Silly Season 2012/2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stefan_

Re: Silly Season 2012/2013

Red Bull Ring wasn't mentioned anywhere, so I doubt that we will ever see an F1 race there. France was pretty much gone when the government announced that it isn't thinking of backing this up financially.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

King Six

I think Kamui at Lotus is a pipe dream for his fans. Grosjean is clearly faster, even if his race craft is less lucky. As for Force India, I think the only guy that can replace Hulkenberg in terms of pace would be Sutil.

Trailer23

Lotus retains Grosjean for 2013:
Frenchman Grosjean, who completed his first full Formula One season this year with the team, was widely expected to be retained following a promising but erratic year, during which he finished on the podium three times.

stefan_

We won't have Kobayashi on the grid next year.
Kobayashi gives up on 2013 race seat
Kamui Kobayashi has written a letter to his fans explaining that he will not be able to secure a competitive race seat for the 2013 campaign, leaving the Japanese driver to focus on a 2014 return. After being dropped by Sauber, the 26-year-old managed to raise more than 6 million pounds, but it is not enough to remain in Formula 1.

Kobayashi's full letter reads:

'To All the fans,
Thank you for the big support. I am very appreciative that many of you have donated and (are) trying to make (a) donation.
I must mention this, that since the donations started, it has become quite big news in Japan. And because of your big support, it gave huge influences to some Japanese companies and I started receiving good support from them.

And I was in the position to bring a budget of 8 million Euro at least. If you could imagine the time I had, it was (an) overwhelming reaction and it shows there still is a great potential from Japanese companies.

Unfortunately, the time was still short and I am not able to secure the seat with (a) competitive F1 team for 2013. I have to admit that it is very sad and (I) feel sorry for (the) fans and Japanese companies who supported me. But I am still confident to make it happen in 2014.

I would like to stop the donations for now and while I will save all the money for 2014, I (will) start to look (at) what is the best option for 2013 and also 2014. My main priority is to secure the competitive F1 seat in 2014.

I have no interests to race (in) any other categories.
I will make an announcement as soon as I make a decision for 2013.
So, please wait and (I'm) really looking forward (to) your support for (the) coming year.
All the best,
KAMUI KOBAYASHI'

In 2013, Nico Hülkenberg and Esteban Gutiérrez will form the driver line-up at Kobayashi's former team, while 2012 team-mate Sergio Pérez moves to McLaren.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

HVS5b

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/20766042

Max Chilton signs deal to drive for Marussia. Four Brits driving in F1 next year.

fritticaldi

Current GP2 Champion, Davide Valsecchi still without a seat. In the rookie test , the Italian driving the Lotus E20 finished ahead of the Red Bull and McLaren.

raymondu999

Partly a question of age IMO. It's his 5th season in GP2 I think.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

fritticaldi

Yes It was Valsecchi's 5th year in GP2. It's evident his main problem is sponsorship. I would have liked seeing him at Toro Rosso and compare his performances with the two regular drivers.

scuderiafan

Maldonado was in GP2 for 5 or 6 years wasn't he? And he shines in the Williams chassis, maybe Valsecchi can do the same?
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Cam

The only thing that shines for Maldonado is the coin he uses to keep his seat.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Forghieri

HVS5b wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/20766042

Max Chilton signs deal to drive for Marussia. Four Brits driving in F1 next year.
Nice, an F1seat for Christmas :roll:
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

scuderiafan

Cam wrote:The only thing that shines for Maldonado is the coin he uses to keep his seat.
I dunno, he's won a race, and can qualify well.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Leendert82

Re: Torro Rosso STR8 Ferrari (Pre-Launch Speculation)

So apparenlty 2013 will be the last year with Ferarri engines and from 2014 onwards they will go with Renault.
Renault would then have 5 teams (Redbul, Lotus, Williams, Torro Rosso and Caterham) Mercedes 3 and Maybe 4 if Marrusia gets the Mercedes engine deal (McLaran, Mercedes, Force India, Marrusia) Ferarri only 2 (Ferrai and Sauber)
Would there be other teams that making the switch in 2014?

CottrellGP

So apparenlty 2013 will be the last year with Ferarri engines and from 2014 onwards they will go with Renault.
Renault would then have 5 teams (Redbul, Lotus, Williams, Torro Rosso and Caterham) Mercedes 3 and Maybe 4 if Marrusia gets the Mercedes engine deal (McLaran, Mercedes, Force India, Marrusia) Ferarri only 2 (Ferrai and Sauber)
Would there be other teams that making the switch in 2014?

Yes apparently Force India will change to Ferrari power.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

Burgess

Probably only if they sign Bianchi though. Well from how I perceive it they want to get the Ferrari engines for less, rather than desperate to get Ferrari engines, but more just to save money.