Alternative history: the 2007championship without misfortune

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bhall

Re: Alternative history: the 2007championship without misfor

richard_leeds wrote:In those days the the pit lane limiter also opened the fuel flap and switched on the rain light? Can you see that on the video?
No, it's from an onboard camera.

Richard

I'm sure you could find footage online somewhere showing the exterior of his car on those few laps to back up your theory?

bhall

Well, now I don't want to find such footage. And risk being wrong?

I'll have you know that I'm quite happy with my theory as it stands, thank you very much.

raymondu999

Well this video shows him getting a false neutral.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mMEQm46loE[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

mnmracer wrote:After having done an
I know where your loyalties lie even before I started reading this. No surprises there. :roll:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Just_a_fan

bhallg2k wrote:
mnmracer wrote: Grand Prix of Brazil
Lewis Hamilton suffered from gear box problems early in the race, which cost him a lot of time.
(This ought to be fun!)

Gearbox problem, my ass. He engaged the pit lane speed limiter on-track!
Wow, nice out of context clip there.

The pressing of the pitlane button was done about 30 seconds after the gearbox went wrong. It was part of their attempts to reset the 'box.

But never mind about the reality when you have a pet theory to promote... :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bhall

Hey, I said this is all in good fun. (Don't take this seriously.)

Shrieker

I still somehow feel ---- Max threatened Ron saying something along the lines of "If your boy wins it, you can kiss your team goodbye", and then that "glitch" happened.
Last edited by Giblet on 22 Feb 2012, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to invoke Godwin.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

Not to mention team orders in Monaco and China.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

davelikesf1

interesting work! although i can picture these alternate histories will reopen many old arguments.

belgium 2008 c:

mnmracer

davelikesf1 wrote:interesting work! although i can picture these alternate histories will reopen many old arguments.

belgium 2008 c:
thanks ^^
but yeah, prepair your stance on that one :P

BMW_F1

Massa was an exceptional qualifier in those days. I think he would have been in the podium in Australia if he was able to qualify.

mnmracer

BMW_F1 wrote:Massa was an exceptional qualifier in those days. I think he would have been in the podium in Australia if he was able to qualify.
Possibly, but it wouldn't have made Massa a championship contender. I narrow it down to (serious) championship contenders, both in the real history as the alternative setting.

BMW_F1

Massa was a serious contender for the title back in 07. I am sure that is his advantage over kimi right before Monza was geeater he would not had been asked to play the supporting role after that race. And you also omitted hus misfortune in Hungary, everyone remembers this race for the lewis alonso controversy and forgets that massa got screwed in qualifying...

....." Massa had worse luck; the Ferrari team weren't prepared for him to need a second run in Q2, and he was released into the pit-lane without being refuelled.[8] His pit crew had to run down the pit-lane and pull him back to his pit to be refuelled, by which time his tyres had lost temperature so when he finally made it out, the lack of grip meant he was unable to improve his time."

Another race where he could have ended up in the podium. Massa usually runs pretty good on this track as demonstrated a year later , he also had posted one of the fastest times on practice.

mnmracer

BMW_F1 wrote:Massa was a serious contender for the title back in 07.
I'll include Massa for you a little later ok? ;)