Bahrain GP situation: postponed, reinstated, cancelled

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Race in Bahrain?

Yes.
29%
Don't care either way.
8%
No.
63%

Total votes: 93

waynes

Re: Bahrain GP situation: postponed, reinstated, cancelled

ok so F1 cannot go back to Bahrain, simple as that.

they need space for the NJ race, spot filled.

boring circuit, also, 31000 capacity? thats a joke. go somewhere where a lot of fans can get in to see the greatest cars on earth go round corners at ridiculous speeds

hope Bernie and the FIA get a good kicking off the press about this farce

mzivtins

Hi Guys, sorry to branch off here into a new subject matter but i really did'nt think this deserved a thread of its own!

Any thoughts on the lack of (i mean NONE AT ALL) footage of force india in qualifying and bahrain at the weekend? i find this so strange and the conspiracy part of my mind is thinking maybe Bernie etc really didn't appreciate Force India's decisions regarding P2 and the political climate??
Or do we normally get NO tv feeds for some teams during qualifying? this is the first i can remember...

Also, beck on topic... i agree, this GP should be dropped, good technical circuit, however the turnout and dust (less this year than others)just make it pointless... you may aswell race out in the desert with no one around if this is the case!

Cheers

raymondu999

It is a conspiracy methinks. I thought they did get coverage in the race though didn't they? I thought it was only quali where they didn't get it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mzivtins

raymondu999 wrote:It is a conspiracy methinks. I thought they did get coverage in the race though didn't they? I thought it was only quali where they didn't get it.
Yeah just Quali... made me rage quite a bit over the weekend... this GP was not good for my calm self, i think i almost had a hernier and double heart attack watching Rosberg.

In hindsight... with one word answer, should the GP have still gone ahead?
I think Yeah, why not.

I fully enjoyed the kings response to the dead protester... the fact it mentioned in no way the actual fact someone had been killed, and i can't believe sky actually gave him air-time!!

Plus Crofty is STILL utterly awful at commentating! ARGH!

raymondu999

So.... No one xpressing concern for the poor gp2 boys in Bahrain?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard

That conversation will be over at g2technical.net ;)

cheapracer

mzivtins wrote:Hi Guys,
Not yet.
mzivtins wrote: Any thoughts on the lack of (i mean NONE AT ALL) footage of force india
We must of watched different races, I saw Needsaresta plenty of times, The Hulk not so much.

mzivtins wrote: Also, beck on topic... i agree, this GP should be dropped, good technical circuit, however the turnout and dust (less this year than others)just make it pointless... you may aswell race out in the desert with no one around if this is the case!
I don't care, that's the circuit owner's problem, looked great on TV to me relative to the fact it's in the middle of a desert.

strad

F1 resembles a corporate business that just happens to feature racing.
That is EXACTLY what F1 turned into a long time ago now. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Websta

I thought that Force India was sparsely included in the coverage because of their big alcohol sponsorship plastered on their cars.

raymondu999

The conspiracy theorists will have you believe it's because they pulled out of fp2.

Besides, what's so alcoholic about "Fly Kingfisher" and "Whyte & MacKay music CDs?" ;)

It's only a music CD company with the same name as a whiskey brand :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MIKEY_!

I doubt it, this race is probably not watched more in the Muslim world than any other race. No reason to edit them out of international coverage.

PlatinumZealot

I trhink the force iondia sponsors asked not to be shown in fp2.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

MIKEY_! wrote:I doubt it, this race is probably not watched more in the Muslim world than any other race. No reason to edit them out of international coverage.
Alcoholic advertising is banned in Bahrain. The ads can't be on the car in the first place.
n smikle wrote:I trhink the force iondia sponsors asked not to be shown in fp2.
Possible. I heard rumors some of the force india and sahara folks asked for that as their own little boycott.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MIKEY_!

Unless they crossed out 'whiskey' and wrote 'cola' on the car the ads were still there. And if they were going to take that stance shouldn't Mclaren, Sauber and Force India be edited out of TV coverage in Muslim countries all the time.

PlatinumZealot

Alcohol can be consumed in private but not publicly I think. The adverts are just logos so maybe they were deemed harmless?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏