Red Bull extends Renault engine deal for another five years

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
HampusA

Re: Red Bull extends Renault engine deal for another five ye

Think Mclaren Mercedes.
The truth will come out...

raymondu999

I was JUST ABOUT TO SAY THAT!! How dare you post that before me :P

Well, pre-2010 McLaren Mercedes anyways
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HampusA

Haha ;)
Yea i wonder what the relationship is now when Mercedes has enormous pressure of just staying relevant in F1. It doesn´t exaclty help to supply engines to a straight competitor.

My guess is before 2013, the Merc board has had enough, the results haven´t come and they have built two dogs of a car.
Maybe next year things will look different.

munudeges

It's Mercedes's loss really. They can spend the next few years producing an engine that should should still really be the class of the field under homologation and not winning anything.

Red Bull and Newey must have had a good look at Renault's turbo plans to commit as long as they have, and as X has said they will likely be the number 1 Renault factory team with a lot of input which Ferrari and the Mercedes teams obviously won't be a part of. Newey will probably poach some of Renault's staff and infrastructure when the inevitable happens as well, being the switched on operator he is.

If I was in another team the prospect of Red Bull getting a decent powerplant in their chassis where they'll make sure Renault aren't going to get caught out by homologation again would fill me with dread.

HampusA

I don´t agree with the whole Factory team.
Why would they become Renault´s factory team when you have your own independent team that has accomplished so much in such a short time and is on their way to get two more titles.

More like Renault will be kissing RBR´s butt and praying every night RBR will continue to be with them.
Had RBR gotten the chance to run Merc engines (which it was talk about until Schumacher openly said that Mercedes should think very carefully about who they are supplying engines for) they would have taken it and never looked at Renault again.

The reason they run Renault engines is because they have no choice.
Ferrari i can garantuee you won´t supply engines to a straight competitor.
Mercedes won´t do it either.
Renault is the only viable option for RBR if they want a good engine.

Lorenzo_Bandini

I don't think Newey want a Ferrari engine, even for free...

xpensive

HampusA wrote:I don´t agree with the whole Factory team.
If you bothered to read some of the previous posts, perhaps you would?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.

Mercedes is supplying engines to mcl and they were prepared to supply Red Bull.
The point is Renault fits Neweys bill in terms of consumption and cooling demands as well as endurance .Stability in suppliers is also something not to be underestimated.

HampusA

xpensive wrote:
HampusA wrote:I don´t agree with the whole Factory team.
If you bothered to read some of the previous posts, perhaps you would?
Yea i read your "hunches".. I need more then that though.

I believe Renault will supply engines to Red Bull like they do now, just that the partnership has gotten much stronger now.
Renault we already know will leave the sport and be a engine supplier instead.

Why would a succesful team like Red Bull that makes billions by having RED BULL written all over 2 cars go "hmm.. maybe we should become a Renault team instead..."

I can´t see the logic in that. My guess is things will be exactly the same as today. Red Bull has a partnership with Renault that will remind us of Mclaren Mercedes.

You are free to prove me wrong though but i need more then a few hunches..

n_anirudh

WilliamsF1 wrote:So that is 4 teams with engines for 2014

Red Bull - Renault
Ferrari - Ferrari
Mclaren - Mercedes
Mercedes - Mercedes
well is any F1 team going with PURE engines. Now that they have Simon Giles? Not sure I understand what you mean by 4 teams with engines...

Renault would supply group Lotus Renault.??

n_anirudh

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:I don't think Newey want a Ferrari engine, even for free...
Ferrari would never supply a team with equal engine as theirs, Mclaren would veto supply to RBR if they decided to take on Mercedes. so they have either Cosworth or PURE.

RBR/STR have not been on the Cosworths V8 engines to evaluate them...and are happy with Renault

HampusA

n_anirudh wrote:
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:I don't think Newey want a Ferrari engine, even for free...
Ferrari would never supply a team with equal engine as theirs, Mclaren would veto supply to RBR if they decided to take on Mercedes. so they have either Cosworth or PURE.

RBR/STR have not been on the Cosworths V8 engines to evaluate them...and are happy with Renault
Come again? Mclaren would veto supply to RBR?

STR runs with Renault engines?

raymondu999

According to an Article from Autosport magazine of today;
Autosport wrote:AUTOSPORT understands that the engine supply deal is now free. Red Bull will also spearhead the development of the new-for-2014 1.6-litre V6 engines, meaning that chief technical officer Adrian Newey will have a major influence in the packaging of the engine.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

n_anirudh

HampusA wrote:
n_anirudh wrote:

Come again? Mclaren would veto supply to RBR?

STR runs with Renault engines?
Sorry my bad...it was a rumour that Mclaren vetoed Merc giving engines to RBR
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11008282813 ... ngine-deal

again, I wasnt very clear, it should have read "RBR/STR have not been on the Cosworths V8 engines to evaluate them.
..and RBR are happy with Renault"

n_anirudh

So RBR now becomes the primary team for the factory/design office that supplies engines?