Hamilton vs Button Challenges

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bhall

Re: Hamilton vs Button - Blind lap

Has it crossed anyone's mind that they were just aware of the camera(s) and embellished things a bit as a result?

Just throwin' that out there.

raymondu999

For the purpose of?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

n smikle wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:I also noticed that Button is much more... smoother if thats the right word. His movements are gradual and Hamilton's seem more jerky and on the edge.

Underlines their driving styles I suppose.
I think he is emulating the G-forces that is why he jerks the wheel. Very detailed.
I'm not sure F1 steering is that heavy to be honest. They are after all power steered.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall

raymondu999 wrote:For the purpose of?
I should think that's quite obvious.

Why do people tell fish stories?

raymondu999

What's a fish story? Not familiar with the term
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall

A fish story is a colloquial term that refers to exaggerating something for added effect.

"I caught a huge fish! You should have seen this trout; it must have weighed 80 or 90 lbs!"

A fish story.

I'm just saying that you've got two very high-profile drivers from a very high-profile team who have both likely been given substantial advice on PR/media strategies. Is it then really out of line to think that maybe, just maybe, they added a little touch of Marcel Marceau* for the benefit of the cameras while they steered air with $30,000 wheels?

* Damn right. Mime reference. Dig it.

PlatinumZealot

bhallg2k wrote:Has it crossed anyone's mind that they were just aware of the camera(s) and embellished things a bit as a result?

Just throwin' that out there.
Exactly! he's just emulating all the vibrations and g-forces to make it look fancy is all. IMO at least.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Nando

Hamilton vs Button Challenges

"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

PlatinumZealot

Re: Hamilton vs Button Challenges

Button is pretty much half Japanese so that is why he knows how to play the stick/buzzer game.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

Why would being Japanese have anything to do with that?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Goran2812

that was probably a joke... cuz japanese are crazy for those sort of games... :D
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

megz

n smikle wrote:Button is pretty much half Japanese so that is why he knows how to play the stick/buzzer game.
How? By virtue of having a girlfriend of Japanese decent? Does that also make him half female?

PlatinumZealot

Hahha. You see if you guys had ever been to japan you would understand. That stick game is a very popular arcade/carnival/game-show game in Japan.

Button obviously has played it before on one of his visits to Japan, no questions about it. He knew he had it in the bag from the word go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbu0PWZX ... re=related[/youtube]
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Richard

Japanese TV is famous of game shows based on peril for the contestants. A contestant would feel an electric shock rather than hear a simple buzzer. Meanwhile Hamilton has a diet of X factor or Pop Idol on his TV.

SiLo

I have still yet to see any other set of teammates that get on as well as these two, it's so nice to see! And Lewis' reaction to Button's time on the buzzer game, haha!
Felipe Baby!