2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
alogoc

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 3: 1-4 March.

Pierce89 wrote:....

Im'm not expecting Merc to bring a new front wing seeing as how they just debuted a new one. Also, I can't see a Monza wing being tested at Barca.

What I do expect though, is a competitive Ferrari. [-o<

i expect a dominate Ferrari
it was close to leaders on day four whit 50% parts on and Massa behind the wheel imagine what will be when Byrne diffusor and Alonso are on/in car :mrgreen:
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

CHT
CHT

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
blokkie wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Cant be sure of this, but there where reports that Red Bull suffered alot on days 3 and 4 of the last test.
Suffered alot from what ?

Degradation on longer runs. Suffered alot more than their normal metronomic degradation.
perhaps thats the webber effect rather than engine mapping.

Hail22

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNE1ctWjBo[/youtube]

I hear blowing from the Red Bull *gets FIA blowing bug spray* come at me fanboys, you know its blowing ;)
Last edited by Hail22 on 29 Feb 2012, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Anything is possible CHT.

But I don't think the cars attitude would change just by changing driver. There are many possible explanations, such as exhaust positioning, fuel load, set up changes etc that could explain it.
More could have been done.
David Purley

f1316

Will be good to see HRT turn up to a test for a change - this is progress for them! De la Rosa always known as a good test driver, his feedback should be helpful for them, although I'm sure they'll still be a fair way off the back of the midfield. Shame about Marussia.

Still there is a general theme amongst the media that ferrari are behind and still I don't see why particularly, looking at the times on the longer runs. Would love to see the debut of this "Byrne floor" but am also slightly concerned that introducing radical updates into an already not fully understood car could cause further problems with understanding its behaviour.

Mandrake

Hail22 wrote:I hear blowing from the Red Bull *gets FIA blowing bug spray* come at me fanboys, you know its blowing ;)
Why do you keep coming back to this? Yes, RedBull are still blowing, as are all Renault powered teams........jeeeez. It's no where near comparable to 2011 and the Renault does generally have a quite raspy engine noise, even when fully back on the throttle.....maybe there also on-throttle blowing, damn cheaters!

Engines sound differently, the video shows that pretty clearly. Could we now stop discussing irrelevant stuff and concentrate on what's important?

Richard

Hail22 - No need to be provocative.

Yes, we can hear overrun on the RB. There's a thread for it elsewhere

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12046&view=unread#unread

Lets talk about the testing .... once it actually starts!

Princey

The 'top three' have gone for an alternating line up starting with Button, Webber and Massa.
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

f1316

Princey wrote:The 'top three' have gone for an alternating line up starting with Button, Webber and Massa.
Interesting that Button always gets the same days as Webber and Massa who, let's be frank, are clearly the number 2 drivers.

KeiKo403

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

Does anyone know the weather forecast for Barca for this test. McLaren will need good weather to test new rear wing and anything else they've been saving until now to bolt on (show).

CHT
CHT

Test program for this week.

Red Bull
Thursday: Mark Webber. Friday: Sebastian Vettel. Saturday: Mark Webber. Sunday: Sebastian Vettel.

McLaren
Thursday: Jenson Button. Friday: Lewis Hamilton. Saturday: Jenson Button. Sunday: Lewis Hamilton.

Ferrari
Thursday: Felipe Massa. Friday: Fernando Alonso. Saturday: Felipe Massa. Sunday: Fernando Alonso.

Mercedes
Thursday: Nico Rosberg. Friday: Michael Schumacher. Saturday: Nico Rosberg. Sunday: Michael Schumacher.

Lotus
TBC

Force India
Thursday: Paul di Resta. Friday: Nico Hulkenberg. Saturday: Paul di Resta. Sunday: Nico Hulkenberg.

Sauber
Thursday: Sergio Perez. Friday: Kamui Kobayashi. Saturday: Sergio Perez. Sunday: Kamui Kobayashi.

Toro Rosso
Thursday: Jean-Eric Vergne. Friday: Jean-Eric Vergne. Saturday: Daniel Ricciardo. Sunday: Daniel Ricciardo.

Williams
Thursday: Pastor Maldonado. Friday: Bruno Senna / Pastor Maldonado. Saturday: Pastor Maldonado / Bruno Senna. Sunday: Bruno Senna.

Caterham
TBC

HRT
TBC

Marussia
Not Running

Hail22

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/B ... n+SPXX0015

Weather forecast as you requested. Looks like there will be some rain on Saturday, that will make some interesting use of the intermediates/wet tyres.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Dragonfly

f1316 wrote:
Princey wrote:The 'top three' have gone for an alternating line up starting with Button, Webber and Massa.
Interesting that Button always gets the same days as Webber and Massa who, let's be frank, are clearly the number 2 drivers.
No, I think it's to make sure Massa and Hamilton are not on the track in one and the same day :)
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Hail22

Dragonfly wrote:
f1316 wrote:
No, I think it's to make sure Massa and Hamilton are not on the track in one and the same day :)
Too bad in 15 days they will be sharing the same track in Melbourne ;)

Gilles Villeneuve

Hush

Hail22 wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
blokkie wrote: Suffered alot from what ?

Degradation on longer runs. Suffered alot more than their normal metronomic degradation.
Made a similar observation, I hope it is the case hehe :P jk...or not.

But its a shame Marussia's car will not be ready for the last test, would of been nice to see the car at Barca...oh well I will take some spy shots at Melbourne on Wednesday/Thursday for you chaps.
McLaren/Button also suffered from excessive tyre wear Friday.