Caterham joins the Paydriver bandwagon, Petrov in for Trulli

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Afterburner

Re: Caterham joins the Paydriver bandwagon, Petrov in for Tr

mnmracer
mnmracer

I'm sorry, I'm not going to read back four pages to see if someone already said it, but my two cents:
* Petrov, while no second coming of Bill Vukovich, is not as bad as pay drivers like Ricardo Rosset and Tarso Marques, or Sakon Yamamoto.
* I think most of you who are upset, are upset about the idea of a driver that was inititally hired because of his (albeit expired) talent, are we really going to miss Jarno Trulli. Aside from the Trulli-train, which thankfully we haven't seen for a while, did everyone really tune in every other sunday to watch the latest amazing race by mr. Jarno.

gridwalker
gridwalker

At least Jarno will finally be able to enjoy the produce of his vinyards on a sunny sunday afternoon ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

JohnsonsEvilTwin

@ Afterburner

Petrov appears to have been told its 100 points this year or 10 years in a Siberian gulag!
More could have been done.
David Purley

Italiano
Italiano

WHO, I ask..WHO would give him an offer???
Jarno Trulli 'surprised' to receive plenty of job offers since being dropped by Caterham
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97597
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

raymondu999

Caterham's offering him a job to drive the transporter to the races
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

gridwalker
gridwalker

SchumacherM wrote:WHO, I ask..WHO would give him an offer???
Rome could use a few decent taxi drivers ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

grano123
grano123

You would have to think that Marussia would/should have been interested in getting Petrov's Euros, wouldn't you?

That this didn't happen, either says despite a bigger bag of Euros than Pic brought them, Marussia wasn't interested in the only Russian driver in F1, to drive for the only team in F1 with a Russian connection..............or Petrov or his manageress wasn't interested in him going to Marussia?

If the latter is the case, you would also wonder why, as he could have paid substantially less, made a good salary and most probably, not been that much worse off than going to Caterham. Caterham were the better of the tail end charlies last season........but not by much. We'll have to wait and see how their pace improves this year.......or not.......:)

CHT
CHT

SchumacherM wrote:WHO, I ask..WHO would give him an offer???
Jarno Trulli 'surprised' to receive plenty of job offers since being dropped by Caterham
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97597
Toyota Le Mans per perhaps.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

grano123 wrote:You would have to think that Marussia would/should have been interested in getting Petrov's Euros, wouldn't you?

That this didn't happen, either says despite a bigger bag of Euros than Pic brought them, Marussia wasn't interested in the only Russian driver in F1, to drive for the only team in F1 with a Russian connection..............or Petrov or his manageress wasn't interested in him going to Marussia?

If the latter is the case, you would also wonder why, as he could have paid substantially less, made a good salary and most probably, not been that much worse off than going to Caterham. Caterham were the better of the tail end charlies last season........but not by much. We'll have to wait and see how their pace improves this year.......or not.......:)
I would believe that if he had the choice between Marussia and Caterham, Petrov made the better choice to have a car that had the potential to gain a significant first point this year. Even one point would be a boon.