Pictures from Enstone factory

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1motta

Pictures from Enstone factory

I found that pictures on other racing forum and I think that is quite interesting material.

Source: http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/01/05/z-wizyta-w-enstone

Richard

Re: Pictures from Enstone factory

Thank you! The carbon lay up pics are fascinating.

I'm slightly surprised to see the open plan office divided into cubicles, I though that only happened on Dilbert cartoons.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Eye protection anyone?
More could have been done.
David Purley

axle

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Eye protection anyone?
It's not spinning in the shot - he might have removed the cover ;)
- Axle

Richard

If you follow the OP link you'll see that these machines are housed in a cabinet. The operator above has opened the cabinet to set up the next blank that is going to be machined. You can see the drill bit has moved to a park position in the top left of the picture.

I am surprised he isn't wearing gloves to clear away all that swarf.

mep

In general you never wear gloves when working with spinning machines but thats not the point here because they are fully closed.
The issue with gloves is they soak in with the cooling fluid and become unpleasant. The turning is usually blown away with pressurised air.

Raptor22

mep wrote:In general you never wear gloves when working with spinning machines but thats not the point here because they are fully closed.
The issue with gloves is they soak in with the cooling fluid and become unpleasant. The turning is usually blown away with pressurised air.

correct.

also these are posed pics, probably for a marketing brochure