2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NoDivergence
18
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 am

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby NoDivergence » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit

amouzouris
107
User avatar
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby amouzouris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 pm

NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit

i think everyone uses the green bit of the track in that corner..its the fastest corner of the track and they need all of its width

GrizzleBoy
18
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 am

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby GrizzleBoy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 pm

NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit


That's not really a problem unless the track is very wet.

He's just using all of the track imo.

FakeAlonso
1
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby FakeAlonso » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Looks 1x speed to me.

Crucial_Xtreme
436
User avatar
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby Crucial_Xtreme » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 pm

GrizzleBoy wrote:
NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit


That's not really a problem unless the track is very wet.

He's just using all of the track imo.


Don't pay him any attention. Any time he is ever in a Ferrari thread it is only to bash the team. :roll:

raymondu999
138
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby raymondu999 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 pm

amouzouris wrote:
NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit

i think everyone uses the green bit of the track in that corner..its the fastest corner of the track and they need all of its width

They don't "need" it by any means. But they do it so they can "steal" a bit more laptime
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

amouzouris
107
User avatar
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby amouzouris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:08 pm

raymondu999 wrote:
amouzouris wrote:
NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit

i think everyone uses the green bit of the track in that corner..its the fastest corner of the track and they need all of its width

They don't "need" it by any means. But they do it so they can "steal" a bit more laptime

yp...that's what i was trying to say!! thank you for the correction!!

bonjon1979
20
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby bonjon1979 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:58 pm

FakeAlonso wrote:Looks 1x speed to me.


Yep, I was watching with sound off (girlfriend isn't looking forward to F1 season at all so having to watch clandestinely). When you put sound on it seems right, looked like it took the corner well.

Hail22
245
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 am

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby Hail22 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:No problem in high speed curves it seems...



The car looks planted, I wonder which exhaust setting/placing they used when he did this, they possibly found a way to heat/blow into the diffuser?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

FakeAlonso
1
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby FakeAlonso » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:19 pm

bonjon1979 wrote:
FakeAlonso wrote:Looks 1x speed to me.


Yep, I was watching with sound off (girlfriend isn't looking forward to F1 season at all so having to watch clandestinely). When you put sound on it seems right, looked like it took the corner well.


I tried different speeds with VLC and 1x is the most convincing. The car looks well balanced. I hope they are not as bad as they say.

NathanOlder
26
User avatar
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

Postby NathanOlder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Im pretty sure its speeded up, the camera shake at the end of the video looks odd.
Anyway, Iv seen Red Bull, Lotus & Mclaren go through there faster so dont get to excited Ferrari boys :mrgreen:

NoDivergence
18
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 am

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby NoDivergence » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:24 am

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
GrizzleBoy wrote:
NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit


That's not really a problem unless the track is very wet.

He's just using all of the track imo.


Don't pay him any attention. Any time he is ever in a Ferrari thread it is only to bash the team. :roll:


Not bashing the team, bashing the car. It is and has been admitted to be by essentially all members involved, bad. In other words, I'm doing the exact opposite of bashing the team but rather completely and totally agreeing with them

douglas
5
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

Postby douglas » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 pm

LONGRUN-ANALYSE F1-TESTS 2012
Team Test 2011 Rennen 2011 Differenz Test 2012 Differenz zu 2011
Mercedes 1.32,273 1.32,067 - 0,206 s 1.29,235 - 3,048 s
Sauber 1.30,614 1.32,571 + 1,957 s 1.29,640 - 0,974 s
Red Bull 1.30,412 1.30,294 - 0,118 s 1.29,706 - 0,706 s
McLaren 1.31,073 1.30,280 - 0,888 s 1.29,923 - 1,150 s
Lotus 1.30,949 1.31,650 + 0,701 s 1.30,014 - 0,935 s
Ferrari 1.29,612 1.30,280 + 0,668 s 1.30,484 + 0,872 s
Force India 1.31,422 1.32,749 + 1,327 s 1.30,614 - 0,808 s
ToroRosso 1.31,089 1.32,417 + 1,328 s 1.30,717 - 0,472 s
Williams 1.31,644 1.32,674 + 1.030 s 1.31,241 - 0,403 s


Auto Motor und Sport sees Mercedes in front compared to 2011 tests and racing

Crucial_Xtreme
436
User avatar
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby Crucial_Xtreme » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:33 pm

NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit

NoDivergence wrote:Actually, if I'm not mistaking the corner, the Ferrari always runs a bit wide whereas the McLaren doesn't even need to touch the rumble strips


Yep you're mistaken and also "running very very wide onto the green section of the runoff of the exit". :lol:


beelsebob
182
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Cupertino, California

Re: Ferrari F2012

Postby beelsebob » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
NoDivergence wrote:Running very very wide even onto the green section of the runoff on the exit

NoDivergence wrote:Actually, if I'm not mistaking the corner, the Ferrari always runs a bit wide whereas the McLaren doesn't even need to touch the rumble strips


Yep you're mistaken and also "running very very wide onto the green section of the runoff of the exit". :lol:

It's not about needing to or not needing to – it's simply the fastest line through the corner.




Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests