Pastor Maldonado

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Re: Pastor Maldonado

canfan wrote:Ummm, LH's wheels were on the red and yellow rumblestrips at the left edge of the track. PM was alongside (ahead, but let's not quibble) going into the corner. So where did Hamilton leave the room? I'm still very confused.

Also, in other circumstances maybe PM has not been patient enough, but he was only going to have one more opportunity after this go at the prime passing location of the race.
You are not obliged to leave space while actually taking a corner, ESPECIALLY if you actually have the line through the corner and you don't have to drive through a car to stay on it. Which is why people usually do most of their positioning during the braking and corner entry phase.

Hamilton literally won the corner through the braking and entry phase (which is where the room was left) as Maldonado didn't have a line to get past Hamilton at any point which is ultimately why he ended up off the track. He refused to back off and insisted on pushing even when there was nowhere to pass on the track.

SeijaKessen

Did anyone happen to notice when Maldonado hit Hamilton, that his front wheels were turned to the left and the car continued to go straight? If he was purposely trying to t-bone him as many have been claiming, the tires would have been facing straight.

Listen, I don't like Maldonado, but outside of this forum, I've seen a ton of people who thought Lewis was at fault for the whole thing. One thing I have noticed here is that if anything happens involving Maldonado, half the forum turns into a lynch mob no matter what....and yes I am well aware of Maldonado's history. BTW, the TV announcers for the US feed said they felt it was Hamilton's fault and that he should have ceded to Maldonado. Fact is, until any of us are in either driver's shoes, it's hard to say if the outcome would have been any different for us.

Sure the stewards said Maldonado was at fault, but these are the same stewards who said Bruno Senna was at fault for Kobayashi choosing to drive into a closing gap. Let's be realistic, the stewards haven't exactly been the best judges of a lot of incidents in recent years.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Can we all agree to disagree.

Turns out it doesn't matter what anyone of us think in any event, the stewards have passed judgement. Maldonardo will get a 10 place grid penalty at the next race...Lewis I believe will have nothing.

Lets not bog down the thread with another 5 pages of the same old discussion, every point that can be made has been. Lets leave it as it is and fill the rest of the pages for the many more incidents Maldonardo is likely to be involved in during the next 13 races this season. I have a feeling this will not be the last Maldonardo controversy.

But can I just say, I love what Maldonardo brings to F1!
:P
Last edited by JimClarkFan on 25 Jun 2012, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SeijaKessen wrote: Sure the stewards said Maldonado was at fault, but these are the same stewards who said Bruno Senna was at fault for Kobayashi choosing to drive into a closing gap. Let's be realistic, the stewards haven't exactly been the best judges of a lot of incidents in recent years.
For fear of another argument, but with hope that I won't, in my view that Senna decision was completely retarded in my view. Awful bit of stewarding.
Last edited by JimClarkFan on 26 Jun 2012, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

JimClarkFan wrote:Can we all agree to disagree.

Turns out it doesn't matter what anyone of us think in any event, the stewards have passed judgement. Maldonardo will get a 10 place grid penalty at the next race...Lewis I believe will have nothing.

Lets not bog down the thread with another 5 pages of the same old discussion, every point that can be made has been. Lets leave it as it is and fill the rest of the pages for the many more incidents Maldonardo is likely to be involved in during the next 13 races this season. I have a feeling this will not be the last Maldonardo controversy.

But can I just say, I love what Maldonardo brings to F1!
:P
No he wont, he got a 20 second penalty added to his time in Valencia, which is bull crap considering Kobayashi got a five place grid penalty and Vergne got a 10 place grid penalty.

Steven
Owner

Guys guys guys... breathe.
This thread is about Pastor Maldonado, and not about the particular incident that cost him his front wing at Valencia. Please discuss that in the race thread instead.

Thanks!

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

SeijaKessen wrote:Did anyone happen to notice when Maldonado hit Hamilton, that his front wheels were turned to the left and the car continued to go straight? If he was purposely trying to t-bone him as many have been claiming, the tires would have been facing straight.
#-o

Literally the worst thought-out sentences in the thread. "His wheels were turned! He couldn't have meant it!" Just... really? Is that what this has come to? He obviously didn't turn his wheels enough to avoid a collision even though he had opportunity to do so, now did he?

Simple fact of the matter.. FACT of the matter is that Maldonado tried to force something that wasn't there from the beginning. Hamilton slammed the door on him the way a PROPER racing driver should, in a safe but stern manner. Maldonado acted, again, as he has throughout his career, like a petulant child, and decided the only proper course of action was to try to rejoin the race IN HAMILTON'S CAR. I am officially done with this thread. I can only deal with so much lunacy before my brain melts.

Speedster
Speedster

thearmofbarlow wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:Did anyone happen to notice when Maldonado hit Hamilton, that his front wheels were turned to the left and the car continued to go straight? If he was purposely trying to t-bone him as many have been claiming, the tires would have been facing straight.
#-o

Literally the worst thought-out sentences in the thread. "His wheels were turned! He couldn't have meant it!" Just... really? Is that what this has come to? He obviously didn't turn his wheels enough to avoid a collision even though he had opportunity to do so, now did he?
He was nearly locking his steering wheel while on the kerb, he wanted to go left. In my opinion he shouldn't have gone there, but once he was there, there was nothing he could do anymore.

SeijaKessen

thearmofbarlow wrote:
#-o

Simple fact of the matter.. FACT of the matter is that Maldonado tried to force something that wasn't there from the beginning. Hamilton slammed the door on him the way a PROPER racing driver should, in a safe but stern manner. Maldonado acted, again, as he has throughout his career, like a petulant child, and decided the only proper course of action was to try to rejoin the race IN HAMILTON'S CAR. I am officially done with this thread. I can only deal with so much lunacy before my brain melts.
:roll:

Literally one of the worst posts I've seen in this thread.

In case you didn't notice, his car never actually began to turn because of it being up on the curb.

I've seen people intentionally t-bone someone in racing, they aim straight at the side of the car, they don't turn the wheel left or right as far as it can go.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 26 Jun 2012, 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed personal comments.

krisfx
krisfx

canfan wrote:Ummm, LH's wheels were on the red and yellow rumblestrips at the left edge of the track. PM was alongside (ahead, but let's not quibble) going into the corner. So where did Hamilton leave the room? I'm still very confused.

Also, in other circumstances maybe PM has not been patient enough, but he was only going to have one more opportunity after this go at the prime passing location of the race.
The rules are there to stop a car being crowded off track, from the replay it looks as though maldonado overcooked it in the braking zone, tried the outside of hamilton, who was more than half a car length in front and completely allowed to take his own line, maldonado goes off circuit, rather than backing out keeps his foot in it and t bones hamilton.

I've watched pastor do this on numerous occasions (spa last year) (was it him at monaco this year who cut up a sauber for no reason?) his driving is okay, but his respect and attitude leave a lot to be desired, that's why people hate on him so much. The guy can't keep his cool when something doesn't go his way and it makes me wonder how he even got to F1.

Pup
Pup

SeijaKessen wrote: :roll:

In case you didn't notice, his car never actually began to turn because of it being up on the curb.
There's no curb there. Only paint.

FrukostScones

Pup wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote: :roll:

You're an idiot to be quite frank, and here's why.

There's no curb there. Only paint.
Look again, there is a curb.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Pup
Pup

I see, there is a small curb. Nothing near enough to beach a car though, especially the front wheels.

Speedster
Speedster

The steering movement of Maldonado was clearly visible from the on-board though, either the kerb prevented him from changing direction or his steering broke on an unfortunate moment.

FrukostScones

Speedster wrote:The steering movement of Maldonado was clearly visible from the on-board though, either the kerb prevented him from changing direction or his steering broke on an unfortunate moment.
I think the mini curb and the run off being at a slightly different level played a role in the crash, but maybe they would have crashed also without a curb being there.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.