Lewis Topics get Locked

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Lewis Topics get Locked

raymondu999 wrote:Can we lock this one up before certain *cough* individuals come upon it?
You already arrived. But I will stay out of this one. I have enough warnings already. Banned for two weeks already too. I wont become the next ISLAMATRON.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Shrieker

I find what happens between racers on the track very technical. If I have an arguement about it, I try to put it forward in a rational way, on a rational basis. But that doesn't prevent some from labeling it "bs, nonesense, drivel, etc". I think that tends to happen when they can't create an 'against' arguement against the 'for' arguement; almost always ends up with childish vitriol and a locked thread.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-AtatΓΌrk

PlatinumZealot

No incident with the Boss is technical. It's only nonsensical and frothing at the mouth kind of madness.

No Hamilton thread is technical, it's all a binary, hyperventilated mishmash of insults and denigrations.

The antithesis of F1-technical.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I think for any "fan" of a driver, it comes as a bit of a shock that their chosen driver is indeed mortal after all.
Criticism done correctly is actually constructive and offers a better perspective.

It's also true that across the Internet most sites suffer the same plight as F1technical. Hamilton threads breed alot of passion and it spills over to open warfare in the majority of cases. That's Internet forum for you....

It's almost as some see their chosen driver as an extension of themselves. And criticism therefore becomes personal. If driver threads were banished from this site, I reckon it would become a better place.
More could have been done.
David Purley

PlatinumZealot

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:I think for any "fan" of a driver, it comes as a bit of a shock that their chosen driver is indeed mortal after all.
What is it you are saying? Fans of a certain driver are too dumb to realize that all the drivers mortal human being?

This is a veiled insult.

You should be discussing the post and not the posters you know. It seems your criticisms were really aimed at the supporters of that driver more than the performance of the driver. That is why things get personal.

With that said. I think we should have punish any poster that starts any Hamilton threads for the remainder of the season. And also, apply the same punishment for bringing up Hamilton randomly in the race threads. It's just getting like planet-F1 and autosport forums.

ringo

I find what happens between racers on the track very technical. If I have an arguement about it, I try to put it forward in a rational way, on a rational basis.
Aint it the truth.

That's where the meat of the discussions should be. Regardless of who is involved.

@JET you are over analyzing, which is also the worst problem.
I think for any "fan" of a driver, it comes as a bit of a shock that their chosen driver is indeed mortal after all.
Those posts are the irrational part of the arguments. This "chosen driver", yadda yadda stuff is very tiring, and it's a figment of the imagination. It's not even technical. And mods need to put more energy towards these things.
Criticism done correctly is actually constructive and offers a better perspective.
This is also a silly loop hole for bashing. As these constructive criticsms only go one way, to one driver. More like constructive grudges.

It's almost as some see their chosen driver as an extension of themselves. And criticism therefore becomes personal.
Hamilton has 80% of the BBC camera. No?
The camera chooses the driver. And you hate that.
I find what happens between racers on the track very technical.
The real hardcore f1 fans choose this ^.

There is no cult or conspiracy. Most "fans" on this forum have been watching F1 from the 90s long before Hamilton.

The best solution to this problem, is to ban the word fanboy, ban psychological analysis of forum members. And ban silly slights that really have no contribution to the forum.

As bad as Hamilton Cult followers are; they are at least discussing the race events, rightly or deludedly. This is within the rules of the forum.

the other silly stuff that comes as a reaction, like fanboy this, chosen one that, is really not needed.

Simply counter a point with your own point. No need for this:
some from labeling it "bs, nonesense, drivel, etc". I think that tends to happen when they can't create an 'against' arguement against the 'for' arguement; almost always ends up with childish vitriol and a locked thread.
So create an against argument instead of the whining and baiting.
For Sure!!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Ringo,

You make my point for me. Thanks.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Aced

for example Aced, what you are sayings is funny in a sense that even without the people you are describing, you yourself fall into the same boat. your post has an agenda, which goes deeper than the topic.
Yes, of course. That's where the problem lies after all.

ringo

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Ringo,

You make my point for me. Thanks.
No you make mine, thanks! :wink:

You see where this is heading do you?
For Sure!!

strad

Image I have never seen a place where people get there noses out of joint so easily. Every topic,,No matter what, somebody gets insulted..And usually over nothing. Image
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

megz

Wont be long before we see the Whaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance again.

Giblet

Before I do anything I ask myself β€œWould an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

PlatinumZealot

LOL. All this over one driver. Not only here but across the whole internet. Is this a sign of legend or greatness or both? I think Hamilton has cemented himself as an F1 Legend already. Maybe I should make a topic about it :)?

red748

Maybe a thread of anagrams of his name would be more
exciting. Yes, sorry, I started this one......Please
LOCK IT !

PlatinumZealot

because of the incessant whinging that would ensue?