Did Bernie lie?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ted68

Re: Did Bernie lie?

Bank rejects Bernie's offer of settlement. Time expires on offer. Where to next?

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... dailydrive
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

MOWOG

Like the OJ Simpson case, once the criminal trial is over, the civil suits begin.

I spent my entire legal career (such as it was) praying for a deep pocketed client like Bernie Ickystone. [-o<
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Kiril Varbanov

The opinion of the seasoned professionals on the case - http://www.thelawyer.com/analysis/opini ... 46.article

Andres125sx

Kiril Varbanov wrote:The opinion of the seasoned professionals on the case - http://www.thelawyer.com/analysis/opini ... 46.article
They explain it as a pragmatic solution to avoid full lenght trials

In my opinion anyone who is willing to pay for avoiding a trial, should be judged

CBeck113

And even worse, the "poor" won't be asked because their time isn't worth anything, versus the rich who could be making money elsewhere. It's a slightly hidden "Get out of jail free" card, only for a limited few.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

MOWOG

Now it can be revealed. Bernie did it for US! What a dear, sweet man he is. Huzzahs all around! :wtf:

AUGUST 21, 2014

Ecclestone settled case for good of F1 says lawyer

Bernie Ecclestone ended his bribery trial with a record $100 million payment for the good of formula one. That is the claim of the F1 supremo's lawyer Sven Thomas, who told Forbes he thinks the legal team did a "good job because the other guy got eight and a half years".

In contrast to the jailed Gerhard Gribkowsky, Ecclestone was able to pay the huge price for ending the trial that otherwise would have dragged on for months. "We have to keep in mind," Thomas told F1 business journalist Christian Sylt, "that formula one must go on and if it went on with this trial for the next five months then it would mean that problems in formula one could arise.

"So Bernie said 'Ok I do not intend to go on with this if I get a settlement without conviction and the presumption of innocence is still valid'. The rest of course was just a question of money and that was what Bernie had to decide. I think he really decided on this because he wants to go on with formula one," added Thomas.
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

seinfeld

I think what happened was disgusting. And proves Money makes anything go round! only in this reality can you be caught bribing someone. and your remedy to get out of jail is to essentially. Pay another bribe almost 3 times as much to get out of it!
now that he paid the bribe wait for Medion (I think thats who it was) huge civil case for loss of profits, and ownership etc. this will destroy Bernie . that is a billion dollar judgment waiting to happen, unless he bribes Medion to get them to drop it. Which will be FUNNY to see them take the settlement (bribe) to cease the civil case for essentially the bribe lol Humans man ROFL