Hamilton at Mercedes 2012

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marcush.

Re: Hamilton at Mercedes 2012

Nando wrote:It´s a bit of a useless concept comparing drivers when they sit in different cars.
we simply don´t know how much is car and how much is driver.

We can only compare drivers in the same cars because they are the only two that run equal cars.
and we don´t know the team on each side of the garage as well....

Motorsports is a teamsport realy with the little pecularity the team is represented by the driver only when it counts ...we can now and then see the influence of the rest of the team-eg when drivers fail to make it to the line in time ,messed up pitstops ,cars falling apart....

Raptor22

hmmmusing subjectivity to form a basis for establishing a performance differentiator.

I think you need to first level the cars performance

marcush.

thankfully this is not happening and its still a little bit about creativity and technicnal matters as well as human interactions.
It´s not just about driving talent..there were some real talents out there who actually never made it cos they were complete idiots in life.

snoop1050

marcush. wrote:thankfully this is not happening and its still a little bit about creativity and technicnal matters as well as human interactions.
It´s not just about driving talent..there were some real talents out there who actually never made it cos they were complete idiots in life.
didnt stop montoya :lol:

Shrieker

I think this kind of comparision can't really work. Thanks for taking the time though, at least it shows the gap ( regarding pure pace-minus the mishaps) between Button and Hamilton 8)

However, FWIW I think Rosberg is a better driver than Button, and he'll surprise a lot of people next season alongside Hamilton. I might go as far as to say that Rosberg will pip Hamilton. He knows the team well while Hamilton will have to adjust himself into a new environment.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Nando

It´s basically a comparison between the Mercedes and Mclaren.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

FoxHound

Shrieker wrote:I might go as far as to say that Rosberg will pip Hamilton.
No chance of that in my view. Rosberg has struggled against Schumacher these last 12 months or so.
JET set

Slife

FoxHound wrote:
No chance of that in my view. Rosberg has struggled against Schumacher these last 12 months or so.
But Rosberg has double Schumacher's points.

marcush.

btw -Hamilton at MGP in 2012?

Raptor22

Slife wrote:
FoxHound wrote:
But Rosberg has double Schumacher's points.

AND less than half his retirements...

Shrieker

marcush. wrote:btw -Hamilton at MGP in 2012?
He means conjecture, what if he was at MGP in 2012 and how he'd have fared against Rosberg 8)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

marcush.

ah now the penny drops ...Rosberg has not looked particular convincing compared to the old man this year....so anything less than a complete demolishing of Rosberg would have to be called an epic fail on Hamiltons side.Lauda lured him with his ego ...so a competiton in form of Nico Rosberg just does not exist in Hamiltons perception.
Just wind back to Spa when Hamilton NEEDED to show the world why he could have possibly been slower than Button on a drivers track.

i wonder how the world would judge over Lewis if his points count was 4osomething points going into the japanese GP...
would people say he is past it or would they blame MGP for total failure to deliver the goods and poor Lewis had to stretch the limits too far and it was just normal to drop the ball under those conditons.

munudeges

It's Schumacher making way, not Rosberg, and the past twelve months are not the issue. Rosberg has put Schumacher in the shade for three years now. Then there is Schumacher's tendency to crash into things that just hasn't gone away in those three years..........

FoxHound

Had Hamilton rear ended a couple of cars this year, people would probably have the same critique of him that they have of Schumacher. He rear ended a couple of cars in Canada, but the situation was totally different to that of Schumacher's incidents.
I think it's high time people stopped crying over spilt milk, Schumacher is done. The king is dead, long live the King.
JET set

snoop1050

3 years? serioulsy ?
this video is like schumacher took a time machine and did it after his mercedes retirement.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avbxYsVaQ7c[/youtube]

i think lewis will learn more next year than he has in all his past seasons of f1 and im sure it will make him the better driver for it.