Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
beelsebob

Re: Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

FrukostScones wrote:
jdlive wrote:Great news for Bottas yet again! GO BOTTAS!

why is this good news for Bottas?
Because the more money and reputation Maldonado costs williams, the more like Bottas will be sat in a williams next year.

jdlive

Truth be told, he's just better than the other 2 so he'll get the seat surely.
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

FrukostScones

beelsebob wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
jdlive wrote:Great news for Bottas yet again! GO BOTTAS!

why is this good news for Bottas?
Because the more money and reputation Maldonado costs williams, the more like Bottas will be sat in a williams next year.
Good news for Bottas would be cancellation of PDVSA money for Maldonado.
Williams can't afford Bottas because he pays zilch. Maybe Toto Wolff pays for him with his own cash. :? Not that I don't want Bottas in the race seat, but I don't think they can afford it. And if the PDVSA keeps coming in 2013 and they want to put Bottas in the race seat, the nephew will loose his seat.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GrizzleBoy

mx_tifoso wrote:Certainly killing someone is a slight exaggeration, no? Just plenty of DNF's for those around him and himself. But it's just painful to see the last video since it's such a stupid mistake, but yet it is textbook Maldonado.

But I do agree that his super license should be revoked, especially if his shunting extravaganza continues.
I don't think so tbh.

Anything can happen. We're always playing with the fact that something "probably" wont happen.

When a driver has such a high probability of crashing his vehicle, freak crashes have a higher probability.

Also, it's not like its just a rough patch, he's got a reputation that he's seemingly not even trying to change which means more crashes/incidents.

For every crash a driver survives, the probability of the next one being fatal rises just a little more.

He's already had one "almost killed a guy due to recklessness" experience. You don't get to have too many of those and if that wasn't enough of a wake-up call you have to wonder how drastic things need to get before a change is made.

thearmofbarlow

imightbewrong wrote:Here is a better view.. It looks.. well, just stupid
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsbatI8QKOg[/youtube]
What a complete toolbag. At this point I'd rather have Narain Karthikeyan in my car. At least when he loops the car late in a race while alone and down by three laps he has the decency to not RUN INTO A CURB. :roll:

marcush.

nah he was traction sampling ...

bhall

mx_tifoso wrote:Certainly killing someone is a slight exaggeration, no?
[...]
Nope. He wasn't all that far from doing it here.

SeijaKessen

bhallg2k wrote:
mx_tifoso wrote:Certainly killing someone is a slight exaggeration, no?
[...]
Nope. He wasn't all that far from doing it here.
Being that it is Venezuela, the government likely would have said the person had a fatal heart attack and died seconds before actually being struck by Maldonado's car...that is had they been struck.

PDSVA isn't about to let their national treasure get kicked out of F1 ever.

AlpineF1

seriously though he's a risk to the drivers to the people who use the excuse that he's young look at drivers like Vettel, Pic and so on i dont think Pic has been in any incidents this season!! Maldonado needs to change quick if he wants to stay in formula 1
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

SeijaKessen

While people do find this whole thing amusing, looking at the larger picture, I think this may be an ill omen for Belgium.

The media and the fans are riding Maldonado harder and deservedly so, but, given his inability to score points since Barcelona, you know he is going to be pushing hard at Spa. The question is, is he going to wind up pushing past the limit, and if he does, is it going to be when other cars are near?

Fortunately all of his incidents with other drivers this season have been at lower speeds for the most part.

But given how fast of a circuit Spa is, would you feel comfortable with him near you heading down into Eau Rouge or up into Raidillon?

Hail22

SeijaKessen wrote:
But given how fast of a circuit Spa is, would you feel comfortable with him near you heading down into Eau Rouge or up into Raidillon?
I would throw a lead plated gauntlet at his head if he dared to attempt an "extreme" overtake.

Then again, if its karting goodluck to him...he wouldn't come within the radius of a fart near me.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

QLDriver

GrizzleBoy wrote:For every crash a driver survives, the probability of the next one being fatal rises just a little more.
Sorry - but I can't pass that one - statistics and probability don't work that way. Just because I toss a head, doesn't make a tail more likely the next time around. The more someone crashes, the more likely that a serious crash is within a given time frame (e.g. a season or a career).

Not that I disagree with the sentiment about him being dangerous, but dealing with statistics all the time does this to you!

beelsebob

QLDriver wrote:
GrizzleBoy wrote:For every crash a driver survives, the probability of the next one being fatal rises just a little more.
Sorry - but I can't pass that one - statistics and probability don't work that way. Just because I toss a head, doesn't make a tail more likely the next time around. The more someone crashes, the more likely that a serious crash is within a given time frame (e.g. a season or a career).

Not that I disagree with the sentiment about him being dangerous, but dealing with statistics all the time does this to you!
Don't apologise – this is a technical forum, best to point out the technical inaccuracies.

radosav

i think that Maldonado has more issues with passing through corners than with overtaking and hitting other drivers.
other drivers are accidentally there in the same corner that Maldonado is trying to pass, and... stuff happens. :D

Lca1443

QLDriver wrote:

If every crash causes him to be more brash then it could increase the probability.