2013 Argentinian Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Caito
Caito

Re: 2013 Argentinian Grand Prix

Maelstrom, cars can't go too far into the water.

They will connect floating security bars.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Pierce89

mx_tifoso wrote:Potrero de los Funes or bust!

That would make the race even more special. We need something "different", all of the circuits are so similar and having something like this would be the icing on the cake for me!
GT1 was awesome there!
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

ElleMarie

On board lap at the circuit: http://thefastcastor.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... it-on.html

...mmmm... i dont like it :roll:

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Caito wrote:Maelstrom, cars can't go too far into the water.

They will connect floating security bars.
That looks like it would solve the problem. Thanks for the pic. :)

Belatti
Belatti

I visited Mar del Plata city last week.

I thought it was a clockwise track but after watching the simu video posted, its otherwise.

The original track layout I saw was good, this one I see here is crap. Coming down the golf clubs turn is what made the thing, not its all backwards and with a horrible chicane!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Nando
Nando

Maelstrom wrote:What are the chances of a crashed car flying into the water? :P
Well we know Petrov and Webber has taken flying lessons in these past years so if i had to bet any money on an F1 driver hitting the water it would be one of those guys :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

JayeOFarrell

Personally I don't agree that Valencia is boring with the epic 3rd sector and changeling 1st sector, whereas I would argue Korea is boring, they have also failed on their promise to effectively build a city in the middle of the track, couple that to the fact they can't pay then why should F1 stay there? I would argue it hasn't brought much to the sport as well.

I think this is a perfect replacement for the subpar Korea. It looks to be an aerodynamic challenge given the sea breeze and looks to have some fun corners. I think the tracks should be like the drivers. If they can't pay and/or don't deliver then they should be out. And let’s be honest, the newer tracks have progressively got more boring, notable Abu Dubai and Bahrain.
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

JayeOFarrell

jdlive wrote:
N12ck wrote:
jordangp wrote:I agree, time should be spent on making sure Potrero de los Funes, rather than organising and funding a brand new street circuit. Better for the fans, better for the drivers, and easier for organisers, locals etc.
+1 street circuits lack overtaking oppertunities, and isnt as good of a spectacle
For real? I find street circuits much more exciting to watch, they give a much greater speed sensation than the big stretched out circuits. Watching grand prix's both in real life or on TV on big circuits like Spa and Monza is boring because the cars are too slow for big circuits. More street circuits please!
How can you say Spa is boring? :shock: You can not be serious? Honestly?
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

Caito
Caito

At last all this was pure BS, as expected. A move from the government who never actually spoke with bernie at all.

f1316
f1316

I always liked the Buenos Aires circuit personally - I'd even go as far as to say it was one of my favourites. I really miss that one and Imola from the calendar, so if they did go back to Argentina, I'd personally like to see them upgrade that one. Talk about great elevation change!

Also, this year we saw a great race in Valencia, so perhaps it's not so boring with the current formula. Have to say I'm split on the whole street vs. "proper" racetrack debate; I generally prefer to watch the cars race on tracks designed for racing, but one or two striking city backdrops adds some interest for me. Will be interested to see the New Jersey one, having driven through that area many times :)

Caito
Caito

We also lost the FIA GT at potrero, that was the best thing ever. Amazing circuit.. such a nice place hearing V12s and V8.

At least we have moto gp for 2013( for now, at least)

Slife
Slife

I'd personally prefer the Autódromo Juan y Oscar Gálvez circuit, plus it already hosts F3 races.