Hamilton at Mercedes 2012

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
beelsebob

Re: Hamilton at Mercedes 2012

snoop1050 wrote:
marcush. wrote:
snoop1050 wrote:anthony davidson on the sky sports f1 show announced hamilton is bringing atleast 4-5 tenths to the team
sure ..the same 4tenths he brought todays? or is he saving them up for next year? If he really said this he needs to consult a braindoctor soon...ah wait ..he was over one second slower than Button todays...
by that weird logic he would have been better placed in qualy than driving the Mclaren todays....it does simply not stack up
I think speedwise -absolute speed he might have a slight edge over anyone -maybe- he can wrestle something from a bad car undoubtedly but that does not make him or the car a winner ..

but lets wait and see.
you question davidson? he has 24 GP starts! surely he is in a position to know exactly how many tenths hamilton brings? noone ever doubted alonsos 3 tenths
I thought alonso lost 6 tents? Does that mean he's on negative 3 tents now?

marcush.

were those 4 tenths imperial or metric ?

Raptor22

american imperial or british imperial.

ISO Metric or British Metric?

marcush.

which is your favorite colour?

beelsebob

I like cheese.

Raptor22

example

Staying at Mclaren would be worse. There's something rotten in that team.

Raptor22

When you can't spend 3000Km testing in the off season, it should be better the devil you know....if you want to win

banibhusan

Oh dear!! Life ain't all about rainbows and sunshine, eh??

marcush.

the best one:
if it ain´t work ,i still can go to a proper team afterwards as I´m only 31 by then... :mrgreen:

In what does HE believe?

example

If Mclaren did all that to Schumi there would be no end to criticism.

At least he doesn't believe in cheating. :D

Raptor22

Nobody does what Schumacher did because nobody can afford to anylonger.
It takes testing time.
Todat it all about how good the parts are on the drawing board. Schumacher could do what he did because he would test all week long. He would try different parts, provide feedback and then try a different set and provide feedback. He and the Ferrari team could have great control over those test sessions because they worked with constant fuel loads, a test engine map and fuel provided especially for testing. He was/is especially sensitive to the feel of the car and had a great skill of being able to translate that "feeling" into a description of how the mechanical parts related (Mechanic training probably helped him here.
He was also not afraid to pick up a wrench and get stuck in with the mechanics (probably not at Mercedes)
The only way Hamilton can do what Schumacher did is in his mind because F1 just doesn't work in a way that allows that sort of work ethic or skill to be utilised effectively. everything is now in the hands of the engineers. You either get what you ask for or you don't.

Maybe Lewis is a video game freak and he will contribute in that way..

Sorry mate, you're a passenger

example

I'll leave you alone in your Schumiwelt.
It's funny how another member was labeled as being frustrated, but in this thread everything is allowed.

Richard

One thing is certain about a thread with "Hamilton" in the title.....