Hamilton vs Rosberg and Button vs Perez in 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who?

Hamilton and Perez
31%
Hamilton and Button
50%
Rosberg and Perez
7%
Rosberg and Button
12%

Total votes: 121

Nando

Re: Hamilton vs Rosberg and Button vs Perez in 2013

I was against it at first then all these problems added up and then i looked at the actual success of Mclaren and without Hamilton´s title in 08 Mclaren haven´t won a single championship for over 10 years.

99 or something was their last title (not counting 08)
That´s a couple of years from when the dinosaur Williams used to win titles...
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

myurr

NathanOlder wrote:Yeah, I remember those words. Anyway, After all the rubbish thats happened to Lewis' car this season, I find it hard to understand when some people say "why would you leave Mclaren"
Should take a look at Whitmarsh's latest comments then. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104127

So he thinks Hamilton has had regrets about leaving (despite all the amazing cockups McLaren have had since then), and sounds incredibly bitter when he says:
Martin Whitmarsh wrote:"I hope he thinks today that he's made an awful mistake and I hope he thinks that next year.

"He's made that decision and he has to live with that decision."
Actually given McLaren's spectacular run of mechanical reliability over these last few races, where they've actually made HRT look professional, I doubt Hamilton regrets anything. He'd naturally like to end his tenure on a high, but at this rate he's going to be lucky to finish a race without some form of failure!!

raymondu999

Nando wrote:To Mclaren though i suppose it´s not worth anything. P2 is the first of the losers as Ron use to say.
Maybe McLaren want to market JB as the new "Red 5?" :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JimClarkFan

Based on the following and with the benefit of hindsight:

-Perez slump in performance in the later half of 2012, this indicates to me that he simply understood the tyres well in the first half of the season
-The fact that I cannot remember much real sign of true pace during his time in F1 during quali, now this could be because he always sets up for the race, where he is granted, much fast
-The belief that he will be a number 2 driver to Jenson, all indications are that Button will, for the first time may I add, be at a top team with a car built to suit him
-The fact that Button is a rocket ship in a car suited to his style

...I believe that Perez is going to get shown up badly next year at Macca. Should have chose Hulkenburg Mr. Mclaren.

raymondu999

I agree 100% - though don't agree that a car built to suit Button will guarantee him 20/20 good races - as we saw even at Brawn.

And of course Mr. McLaren isn't running things anymore :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

I think it will be no nr1 at Mclaren, can´t see them changing their philosophy anytime soon.
JB will be like the bigger brother but that´s about as far as it will go i think.

JimClarkFan

raymondu999 wrote:I agree 100% - though don't agree that a car built to suit Button will guarantee him 20/20 good races - as we saw even at Brawn.

And of course Mr. McLaren isn't running things anymore :P
lol :mrgreen:

Yeh I don't think Button will have 20/20 good races, for a guy soo sensitive to car balance that would be a big ask for him, and the team. I envisage an Alonso vs Massa beat down, something like that I think kind of score, maybe 15-5. Guess we will just have to see.

And yes, I think Button can be liable to a bit of pressure, it certainly seemed that way in 2009 even though he is adament it was because the car fell away from him. But I am sure it was a little bit of both.
Nando wrote:I think it will be no nr1 at Mclaren, can´t see them changing their philosophy anytime soon.
JB will be like the bigger brother but that´s about as far as it will go i think.
Whilst I agree with you that they will be allowed to openly race I believe that Macca will be listening to Button far more that they will be to Perez during development making him an all but named number 1. Button has a track record, everybody pretty much knows that he likes a well balanced car, however Perez is an unknown quantity.

Nando

Yea you say that and while it makes sense. It will only hold water if Button can outpace Perez.
For all we know, Perez might just show Button that he´s no pushover.

I know there are some doubts regarding Perez but i think that he is as good as we think he is.
He might not have the ultimate pace but i think he has a lot of qualities.

Should also mention that his "tire caring" was known before he went into F1.

raymondu999

Nando wrote:Should also mention that his "tire caring" was known before he went into F1.
Really? Such as? (Honest question - never saw his junior category years
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

raymondu999 wrote:
Nando wrote:Should also mention that his "tire caring" was known before he went into F1.
Really? Such as? (Honest question - never saw his junior category years
Taking care of the tires, treating them well etc.
GP2, even my incompetent swedish commentator knew that (not saying you should have known that but i was just surprised my commentator knew anything :))

Hes a Button from the new generation

Edit: The Sauber most definitely helped to enhance it though.