Schui salary

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
spiderzig

Schui salary

Is it true! The Prancing Horse asking if Schui will take a paycut? :o Are they worried about finances, or do they think the public are fed up with the astronomic salaries paid to these men who are working under remote control? :evil:
The sooner Silverstone comes around and we see these people actually driving the damn cars without benefit of all the tricks that money can buy, the better!
Call me an old fuddy duddy if you want, but ask yourselves, what is it that F1 fans want. I will tell you. They want to see exciting racing by the best drivers in the premier form of motorsport using their own skills, and not the best technology that monhey can buy!!!!!
If Schui et al can demonstrate,(and i am sure he will) that he and his fellow robots can drive as well without the aid of electronics devices, the sooner the public will change their opinion of astronomical salaries paid to these people. That is my £20,000,000 worth.

Steven
Owner

Well I suppose he should accept any offer he gets from Ferrari. Some reports say Ferrari's budget has been around €150 mln, while it may now be around €33 mln, because of the problems within the FIAT company.
A pay cut of €5 mln would then even not be exagerated, and Schumi should be happy with it. He will nevertheless remain the most paid driver in Formula1 ever :shock:

speed_mistro

i hate schui :evil: and he's proving already this season that he cant drive under pressure!!! he doesnt deserve the money hes getting and should be happy just to keep a place at ferrari.

role on silverstone

speed_mistro wrote:i hate schui :evil: and he's proving already this season that he cant drive under pressure!!! he doesnt deserve the money hes getting and should be happy just to keep a place at ferrari.

role on silverstone
A little extreme maybe? What is it about a man with a personality bypass you dont like? I am not a fan of the man, but, he is a master of the game. Probably the best driver out there. Whether he is worth the money, only Ferrari can decide. IMHO no driver is worth that amount.

With regards to his season so far, well I think he is putting himself under pressure, he is so used to getting his own way. When things go against him it is unnerving, I think he will get his act together soon and then off he will go. Hopefully the others will see he is not a machine, and can be beaten fair and square. :roll:

I could not believe the state of Interlagos. Last time it rained I seem to recall that there was a river in excactly the same place. How could the organisers not have corrected it. The team managers are just as responsible. I did not notice any one including the drivers moaning at the organisers either. The fact that the team managers chose the wrong tyres knowing how many times it rains at a track,(which in English means "between two lakes") which is subject to precipitation at this time of year. Well!! It beggars belief. :o :wink:

spiderzig

ferrarist

Re: Schui salary

spiderzig wrote:Is it true! The Prancing Horse asking if Schui will take a paycut? :o
Are U crazy???
They can do it after 2004 probably, but not in this moment.

Steven
Owner

imho they should, economy is running not very well, and I really think no driver is worth paying so much, even if most of the people think he is the best :shock:
Such a basic wage difference is simply ridiculous. With the wage of Pizzonia for example, he would still be gathering more money than any driver on a yearly basis thanks to the merchandising income.