2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

Lots of questions about whether Alonso used only scrubbed tyres in his race sim. Tech boss Pat Fry says it was a mix of new and scrubbed

https://twitter.com/#!/andrewbensonf1/s ... 4850445313

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MGPAMG

illario wrote:
aduka11 wrote:11:39 Again.

11:39 Red flag.

11:38 The Mercedes immediately sets a new personal best in sector one.

HOPE IT NOT MICHAEL AGAIN !!!!
where do you get info on sector times?
Thank you.

You can get live coverage and information at:

http://live.autosport.com/

Whoever said that they can't get it and only the commentator is completely wrong. They got their information front this website.

NoDivergence

Re: Ferrari F2012

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Pat Fry has confirmed Ferrari used both used & new tyres during the race stint. :))
He's also confirmed that they're pretty much up the creek. And with no paddle to be found yet

FrukostScones

MGPAMG wrote:
illario wrote:
aduka11 wrote:11:39 Again.

11:39 Red flag.

11:38 The Mercedes immediately sets a new personal best in sector one.

HOPE IT NOT MICHAEL AGAIN !!!!
where do you get info on sector times?
Thank you.

You can get live coverage and information at:

http://live.autosport.com/

Whoever said that they can't get it and only the commentator is completely wrong. They got their information front this website.
do not pass go, go straight here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7520&start=390
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dice782

Rumours on twitter saying a driver has been sacked , Could be Massa anyone knows something?

H.Lyoud

There was a hot news today, so some ppl thought it will be funny to mention Massa. In reality it was about RB upgrades.

Schurcedes

Craig Scarborough ‏ @ScarbsF1 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The Sky 'dramatic' news was #MassaSacked but RBR have a heavily updated car to run tomorrow. #NotExactlyDramaticNews

dice782

why do they post such nonsense ?

Hail22

Ferrari has learnt from last years testing to invest more in their tunnel and rental fees at Cologne, they have learnt the mistake of taking things for granted and showing cards at pre-season by going fast.

I think this will be the year Ferrari may release the ugly duckling that turned into a swan, however its still too early but once more for a 2nd day straight Ferrari crews and engineers have been observed to be up beat and smiling.

The team even during the Schumacher/Brawn/Todt/Byrne Era didn't smile that much.

So what are they doing? what are they developing? why are they all smiling including Alonso?

I smell a poker game afoot.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

radosav

maybe they are laughing at F2012

Chuckjr

Hail22 wrote:I smell a poker game afoot.
Exactly.

There's no way they all would be smiling and carrying on like this if there was a serious problem. I suspect Ferrari and Red Bull will have much to say on the track come Oz. Macca may pay dearly for their copycat diffuser work last year. As you just said Haill22, these teams have learned to not show the junk till VERY late in the game.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Ferraripilot

Hail22 wrote:Ferrari has learnt from last years testing to invest more in their tunnel and rental fees at Cologne, they have learnt the mistake of taking things for granted and showing cards at pre-season by going fast.

I think this will be the year Ferrari may release the ugly duckling that turned into a swan, however its still too early but once more for a 2nd day straight Ferrari crews and engineers have been observed to be up beat and smiling.

The team even during the Schumacher/Brawn/Todt/Byrne Era didn't smile that much.

So what are they doing? what are they developing? why are they all smiling including Alonso?

I smell a poker game afoot.

Have you seen how much Alonso and Massa have to manhandle that beast? It's a very confused machine and you cannot hide that or call that a poker face, especially not at the final practice session before the first race. Ferrari will be having it out with Lotus who are easier on tires.

NathanOlder

Ferrari fans clutching at straws. They have been on a downward spiral since Schumi left. No success without him.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC