger distance so not anywhere near the angles.
Still nice though.

Edit: typo.
Last edited by Nando on 26 Sep 2012, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Nando

Can´t find any elevation numbers on Monaco but it seems it´s 50m. 5m more then New Jersey.

strad

Doesn't matter...ain't gonna happen..Bernie says so. Image
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Nando

strad wrote:Doesn't matter...ain't gonna happen..Bernie says so.
Bernie should then update his own official calendar and let us know what race will take it´s place.

Trailer23

Mexico

Nando

The Cartel will sponsor the event with free cocaine for everyone?

Let´s just wait and see. COTA had almost an identical situation happening and we are going there this year.

strad

Laughing mate...Just today there wasd another release saying they hadn't fulfilled the comtract...it's al;l a joke and a squeeze of somekind to be sure. :wink:
I certainly hope it happens
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss