Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy

Re: Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

you mention about him at spa. Remember what happened last year with him and Hamilton after a session.
His a tool. Talking about the FIA revoking his license, Williams need to take some responsibility themselves and remove him from there car before he hurts himself or someone else.

His gone next year already i feel. You have to ask how much Williams earn from him to how much they have lost from damage and prize money. On the F1 show they were saying something like 10 points can be worth £10M or something (i have to admit i weren't 100% listening). It can't be financially worth it...

RicME85

He seems to have issues with controlling the back end of a car.
This latest incident plus Hungary and Silverstone were both a case of the back end stepping out going into a corner.
Seems odd to me.

zyphro

RicME85 wrote:He seems to have issues with controlling the back end of a car.
This latest incident plus Hungary and Silverstone were both a case of the back end stepping out going into a corner.
Seems odd to me.
I think that's an inherent problem of the car; remember Senna's spin in quali?

zyphro

RicME85 wrote:yeah but not using this years car in the demo run are they
I was referring to his incidents this year, particularly the one with Perez at Silverstone, rather than the demo run. I don't really remember him having problems with the rear of the car last year.

Pierce89

zyphro wrote:
Seems odd to me.
Actually the Williams is a good car. Look at the quali performances. Besides, regardless of what people think of the tires, a crap car still can't win a race.(Even the Merc was pretty good for the first 5 races or so)
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

zyphro

Pierce89 wrote:
zyphro wrote:
Seems odd to me.
Actually the Williams is a good car. Look at the quali performances. Besides, regardless of what people think of the tires, a crap car still can't win a race.(Even the Merc was pretty good for the first 5 races or so)
And the point of your post is what?

When did I say the car is "crap"? I haven't. The car has a weakness, does that make it "crap"? Of course it doesn't #-o .

AlpineF1

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Richard

Pierce89 wrote:Actually the Williams is a good car.
zyphro wrote:The car has a weakness, does that make it "crap"? Of course it doesn't .
So you are in agreement.

zyphro

richard_leeds wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:Actually the Williams is a good car.
zyphro wrote:The car has a weakness, does that make it "crap"? Of course it doesn't .
So you are in agreement.
Yes, however, I never said the car was "crap" in the first place. So there wasn't any real need to question.

astracrazy

end of the day, i don't think the car is the problem....

natehall

Maldonado needs to take this break as a chance to reset himself, when he dominated a race it appears to have changed him quite a lot - he needs to realise he was in the best car on the day and now he is not - and take a few less risks.

Kind Regards

Nathan

Trailer23

radosav

the driver championship will go to the driver who doesn't get hit by Maldonado, or to the driver that gets hit by Maldonado least times.

Websta

I don't think he's as big a danger to people in F1 as you guys make him out to be - the crashes and incidents he's been involved in, whilst very stupid, haven't been particularly dangerous since his junior formula days. If I am forgetting something, refresh my memory by all means. But, I do think he should have had his super license removed/suspended on the spot after his collision with Perez in Monaco FP3.