Sky Sports F1 HD

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: Sky Sports F1 HD

Apparently based on screen tests and rehearsals - David Croft is gelling fantastically with Brundle.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

markc

It's certainly going to be interesting: Croft as Murray to Brundle's er... Brundle!

raymondu999

Both are absolutely witty guys - so I can't wait.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

markc

Bring. It. On.
(please!)

raymondu999

One who goes "And Kamui Kobayashi goes LEROY JENKINS!" and the other who goes "silver, white, yellow and red. I think we have to think of that as knife; bread; butter and jam in terms of hard; to soft."
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

markc

:mrgreen:
Thanks for reminding me! The knife - jam reference was very clever, and I remember well the conversation regarding why Leeroy Jenkins had me in tears!
Good times!

Little bit of a coup of Sky's to get their line up. (and a whole lot of money no doubt!)

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

GSBellew
GSBellew

I never thought I would say this, but I think this is going to be great =D>

No more having to take the laptop out to watch live timing :lol:

raymondu999

Is that something we can choose to see on our own end? Or is that a feature of THEIR own analysis gear? I always thought that was their own analysis gear rather than something they would let us see.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

GSBellew
GSBellew

raymondu999 wrote:Is that something we can choose to see on our own end? Or is that a feature of THEIR own analysis gear? I always thought that was their own analysis gear rather than something they would let us see.
I think that is what we will get on the red button. The streams are up as it is,
I cant see why they would be unless we are getting them =D>

Its also been updated a bit since, now its giving the option of pressing different buttons for different feeds.

raymondu999

unfortunately I don't live anywhere near the UK or thereabouts - and I never understand this "red Button" stuff except that it's some sort of supplementary channel for all your channels.

My travails with the TV only consist of changing normal channels, and the volume :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

hollowBallistix
hollowBallistix

It's worth the £10 HD subscription just for Georgie !!

Sawtooth-spike

i am playing £3.50 extra for my sky HD

still think its wrong, but I am an addict
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

timd
timd

Going to have to pay £22 a month until they sort out the virgin packages...

Im not happy but i have to have it. Its my only sport i care about :)

Hopefully it can be added to the HD only selection later as ~£10 is far more acceptable. Im fine with the fact that we pay for lots more content. Just that sky are pulling one over on virgin to try and steal customers and its the customers thats getting hurt.

Tozza Mazza

timd wrote:Going to have to pay £22 a month until they sort out the virgin packages...

Im not happy but i have to have it. Its my only sport i care about :)

Hopefully it can be added to the HD only selection later as ~£10 is far more acceptable. Im fine with the fact that we pay for lots more content. Just that sky are pulling one over on virgin to try and steal customers and its the customers thats getting hurt.
It's available to HD customers who don't have sky sports btw.