Hamilton to leave for Mercedes 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
clipsy1H

Re: Rumor Mill: Hamilton to leave for Mercedes

Gerhardsa wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:nobody forces Schumacher to leave. He simply doesn't want to continue if he really wanted to be in 2013 would be signed with Mercedes so far
If these are true I also think its because Michael will want to leave, not before he says "Im done" will anything be signed by Merc/Ham.

Could Michael look at something like Ferrari for 1 season, or would Monti blow a gasket?

Its stretched I know, but would be awesome.

I said a while back that I would love to see Kovi in a top team again, as I think he really deserves it. Alonso's team mate next season would work nicely! So many nice moves coming up because of Lewis, Michael, Massa...cant wait...
Schumacher will not go to Ferrari because the relationship with Mercedes is very strong. He will remain in Mercedes AMG team and will probably compete in DTM.
there's no reason why ferrari offer him a contract. 2014 is an important year and top teams want 2 year contract to have continuity.
And don't forget that if Schumacher would come to Ferrari would accept second position. Ferrari can't afford to humiliate him more exactly to force him to give up at one point positions in favor of Alonso.

CHT
CHT

Gerhardsa wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:nobody forces Schumacher to leave. He simply doesn't want to continue if he really wanted to be in 2013 would be signed with Mercedes so far
If these are true I also think its because Michael will want to leave, not before he says "Im done" will anything be signed by Merc/Ham.

Could Michael look at something like Ferrari for 1 season, or would Monti blow a gasket?

Its stretched I know, but would be awesome.

I said a while back that I would love to see Kovi in a top team again, as I think he really deserves it. Alonso's team mate next season would work nicely! So many nice moves coming up because of Lewis, Michael, Massa...cant wait...
If MS is available for 1 season, then I think Mclaren will be the first to sign him and get him to help develop the next generation of Mclaren F1 supercar.

Gerhardsa

I wonder if Ferrari would even consider Heiki then.

raymondu999

I just don't get why so many people are saying Schumacher to Ferrari is a viable move. More wishful thinking than anything else I'd imagine.

I absolutely cannot see it happening, especially from the Ferrari end. Michael? I think he's pretty rational about these things, and takes whatever is the best deal (whether that comes in the form of a winning car, a winning team, whatever, is a different matter) but I don't see Ferrari tking him back as a driver, ever.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Spankyham

I think Schumi back to Ferrari becomes possible if Hamilton does indeed sign with Mercedes.

I've been lucky enough to see him at track over the past couple of seasons and I can guarantee that his relationship with the Ferrari team is very good. He eats his lunch (pasta aglio e olio) in Ferrari's canteen. It would be very easy for him to go back to Ferrari.

I think both he and Alonso would relish the challenge of each other and, even more they would understand the benefits they would bring in their collective strengths. The advantage to Ferrari is they have no problems having a vacant seat in 2014 - when I'm sure they are targeting having Vettel in red. For Schumi he would get a great send off in his final year from the adoring Tifosi. Let's put it this way, moving from Merc to Ferrari would be a heck of a lot easier than when he moved from Ferrari to Merc.
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

Gerhardsa

Spankyham wrote:I think Schumi back to Ferrari becomes possible if Hamilton does indeed sign with Mercedes.

I've been lucky enough to see him at track over the past couple of seasons and I can guarantee that his relationship with the Ferrari team is very good. He eats his lunch (pasta aglio e olio) in Ferrari's canteen. It would be very easy for him to go back to Ferrari.

I think both he and Alonso would relish the challenge of each other and, even more they would understand the benefits they would bring in their collective strengths. The advantage to Ferrari is they have no problems having a vacant seat in 2014 - when I'm sure they are targeting having Vettel in red. For Schumi he would get a great send off in his final year from the adoring Tifosi. Let's put it this way, moving from Merc to Ferrari would be a heck of a lot easier than when he moved from Ferrari to Merc.
Anyhow, it would be absolutely impossible in my opinion to keep such a rumour quiet! EVER.
There would have been wispers about such a move by now, so I dont think it will happen.

internetf1fan

wesley123 wrote:
internetf1fan wrote: Also to say Whitmarsh has no balls, why is that? What daring thing did others do that Whitmarsh didnt? Thats right nothing. And Ross in this respect isnt more tough than Whitmarsh is.
For example, Whitmarsh didn't run KERS in 2010 even when near the end of the season 2009 season they had the best package. Why? Because of some stupid gentlemans agreement with FOTA out of which they haven't recieved anything in return. KERS was perfectly legal in the regulations. If other teams were willing to hamper their performance they Titmarsh should have let them. A goal of a F1 team is to win and to win you need to get all the performance out of the car within the regulations. They had F-duct in 2010, but F-duct + KERS would have given them serious boost.

Titmarsh plays too nice with other teams. Something ferrari for example would never do. They always put their performance first.

zyphro

raymondu999 wrote:I just don't get why so many people are saying Schumacher to Ferrari is a viable move. More wishful thinking than anything else I'd imagine.

I absolutely cannot see it happening, especially from the Ferrari end. Michael? I think he's pretty rational about these things, and takes whatever is the best deal (whether that comes in the form of a winning car, a winning team, whatever, is a different matter) but I don't see Ferrari tking him back as a driver, ever.

raymondu999

zyphro wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I just don't get why so many people are saying Schumacher to Ferrari is a viable move. More wishful thinking than anything else I'd imagine.

I'm well aware of that. But Michael at that point was still working at Ferrari. He hadn't moved on to an almost-sworn rival of Ferrariback then.

It's like people are saying Bill Gates will move to Apple, if you catch my analogy
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SeijaKessen

zyphro wrote:
Here's a suggestion: watch the 2012 season again, from day one ;).

Maldonaldo not good in races? Remind me who's won a race again? Oh dear. His pace is not the problem, his race craft and his mindset is. The guy is bloody fast and doesn't know how to utilise his speed - week in week out. Whilst Senna is just consistently slow.
Dear zyphro,

I've watched every single race. Had a gentleman of such esteemed standing as yourself done so too...you might have noticed things. ;)

I do seem to recall how the only time both drivers finished in the points together was at Shanghai.

I also distinctly recall Maldonado finishing behind Senna.

In addition, I find that most inquisitive minds find it somewhat peculiar that a team that hadn't won in quite sometime, suddenly has everything down when said team's, team principal happens to turn 70 years old. Something about that tire compound.

While I don't dispute Maldonado having a lot of speed, it's all an exercise in futility when such speed never actually comes to make a difference outside of qualifying.

Remember, F1 is a marathon, not a sprint...and even more so with these tire operating windows being what they are.

Keep in mind too zyphro, I've never said Bruno is championship material, I've simply said he is a lot better than people such as yourself want to give him credit for.

Sadly the most lost aspect of the whole thing is this: How many drivers did not race in the most formative years a racing driver has, and still made it to the starting grid of Formula One? Consider that.

-SK

Coefficient

internetf1fan wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
internetf1fan wrote: Also to say Whitmarsh has no balls, why is that? What daring thing did others do that Whitmarsh didnt? Thats right nothing. And Ross in this respect isnt more tough than Whitmarsh is.
For example, Whitmarsh didn't run KERS in 2010 even when near the end of the season 2009 season they had the best package. Why? Because of some stupid gentlemans agreement with FOTA out of which they haven't recieved anything in return. KERS was perfectly legal in the regulations. If other teams were willing to hamper their performance they Titmarsh should have let them. A goal of a F1 team is to win and to win you need to get all the performance out of the car within the regulations. They had F-duct in 2010, but F-duct + KERS would have given them serious boost.

Titmarsh plays too nice with other teams. Something ferrari for example would never do. They always put their performance first.
The silly thing about your comment is that KERS was also in the regulations for all the teams including Ferrari yet they didn't use it either. Sometiems a Gentelmen's agreement is exactly that.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Gerhardsa

SeijaKessen wrote:
zyphro wrote:
Here's a suggestion: watch the 2012 season again, from day one ;).

Maldonaldo not good in races? Remind me who's won a race again? Oh dear. His pace is not the problem, his race craft and his mindset is. The guy is bloody fast and doesn't know how to utilise his speed - week in week out. Whilst Senna is just consistently slow.
In addition, I find that most inquisitive minds find it somewhat peculiar that a team that hadn't won in quite sometime, suddenly has everything down when said team's, team principal happens to turn 70 years old. Something about that tire compound.
ag no man, not match fixing in F1 as well...surely not :?:

LionKing

I think Schumacher will race another year @ Mercedes to see the fruits of the labour...

Hail22

Perhaps as another poster mentioned, Schumacher may leave Mercedes to aid Ferrari in Development as well as giving Perez another year to further mature.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

jdlive

I would love to see Hülkenberg in one of the top teams. He was basically THE talent in all lower classes he competed in.

And btw, it's HÜlkenbErg. You can't Americanize everyone's name ffs :lol:
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."