Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stefan_

Re: Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

That trailer is brilliant. I read the "quote" from JPM with his voice from the "you broke my f*cking head" video in the back of my mind :D
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob

I'd just like to make my highly technical comment on this...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

imightbewrong

Here is a better view.. It looks.. well, just stupid
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsbatI8QKOg[/youtube]

wesley123

I think we are being nice by calling him a idiot.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bhall

If the FIA can revoke Yuji Ide's Super License because of his reckless driving, I see no reason why that shouldn't happen with Maldonado. Without that intervention, I fear it's all but certain he's eventually going to kill himself or someone else. It's just a question of when.

mx_tifoso

Certainly killing someone is a slight exaggeration, no? Just plenty of DNF's for those around him and himself. But it's just painful to see the last video since it's such a stupid mistake, but yet it is textbook Maldonado.

But I do agree that his super license should be revoked, especially if his shunting extravaganza continues.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

simieski

mx_tifoso wrote:Certainly killing someone is a slight exaggeration, no?
A certain Marshall from Monaco might disagree with it being an exaggeration. Drivers around him have the benefit of a high degree of protection, marshals and pit crew must have a little involuntary clench every time he drives near
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

zyphro

How embarrassing was that haha.

Just_a_fan

So, the question is: who did he blame for his interaction with the kerb? It's always someone elses fault with Pastor, so I guess it was the guy who laid the kerbs! :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

beelsebob

Just_a_fan wrote:So, the question is: who did he blame for his interaction with the kerb? It's always someone elses fault with Pastor, so I guess it was the guy who laid the kerbs! :lol:
The guy who laid the bumpy road surface.

Hail22

He is a bloody idiot...look at this...you can clearly see double yellows and a RED FLAG.

This is just plain stupid...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5nt7IdyPs[/youtube]

I'm struggling to see how he earned a Super License?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

FrukostScones

Hail22 wrote:He is a bloody idiot...look at this...you can clearly see double yellows and a RED FLAG.

This is just plain stupid...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5nt7IdyPs[/youtube]

I'm struggling to see how he earned a Super License?
like another member posted (and it is apparently true!), the guy in this video crashing violently in the two cars is NOT Pastor Maldonado but Stefano Proetto.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

stefan_

That's what you get when you put money first.

Barrichello / Senna would have been such a good driver combination. Barrichello with the experience, Senna eager to learn from his fellow brazillian, the sponsors from Bruno + eventually a couple from Rubens if needed, and both are good guys with good atitude, not some guy who seems like he just got out of the woods and crashes everyone who gets in his way.

What can you expect from a guy who uses his car to crash Perez in Monaco like he is in a video game or something. From that incident (and considering his background in Monaco) I would have warned Pastor that he can fly off with his money if he continues to be an idiot, because Bottas is just around the corner and he too has money if that's the criteria for hiring a driver.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

jdlive

Great news for Bottas yet again! GO BOTTAS!
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

FrukostScones

jdlive wrote:Great news for Bottas yet again! GO BOTTAS!

why is this good news for Bottas?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.