Why No F1 online coverage

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: Why No F1 online coverage

I´d love to be able to see races online, if that was available i probably would not download the races for free.
I despise my country´s broadcast and Sky is not available here.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

siskue2005

rssh wrote:I always watch race online nowadays because the Star Sports sucks big time and they don't show Practice sessions and they have a break of 2.5 minutes every 7 minutes in the race :x
What? I am from india and we get all the free practices on star sports from 2013 onwards...with Martin brundle and co commentery. The add breaks have significantly decreased nowadays.

andylaurence

Rehan125 wrote:Personally, I couldn't justify the cost of a full Sky Sports package just to watch a few races. However, I'd happily pay £10 per race for occasional races via pay per view online.
Then I have good news for you. You can pay for the races online with Now TV from Sky and they're available at the price you'd happily pay. I wouldn't pay £10/race to watch online - you could go to a bar showing the race and have a meal with a couple of pints to wash it down for less.

Blanchimont

In Germany, RTL streams the qualifying and race completely. They only interrupt the stream when the tv coverage makes an ad break.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

beelsebob

andylaurence wrote:
Rehan125 wrote:Personally, I couldn't justify the cost of a full Sky Sports package just to watch a few races. However, I'd happily pay £10 per race for occasional races via pay per view online.
Then I have good news for you. You can pay for the races online with Now TV from Sky and they're available at the price you'd happily pay. I wouldn't pay £10/race to watch online - you could go to a bar showing the race and have a meal with a couple of pints to wash it down for less.
And this isn't £10 a race – it's £20 a race, or even £30 if you care about practice. That's a completely ridiculous rate, frankly.

Maybe if it was £0.50 an hour, then the rate might look more reasonable.

wesley123

As the deal itself has shown, people will pay it anyways, so why not ask the huge amount?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

andylaurence

wesley123 wrote:As the deal itself has shown, people will pay it anyways, so why not ask the huge amount?
Although if 3x the people will subscribe if you halve the price, that also seems a no-brainer...

Miguel

andylaurence wrote:
This makes me wonder, where the hell in the UK do you live? Other than a students' pub on happy hours, I haven't seen any pub in London or Edinburgh pouring pints for less than £3. Ale or drought, no matter what, is more expensive than that in the places I've been to. Anyway, even at £2.50, that still leaves us with a fiver for the food. It seems to me you'll only be able to get a sunday roast in the dodgiest places!

More on topic, I agree with andylaurence. While 9.99 seems like a decent deal if you want a saturday football overdose with the lads, it really isn't that hot for the race, especially once you add up the qualifying.

PS: If you're ever to Silverstone (the town next to the circuit), there's a pub close to the village entry, with lots of pics from the British GP. Avoid the food there like the plague.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

beelsebob

Miguel wrote:
andylaurence wrote:
This makes me wonder, where the hell in the UK do you live? Other than a students' pub on happy hours, I haven't seen any pub in London or Edinburgh pouring pints for less than £3.
Hahaha, if you're basing your numbers for an average pint off the two most expensive cities in the UK, you're gonna have a bad time. A pint in most of the UK costs about £2.
Ale or drought, no matter what, is more expensive than that in the places I've been to. Anyway, even at £2.50, that still leaves us with a fiver for the food. It seems to me you'll only be able to get a sunday roast in the dodgiest places!
Places like your local weather spoons will usually offer a £6.99 beer + burger deal. It'll be a fairly meh meal, but it'll come in well under the £10 budget.

Miguel

beelsebob wrote:Hahaha, if you're basing your numbers for an average pint off the two most expensive cities in the UK, you're gonna have a bad time. A pint in most of the UK costs about £2.
Ale or drought, no matter what, is more expensive than that in the places I've been to. Anyway, even at £2.50, that still leaves us with a fiver for the food. It seems to me you'll only be able to get a sunday roast in the dodgiest places!
Places like your local weather spoons will usually offer a £6.99 beer + burger deal. It'll be a fairly meh meal, but it'll come in well under the £10 budget.
Damnit!!! I *knew* there had to be side effects to the London Allowance!!! I've been suffering the lovely effects of the London housing bubble for a few years already, but this 50% surplus in beer surely tops it all. Damnit!!! At least beer is not as expensive as in France...
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

beelsebob

Miguel wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Hahaha, if you're basing your numbers for an average pint off the two most expensive cities in the UK, you're gonna have a bad time. A pint in most of the UK costs about £2.
Damnit!!! I *knew* there had to be side effects to the London Allowance!!! I've been suffering the lovely effects of the London housing bubble for a few years already, but this 50% surplus in beer surely tops it all. Damnit!!! At least beer is not as expensive as in France...
Haha, tell me about it. I lived in Paris for 5 months earlier this year, where it was €9 a pint^W half litre. Even when you take into account that this is stronger, belgian beer, that's bloody expensive. The same beer could be had in antwerpen for €1.80 per 330ml.

andylaurence

beelsebob wrote:
Miguel wrote:Ale or drought, no matter what, is more expensive than that in the places I've been to. Anyway, even at £2.50, that still leaves us with a fiver for the food. It seems to me you'll only be able to get a sunday roast in the dodgiest places!
Exactly. A fiver for a meal is easily doable or up to a tenner at a good food place. If you're lucky enough to live in the Big Smoke, then you could buy two pints and get some chips from the local takeaway on the way home for a tenner or just skip the food and have 3 pints!