Liveries and aesthetic exercises

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
the EDGE

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

Coefficient wrote:
Nice but needs a bit of red towards the front/nose somehwhere. Also, can't see Mclaren ditching Mobil or Shell leaving Ferrari.
also, Sony are in huge financial difficulty with their credit rating designated as 'JUNK', so don't expect them to have the cash to part with just yet, personally I think Microsoft will tie up their dealings with Lotus at the end of this year and switch to McLaren

Daliracing

Re: Liveries and aesthetic exercises

i would love that! and not only because of the car :D

saint.666

I think its unlikely that Sony will be Mclaren title sponsor .. as there will be a conflict with Kenwood who has been a Mclaren partner since 1991..

but i guess you never know !

Blackout

The autor
http://cdebdesign.blogspot.fr/
A good way to destroy the current Mclaren livery... unless you replace the silver with white... But this superb all silver livery should not be touched.

FW17

Can cigarette makers come back to F1 if they advertise their e-cigarettes?

In some countries where alcohol ads are banned in print and television, the same company put out ads for music cds, mineral water, club soda of the same name which is allowed
Altria Group, said on Wednesday that it plans to expand its MarkTen e-cigarette brand nationally in the second quarter. The move comes at a time the electronic cigarette market appears ready to explode domestically. Electronic cigarette sales topped $1 billion last year
Indycar already has a few

And these guys could be used in Mclaren red and white fantasies :lol:

ralt12

How about a vintage look ? When was the last time you saw this livery ?
(Note the "high nose" that precedes the 019; this 018's nose is 3" high than the prior year's 017)

thomin

W05 in W196 livery.
Last edited by thomin on 23 Feb 2014, 04:06, edited 2 times in total.

cossie

God those indycars are ugly. please f1 never Put fenders on a f1 car

ScottB

I think it's safe to say the Marlboro livery is never coming back.

As for E-Cigs, they seem to have enjoyed a period of governments not paying them any attention, but that period is coming to an end, so would be surprised to see any popping up in F1.

Gridlock

would be surprised to see any popping up in F1

I wouldn't

https://njoypartners.com/management-team/

ScottB

Gridlock wrote:would be surprised to see any popping up in F1

I wouldn't

I didn't mean that they wouldn't want to get involved, I meant that regulators and governments will inevitably, and in some ways already have, started to clamp down on their operations.

ESPImperium

ScottB wrote:
Gridlock wrote:would be surprised to see any popping up in F1

I wouldn't

I didn't mean that they wouldn't want to get involved, I meant that regulators and governments will inevitably, and in some ways already have, started to clamp down on their operations.
Not allowed under a tightening of the European Cigarette laws in 2018 will disallow it, and as such, Ferrari will not be able to take sponsorship of €220m from Victor Morris as it will be illegal for any sport or anyone associated with that sport that will be broadcast in the EU in any form. Meaning that sports from anywhere in the world will have to comply with that in order to be able to take the money from the EU. In short, Ferrari, even post Marlboro/Barcode will not be allowed to take the money even if their livery has no Victor Morris brand logo on the car or such. It is so that the tobacco companies can't use the sponsorship tax breaks that come with it and the EU can take more in tax from the tobacco companies in each country. Look at Australia and their plain packaging that is coming to Scotland in the next few years.

The Tobacco industry is being regulated out of the world, and i can see Tobacco industry companies start to pack up soon, i can see one or two decide that they are shutting down X Brand and Y Brand in the EU in order to save money can concentrate on more lucrative markets in the emerging economies in ways that don't affect sport.

Manoah2u

did a retro shop on the mp4-29 8)

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Daliracing

well that would look nice :D the silver and orange are cool