Congratulation Sebastian Vettel - 2011 FIA F1 Champion

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mnmracer

Re: Congratulation Sebastian Vettel - 2011 FIA F1 Champion

2010 Mario Andretti Trophy to Formula One Champ Vettel

PlatinumZealot

I remember that article.

So, what are you saying then? Why don't you let Vettel promote him own self? Is it that Vettel's on track prowess is not convincing enough that you have to show us he is the best?

hahhaahhaa..

You see that's what happens when you have the fastest car across the whole championship with no real competition. Nobody remembers anything. Even as we speak the only Vettel win I remember this year is Monaco.

As per 2010, mistakes accounted for, Vettel would have won that with a few races to spare if it weren't for reliability issues but yes the car was damn fast.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mr.S

mnmracer wrote:
Giblet wrote:
LionKing wrote:MnMRacer has a point when comparing Button's 2009 performance with Vettel this year. Barrichello seemed better than Button in the second half of that year, winning two races during that period.
I think Vettel's 2010 season was a little more on par with Jenson's 2009. The difference is that Button did everything he needed to in the beginning, while Vettel did everything he needed to in the last half of the season to win.

The key similarity to me is that both drivers ended up in a position where they _had_ to produce to win the title. Seb did it in the last race, Jenson did it the race before.

What makes a champion comes down to a moment of make or break, and both drivers did this.
Red Bull was the fastest car throughout the season in 2010. Brawn was the fastest car for the first half of the season in 2009. I don't think the seasons are comparable. Jenson's win was more impressive.

If you want to compare Vettel's 2010 title win to any season, i would say it would have to be 1997. He won the title with the fastest car, but he made very hard work of it.
Neither the Brawn nor the Williams fell apart whenever it felt like it. You may downplay it to being the car as much as you want, but ignoring that Vettel lost 63 net points due to reliability issues is just... well, ignorant.[/quote]

That is a very stupid thing to say IMO. There is no basis behind the 63 figure. Who is to say that Alonso would not have overtaken Seb specially in the wet in Korea in the last few laps.Just because someone led half or more of a race does not mean he is automatically guaranteed a race win.

Vettel had 3 retirements if I am not wrong. Australia,Korea & Turkey. Turkey when Seb crashed his car into Webber's. Korea was truly unfortunate. Australia he led only 25 laps so no-one can predict the outcome from that far even though Seb was favourite to win.

Sebastian genuinely lost only 25 points from that engine failure in Korea & some big chunk in Australia which could have been 25 or less.

You can also look at the fact that he lost almost 18 points in Turkey by crashing into Webber & another 15-18 possible points by crashing into Button in Spa. So he did loose more than 30 points by crashing alone. Then you have average races & bad starts like the one in Silvertone. He surely has improved this year.

raymondu999

Don't forget that in turkey qualifying he had unreliability too. He was some 6 tenths up on webber after sector 2 then the rear arb broke. The car just began squatting massively under braking in the last triple hairpin section
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet

Congratulations have been made.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute