Marussia & HRT

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dice782

Re: Marussia & HRT

Has HRT really failed another crash test?

marcush.
marcush.

Sure you get a full report on what happened in the crashtest but those data need to be interpreted and you need a truckload of experience and knowledge if the failure is not obviously a manaufacturing issue.
but if it were a systematic issue ,god knows how the next part will perform /fail.I´m sure nobody would underwrite a ppassed test that is done so by chance?
I think if you cannot prove by calcs and simulation why you passed that test now the result is of no value.

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

krisfx wrote:Yeah I suppose you're right, I don't really rate any of them, obviously someone has to finish last, but being said laps off the back of the field is astounding, especially when a GP2 car could probably lap quicker than yours.
You must be either new to F1 or relying on someone else's ill informed opinion. No GP2 car will be faster than an F1 car under similar conditions. If you are going to post on a technical site at least take the time to research a topic.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

dice782 wrote:Has HRT really failed another crash test?
Just reporting what Joe Saward has said...

krisfx
krisfx

Petroltorque wrote:
krisfx wrote:Yeah I suppose you're right, I don't really rate any of them, obviously someone has to finish last, but being said laps off the back of the field is astounding, especially when a GP2 car could probably lap quicker than yours.
You must be either new to F1 or relying on someone else's ill informed opinion. No GP2 car will be faster than an F1 car under similar conditions. If you are going to post on a technical site at least take the time to research a topic.
I had a look, in 2010 they would have qualified 7th on the GP2 grid based on lap times in monaco, and to me they really haven't improved since then... which is why I said probably. I'm not new to F1 although I do lack some more technical understanding which is why I ask questions like this and the primary reason I joined F1technical. Your ignorance really is shown when you flame someone for their lack of understanding rather than giving answers which would probably increase their knowledge.

Cheers anyway though

TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

krisfx wrote:I had a look, in 2010 they would have qualified 7th on the GP2 grid based on lap times in monaco, and to me they really haven't improved since then...
Hmmm... are you sure about that... or have i misunderstood something (again)? In 2010 Glock did a 1.17,3 in the Virgin, Senna a 1.18,5 in the HRT and Maldonado a 1.20,4 (in practice) in the GP2 car.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

OK so Joe Saward seems to think that HRT have failed a nose test again...

Not after the second crash test failure today (Oops… a secret)

Joe, do you know what HRT failed on?

Nose again.

This is the reply I got from HRT:-

“@lundo88: @maria_serrat @hrtf1team Joe Saward seems to think the F112 has failed its nose test again can you confirm or not??”

“@maria_serrat: @lundo88 it's not down to me to confirm or deny but nose test hasn't been conducted yet...”

Does Joe Saward have a agenda on HRT + plus he changed his response from nose to roll hoop... :lol:

dice782

I don't get Joe Saward, what has he got to gain from misinformation? Credibility is running pretty low! When it comes to insider information I think HRT are a bit outside the main stream. So when insider information is a bit thin people have to fill in the gaps by guessing & making news up.