Liveries and aesthetic exercises

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gold333
gold333

Re: Liveries and aesthetic exercises

It's nice, but Mclaren have always separated their accent coloured panels from the main chrome using gaussian feathered delineation of black borders. That adds nuance and depth to the overall design. It also achieves depth by contrasting the accent panels' satin sheen from the gloss of the chrome as they are delineated.

Also, in a similar design I doubt that the old Marlboro chevrons would be used but more likely a similar more modern graphical composition would probably be designed and implemented. The chrome having more depth than the white I'd also assume that the accent color would have more depth as well to be more complementary as opposed to the RAL3024 used on the Marlboro cars. Like it had in 2007-2010.
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

slimfitcasual

Orange chrome: a nod to Mclaren both classic and modern. I like it.
Per ardua ad astra

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

gold333 wrote:Also, in a similar design I doubt that the old Marlboro chevrons would be used but more likely a similar more modern graphical composition would probably be designed and implemented.
The chevrons are never coming back. People don't realize the chevrons were a Marlboro livery more than a McLaren livery.

diego1960

That is really far more beautiful than what we have today. Excellent!
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna