Vettel just shy of Grand Slam, Hamilton beats penalty record

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123

Re: Vettel just shy of Grand Slam, Hamilton beats penalty re

Traction wrote: :lol:

And that from the mouth of a 'fan' who only likes Vettel because he is currently winning...

What do you even know about me?...your assumption only highlights your ignorance.
I base that on that because you pretty much fail to reason why. Oh Vettel is so great because he wins, it is just the way you talk, accept it or not.
Vettel is a cut above the rest of any of the current drivers on the track at the moment.(Except maybe Alonso). He is more dedicated, intelligent, faster and extracts more out of a car than any person knows how to.That and his team are the reasons why he is winning From the second he got into an F1 driver everyone knew exactly where he was going to end up and those predictions where based on his performances in well below average car.
Sure with his funny comments, the way he walks and talks he sure seems the guy to do all the hard work :roll: It is more likely that Webber is doing all his hard work in the simulator for him so he can drive first into the first corner and win the race. And how you know that Vettel extracts more out of the car than any other driver? It is just pure rubbish, he is in fact underperforming in this dominant car, he should have won every race in this dominant car, and he fails to do that. Anyone in Vettels current position can win the WDC with this, just because oif the car, nothing great of Vettel in it, only the car.
To say that a driver can win races without the support of his team is just plain illogical and you know what I think of opinions that are based on such logic....
The same as I think of your well placed opinions... No but seriously, Webber has been pretty much the second driver since last year, yet he won a few times since then. And yes I am wrong with the fact that without driver support you cxan still win races, for example look at Webber. Vettel is nothing more then spoiled by Red Bull by getting all the resources aimed at him and everything within the team is done for him, then he drives an utterly dominant car, in which he even achieves to lose in, in that way I must even say his season is quite disappointing. He lost 5 times if I'm correct, he should ave won them all in his car.

Apart from that, wow driving from 17th to 5th, great, then Buemi and Alguersuari must be superheroes too, they do pretty much the same every race, nothing special abot that. And if so, why dont Red bull trade Webber in for one of those 2 drivers?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

raymondu999

Come on now Wesley. None of us knows what goes on behind the scenes. You might feel Webber does more of the work, you might feel Vettel does more of the work; whatever. You don't know which is the true picture.

And you keep saying he's a spoilt brat at RBR. How do you know that? I'm not saying he is, I'm not saying he isn't, but post-Silverstone there is absolutely no proof of that
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mnmracer

wesley123 wrote:Anyone in Vettels current position can win the WDC with this, just because oif the car, nothing great of Vettel in it, only the car.
=D> =D> =D>
Bravo sir, bravo!
A very convincing bit of trolling indeed...

Or are you actually so stupid you dare say that when Webber's going to have to fight hard for even p2. No amount of 'Red Bull gives Webber a slower car' paranoia can back up your claim to anyone not belonging in a mental institution.

raymondu999

Welcome again to F1T mnmracer :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wesley123

raymondu999 wrote:Come on now Wesley. None of us knows what goes on behind the scenes. You might feel Webber does more of the work, you might feel Vettel does more of the work; whatever. You don't know which is the true picture.

And you keep saying he's a spoilt brat at RBR. How do you know that? I'm not saying he is, I'm not saying he isn't, but post-Silverstone there is absolutely no proof of that
I do not know that, fair enough. But the way he talks and such. For example, Vettel is always joking, making fun while Webber is being much more serious, Webber just seems to work harder, and with that I am in the opinion that Vettel and mainly Red Bull are taking Webber a bit for granted. Not saying Vettel is lazy or bad, I am just saying Webber works harder and most of the field would do the same in Vettels position. Sure this is not a fact, but based on what I see Webber seems to be doing all the work while Vettel is promoting the Red Bull brand, throwing in a bit of conspiracy in here, but with Vettel promoting Red Bull, of course he is the one who has to win. Although not proven(and in what way even provable), Red Bull is favouring Vettel.

And apart of that, do we really know how good Vettel and Webber are, sure this is a bit of bs thinking, but it might as well be possible the RBR is 1.5 sec faster then the rest of the field, but their drivers arent any good. Like I said, this is a bit of bs thinking, my point is we are all praising Vettel for how good he is and such, but he is driving in a dominant car and has yet to be challenged by a really good teammate.

mnmracer

wesley123 wrote:I do not know that, fair enough. But the way he talks and such. For example, Vettel is always joking, making fun while Webber is being much more serious, Webber just seems to work harder, and with that I am in the opinion that Vettel and mainly Red Bull are taking Webber a bit for granted. Not saying Vettel is lazy or bad, I am just saying Webber works harder and most of the field would do the same in Vettels position. Sure this is not a fact, but based on what I see Webber seems to be doing all the work while Vettel is promoting the Red Bull brand, throwing in a bit of conspiracy in here, but with Vettel promoting Red Bull, of course he is the one who has to win. Although not proven(and in what way even provable), Red Bull is favouring Vettel.
Does Webber walk across the circuit on thursday every single race? Did Webber visit Pirelli prior to the season?
Adrian Newey wrote:The very special thing with Sebastian is how mature he is at this age. I’ve seen so often that when drivers suddenly rise from obscurity to incredible stardom and fame that it goes to their head. They lose ground and their head gets a bit too big. Sebastian is remarkably level headed. He is a very private man and isn’t into the fame at all. He thinks a lot about what he does and rarely makes the same mistake twice. And he is very hard working. He is always in the paddock in the evening, speaking with his engineers, going through the data and reflecting on what he did in the car. I think that’s one thing all great drivers have in common.
--------------------------------------------------------
wesley123 wrote:And apart of that, do we really know how good Vettel and Webber are, sure this is a bit of bs thinking, but it might as well be possible the RBR is 1.5 sec faster then the rest of the field, but their drivers arent any good. Like I said, this is a bit of bs thinking, my point is we are all praising Vettel for how good he is and such, but he is driving in a dominant car and has yet to be challenged by a really good teammate.
Do we really know how good any driver is, if we simply assume the car is 1.5 second faster? The double standards you're grasping for are so far out, it just becomes kind of silly.

raymondu999

Wesley's correct actually. The rbr could be 1.5s faster. But it could also be 1.5s slower. Paul Hembery has also gone on record in the past to say that in 2011, amongst the drivers, Vettel has been the one who has worked the most with Pirelli; with great attention to detail as well. Paul also said there is only one who came close in terms of diligence; a slightly older German champion
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mnmracer

raymondu999 wrote:Wesley's correct actually. The rbr could be 1.5s faster. But it could also be 1.5s slower.
That's what I say, it could be said of each car, but Wesley and his wonderful double standard only applies it to Vettel (not even to RB, only Vettel).

JohnsonsEvilTwin

There is a hint that Red Bull are favouring Vettel.

I say a Hint as last year Webber was far more racey relative to Vettel than this year. We know the saga of the front wing debacle in silverstone last year only adds fuel to this fire.

Given the pairs strained relationship, perhaps Red Bull decided to make it more clear cut so that they wouldnt cross each others paths like they did last year.

Im only floating the boat out there, but I would assume Vettel to be around 0.3 seconds quicker than Webbo in most circumstances.
It hasnt panned out that way this year, and Im scratching my head as to why.
More could have been done.
David Purley

wesley123

mnmracer wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Wesley's correct actually. The rbr could be 1.5s faster. But it could also be 1.5s slower.
That's what I say, it could be said of each car, but Wesley and his wonderful double standard only applies it to Vettel (not even to RB, only Vettel).
well I can hardly talk about anyone else in this topic huh?

mnmracer

wesley123 wrote:
mnmracer wrote:
well I can hardly talk about anyone else in this topic huh?
But it's a completely pointless thing to say without the context of the rest of the field. You're saying he's not as good as everyone thinks. Good is relative, so if you're saying he's not as good because the car is 1.5s faster, than you need the context of the other cars being faster or slower as well. You're just calling out random blurbs of insanity in order to smear a driver.

Traction

on a lighter note...If you looking for reasons why SB is doing well then look no further than this link.... :lol:

http://www.fengshuithatworks.co.uk/Chin ... ettel.html
Last edited by Traction on 07 Oct 2011, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

raymondu999

Traction - you realise it's not SB, but SV?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

raymondu999 wrote:Traction - you realise it's not SB, but SV?
SeBastian... :lol: :wink:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

raymondu999

Everyone goes by initials in F1. SB is taken by Buemi
失败者找理由,成功者找方法