2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CHT
CHT

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

would any team want to risk going out on intermediate?

CHT
CHT

SchumiSutil wrote:Hang on. It's raining !
Not a good news for Raikkonen. He did only 46 laps, and 3 or 4 runs and he just have one day left.
I think he will be testing tomorrow as well.

Onch

Schurcedes wrote:Either Ferrari have something remarkable up their sleeve and are doing their best to shield their drivers from giving the game away (which I severely doubt) or there is a political shitstorm of epic proportions brewing behind the scenes.
I'd put my money on the second option too... :?

godlameroso

Last year Perez qualified in Q2 with a 1:23.367, he already wen't almost 1 1/2 seconds faster in colder weather. Anyone else get the impression the cars might actually get faster this year even without the EBD?
Saishū kōnā

ESPImperium

The penultimate day of testing has made the 2012 World Test Championship look like this:

Red Bull-Renault 59
McLaren-Mercedes 49
Scuderia Ferrari 42
Mercedes AMG F1 Team 45
Lotus F1-Renault 46
Force India-Mercedes 49
Sauber-Ferrari 55
Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferrari 53
Williams-Renault 25
Caterham F1-Renault 6
Hispania-Cosworth 0
Marussia F1-Cosworth 0

Pup
Pup

Button seems quite pleased with Mac's upgrade package, despite not getting much time to play with it...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97826

godlameroso

Last year the Caterham couldn't even get into the 1:23's, they might have let something out of the bag.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

Yeah that was a shocker - how many laps did they do in that "stint?" And on what tyres?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Pup
Pup

Is Webber for real, or just playing his cards close?
@tedkravitz Webber said he couldn't feel much gain from new pkg, but new rear end has interesting ducts that look almost like a double diffuser.

@tedkravitz Red Bull expect new rear end to show a gain, but RB8 was already fastest in test 1+2 spec, so could revert if new pkg proves inconclusive.

Hail22

Pup wrote:Is Webber for real, or just playing his cards close?
@tedkravitz Webber said he couldn't feel much gain from new pkg, but new rear end has interesting ducts that look almost like a double diffuser.

@tedkravitz Red Bull expect new rear end to show a gain, but RB8 was already fastest in test 1+2 spec, so could revert if new pkg proves inconclusive.

Well if the past is anything to go by, Newey is a great designer...but some of his cars were "overdone" with too many concepts which proved null in void in regards to on track performance.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

WhiteBlue

These days Newey probably expects a lot more useful feed back by Vettel anyway. So tomorrow will be a decisive day for evaluating the package.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

CHT
CHT

WhiteBlue wrote:
These days Newey probably expects a lot more useful feed back by Vettel anyway. So tomorrow will be a decisive day for evaluating the package.
In worst case scenario, they will just use RB8 v1.0 for the fly away races and introduce v2.0 when they are back in Europe.

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Forza

Re: Ferrari F2012

I found this Pirelli tyre data list from the same source that some of you already posted pics of Ferrari upgrade.

@piusgasso @joseluisf1 more information about # pirelli alonso could someone who understands that gets right down ...
A better picture.

Todos los datos vuelta de las ruedas pirelli de fernando alonso. pirelli ferrari circuitcat formulaone f2012 testf1.

He even has picture of Sauber's telemetry.
I don't certify the authenticity of this material.