Senna gets Williams seat

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Re: Senna gets Williams seat

Will Chris Goodwin still be by his side?

djos

Im rather pleased Senna got the remaining Williams F1 seat, last year imo he showed flashes of brilliance in the Renault and im looking forward to seeing what he can do when given a car from day 1.
"In downforce we trust"

Gerhard Berger

Good luck to him.

Raptor22

Super stoke for Bruno.

I can imagine there are going to be tears in the Williams garage when he pulls that Yellow helmet on and take the car out for the first time. Even Adrian Nwey may become emotional for a few seconds

allstaruk08

im glad he's got a seat but im a bit worried for williams in not having an experienced driver like rubens to give precise feedback to the team

mx_tifoso

Based on the last few years performance I doubt whether having Barrichello will matter at all. What the team needs is a freshening up while having a better sense of direction and implementation. Fix the team then you can have top drivers. But I certainly hope that Senna fulfills his expectations.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tozza Mazza

Senna quite clearly has some pace, he wouldn't be in F1 otherwise, and was able to match Petrov last year.

If he brings money to the team also, you can see why he was chosen.

Good choice by Williams, hoping for a change in fortune for them in 2012!

P.S: mx_tifoso, has your username changed?

mx_tifoso

Yes, I recently changed it since it was bugging me for a long time now. Tifosi is plural and tifoso is singular.

But the fact that Senne replaced Barrichello shouldn't be surprising, given that Williams has replaced many key people that weren't cutting despite their seniority.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

waynes

personally i let out a big "YES" when i saw the news Bruno had signed, then it dawned on me "Senna signs for Williams Renault" as a headline :(

Bruno clearly has raw speed, i hope the package williams deliver is up to it as i reckon he could really surprise a few people how quick he really is

oh, and some of the negativity on here is astounding. may i remind you that one Michael Schumacher paid for (well not him but Merc) his jordan drive

everyone starts somewhere

ringo

Williams will benefit finiancially more than we imagine.
So many opportunites have opened up with having a Senna in their car.
They don't look so dull to sponsors now at all.

I guess the last touch is to give Bruno a makeover to look more like his uncle and the money will come barreling in. :lol:

He'll do ok, but Maldonado's speed is grossly underestimated. Pastor will dominate him in qualifying. Senna will be steadier in the race and probably the team leader in terms of insight into progressing the car.
For Sure!!

Hangaku

I really think that Williams' weakness last year was their engine. Senna driving combined with a return to Renault, smells like a win for me. Maybe not on day one, but it's not as if Senna has never driven a car before. He has racecraft, so people saying he's inexperienced is really very short sighted.
Yer.

dren

He has 1.5 years in F1 so far. You should expect his experience to be adequate at this point. It sounds like he keeps improving which is needed. But we have to remember Williams is a publicly traded company. They most certainly chose him for the name and money.
Honda!

SeijaKessen

Hangaku wrote:I really think that Williams' weakness last year was their engine. Senna driving combined with a return to Renault, smells like a win for me. Maybe not on day one, but it's not as if Senna has never driven a car before. He has racecraft, so people saying he's inexperienced is really very short sighted.

I agree.

What I find interesting is that a lot of people forget Bruno didn't race for 10 years after Black Sunday. How many driver's out there did not race for 10 years and then still managed to get into F1? I know plenty have been saying it's the name, but realistically, while it helps, if he sucked, the name would not have helped at all.

raymondu999

For what it's worth; in the two GP2 seasons Senna had with Maldonado (both contested in 2007 and 2008 GP2 seasons) Senna outscored him both times; though I seem to remember that Senna's 2008 runner up spot was more due to a Button type "keep the car in 1 piece" attitude rather than outright speed.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

That style should be good for midfield points collecting. As Alguesuari showed, raw speed is not needed in early race midfield running.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏